Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My A$$ was on vacation all week last week, so I was busy entertaining him most of the week. I did manage to get him to go to the mountain where I had found the Eagle buttons and such Saturday last, to find some GPS spots that I had found on an old map showing houses. After finding them for my buddy and I he left and we spent the day at one of the sites. Not much in keepers from there.....the usual tax tokens and bullets and such. Later in the week Lisa (huntin buddy) and I decided to go back and find one of the other sites. When we go through the first gate everything seemed normal as usual. Got to the second gate and it was closed. ??? This one up to now has been left open and all the cows and donkeys and such were allowed access to any part of the pasture, so a little confused but opened the gate and carried on. Got down to the spot and put down all the stuff that we had carried with us....backpack, bucket for carring all the junque out, water....ect... Turned the detector on and began swinging. Was there a couple of minutes and started hearing this noise that was just out of this world! I turned and looked at Lisa and ask her what she thought it was....she didn't know either. ??? Kept diggin and the noise got louder and louder! Looked up and there they were! Two of the biggest bulls I ever did see and heading straight for us! :o We hurriedly picked up all our stuff and head for the grove of trees for cover! I'm carring the bucket and Lisa is carring the backpack...they are getting closer and closer and we go from a swift walk to all out runnin! :D Lisa's got ahold of my shirt tail while we're runnin, she's screaming and I'm tellin her "It'll be alright!" :D After making it to the middle of the grove I stop and she plows into my backside! :D After a quick recovery, I look down and realize what is going on. I have a five gallon bucket and the bulls thinks it's feedin time! :P I leave the bucket and we skirt around the edge of the woods and crawl under the fence and left them the bucket! ;) We did get to detect on the other side of the fence and found more bullets and a 1918 wheat and a button with a person shooting with a bow and arrow and some regular change and of course some junque. It was an adventure, and we had fun! :D

Nana ;D

Attachments

• 100_6223.jpg
    100_6223.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 889
  • 100_6245.jpg
    100_6245.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 887
  • 100_6250.jpg
    100_6250.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 880
  • 100_6253.jpg
    100_6253.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 881
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-\ I know MD! I missed a great opportunity, didn't I? :'( Gonna try to be very quiet next time and see if I can stay just a bit longer! :D

:D Yeah, Maria....it took a minute or two to compose after that little trot around the pasture. :D

Bob! You were in Bama and didn't tell me! I am just south of Huntsville, let me know next time you visit! And yeah, they do all seem to blend together, don't they? :D

Thanks again, ya'll! Have a great weekend!

Nana :)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Nana, Hey I've not been on in a while snowed in today and off work got to read your adventure glad you two all alright, but it sounds like a lot of fun I'm crying laughing so hard, but I agree with others take your A$$ next time and he can video for us all!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh, thought I already posted here? Hum...the old boy is losing it.

Anyway, nice bull story! I've read lots of these but so far this is the first time anybody ever offered a picture. Very impressive!

This reminds me of a story. Two boys had crossed a farmer's fence on their way to steal apples. About half way there the farmer's bull started after them. They ran for all their might but soon realized it was futile. Finally one of the boys said to the other "You're religious...pray!" So they stopped, knelt down, and the boy prayed "Lord! thank you for what we're about to receive."

That story have always brought me comfort.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread