The Curse of Civil War Gold

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...ar-gold-new-treasure-hunting-show-on-history/

Just saw a brief preview. From the same folks that brought us The Curse of Oak Island. Just happens to be up by Marty Lagina's neck of the woods and they just happen to be using the same guy who does the metal detecting from The Curse of Oak Island, ( Gary Drayton ).

Some say the guys on Oak Island had some type of argument ? and maybe this is why ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The previews for next weeks finale has them showing Marty a video they made and they tell Marty that in the upper right hand corner they believe they have a gold bar. "If" they were close enough to take the video, why didn't they spend a couple more minutes and video themselves with an "actual" gold bar ? They were already there, why not make it 100% positive proof ? Or, did they just take video and later, while watching the video, imagine they saw something in the video that they did not see while on the lake floor ? And so now they feel it is a gold bar in order to lure viewers for the next season ?

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Kevin Dykstra "believes" that the locomotive buried in the sand on the beach is the one stolen from the Confederacy. Correct me if I am wrong, but the only locomotive stolen was the "General" and it is now on display at a museum in Georgia ? Then the theory is that this "buried in the sand locomotive was probably the same one that brought the gold from Georgia up to Michigan. How can you explain that logic ? You mean the North had virtually no trains ? Yet the North had over 22,000 miles of track versus the South who had 9,500 miles. Wasn't the Confederate rails a different width than the Union just to help reduce one running on the other's track ?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A joke from the first show......I can not watch one more episode:BangHead:

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Instead of searching the bottom of Lake Michigan for what reports sayis $ 140 million in gold bars, why did he not just stick with his investigation in Utah for the 280 gold bars claimed to have been found in 2005 ? At least here he has an eyewitness who is still alive. And the wife, ( of the guy who had found these bars ), said her husband did not want to talk to anyone about it, yet when Kevin asked her to "reconsider", " she asked "Why ? ", which told me that they may be interested under the right circumstances ?

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My Contract with Dish Network was up ...they wanted to lease me new equipment....another 2 years contract.
They said the Remote would listen to me and move to the channels buy voice...ya right !
I told them to jump in the lake with the new equipment ...they told me to throw out the old equipment...be my pleasure !
As of 04/04/18 my service is off ...and screw the History Channel and their Fake Treasure Hunters and Shows... this one took the "Crap Cake" .
i`m Free just in time for spring in N.Y.... and need to be "aired out".
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
So lame, at the end of this last episode they now pull out of their hat the "CURSE" factor, and it begins with Kevin jumping off the back of a boat and injuring his back. On a scale of 1 - 10, I give him a -10 for "dismount".

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you ready for this? I had watch four hours in a row Saturday night. The show is a joke. First show is digging up sand falling back in. They gave up. Then they visit many buildings including a bank value breaking up safely deposited boxes seeking gold coins, like people going to leave them behind. Then finding keys in a large box. Wall almost killed one man. Then the fools interview a man who found gold bars and other items and took nothing, another fool, I would had taken some at a time, pay income taxes. Man not talking. His father told the fools the FBI recovered it. Then the fools think that they could find the cave that thousands of people including expert treasure hunters. Then they had heard that even tho the story was in a newspaper at least once, a man told the cops who told the FBI who flew over the mountain and find the cave and took everything there. I do not know if this story is true. So Marty hire a boat and believe that they locate the gold, Next show is this Tuesday, 9:00 PM. Stay tune. The leader told that they search wih a smaller boat and found nothing. This whole thing is going to cost Marty a lot of money to locate the treasure and recovered it. I am wondering what his percentage is and also the state percentage. I be watching.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? Another season? Do you mean that they are not going to find and recovered the gold this Tuesday night?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, in last nights show the 5 guys pack all their junk campers,4x4s,drone etc.etc.Drive 1,700 miles to search caves/mines in the Utah Cricket mountains.And NO ONE brings a freaking flashlight ? Really ?
I saw that show, funny watching fools going into a cave with no flashlight. Before I go into a cave, I throw stones to find out if animals are there and snakes. Then carefully with gun I walk slowly with big stick and gun and flashlight.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you ready for this? I had watch four hours in a row Saturday long. The show is a joke. First show is digging up sand falling back in. They gave up. Then they visit many buildings including a bank value breaking up safely deposited boxes seeking gold coins, like people going to leave them behind. Then finding keys in a large box. Wall almost killed one man. Then the fools interview a man who found gold bars and other items and took nothing, another fool, I would had taken some at a time, pay income taxes. Man not talking. His father told the fools the FBI recovered it. Then the fools think that they could find the cave that thousands of people including treasure hunter. Then they had heard that even tho the story was in a newspaper at least once, a man told the cops who told the FBI who flew over the mountain and find the cave and took everything there. I do not know if this story is true. So Marty hire a boat and believe that they locate the gold, Next show is this Tuesday, 9:00 PM. Stay tune. This whole thing is going to cost Marty a lot of money to locate the treasure and recovered it. I am wondering what his percentage is and also the state percentage. I be watching.
======================
I too saw that Saturday night. Watching it reminded me again about how little to no evidence they have that gold bars are on the lake bottom and ALL the time and money spent on irrelevant side trips to "prove" to Marty they have evidence. :dontknow:

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
The Scott Taylor bars in a cave story from 2005 sounds about as legitimate as a posh ski resort in North Korea. You've really got to wonder what the powers that be at History Channel say to each other behind closed doors when they view these episodes for the first time. I'm sure there are some shaking heads and faces in palms. I'm still in disbelief how people are actually buying this narrative they 100% created from an alleged deathbed confession of a lighthouse keeper seeing a rail car being pushed off a ferry.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Scott Taylor bars in a cave story from 2005 sounds about as legitimate as a posh ski resort in North Korea. You've really got to wonder what the powers that be at History Channel say to each other behind closed doors when they view these episodes for the first time. I'm sure there are some shaking heads and faces in palms. I'm still in disbelief how people are actually buying this narrative they 100% created from an alleged deathbed confession of a lighthouse keeper seeing a rail car being pushed off a ferry.

serious? they are looking at viewer numbers and counting the $$$$ rolling in from advertising. Nobody in show business gives a crap about reality, truth or believe-ability. The more outrageous the crap, the more the national morons tune in, the more advertising money the network receives.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Hahah, just because it brings in numbers doesn't necessarily mean they have to believe what they are selling!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not afford to waste my time on the shenanigans. I see more treasure posted here every day then they have found in all the seasons of Oak and Confederate gold.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only gold, Col. Benjamin Pritchard got from the capture of President Jefferson Davis and his party was his share of the $100,000 REWARD shared between his regiment and the First Wisconsin of Col. Harden. Very little sharing amount a couple thousand troops and Officers. With two different regiments on the scene there is no way Pritchard or General Minty his commanding officer which was not even on the scene buried or stole any gold. No gold to steal, no gold to ship to Michigan and no gold to dump in Lake Michigan.

History Channel is good at making a story sound good with no proof and then drag it out from Michigan to Georgia to Utah and over the blasted country but still not recovering any gold from Lake Michigan. They said they already located the gold why not bring it up------------because there is no gold.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Has Kevin actually "shown" why he believes the gold was on "that" particular boxcar and on that "specific" trip across the lake ?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr. Dykstra believes he found the Le Griffon. He said he wasn't going back to it because he was being followed. He said he was moving on. The Le Griffon is considered by some as the "[FONT=Benton Sans, Arial, sans-serif]earliest known shipwreck on the Great Lakes and something of a Holy Grail for those who dive wrecks in the region. How do you turn your back on such history, if true ? So far, that I am aware of, he has walked away from potential finds. Marty Lagina holding out to back Kevin's search is another made for tv drama. I bet the tv show already had him locked in from the get go.and just drug it out to make for childish nonsense. Think about, Marty took how many seasons to finally believe that his brother Rick may be right about Oak Island, ( even though nothing proofing substantial evidence was found ). Yet almost all of a sudden, Rick throws full support behind a complete stranger with virtually no proof. How does one go from being a pessimist on Oak Island to to an optimist on the box car ? This is so staged it is unreal. [/FONT]

Michigan has become quite protective of " her" wrecks. And there were things pulled from enough to give good reason to go to extremes.

The Griffon ....first ( well ,first documented) sailing ship above Detroit's rapids would be a prize indeed. Not for it' s cargo of furs ,but it's history.
Anyone find it and tell the state ( as they should) , the ship would not simply be abandon.
Last I knew the ship was not confirmed/ i.d.'d.

Anyways 'I don't get the History channel. ,Watched it years ago before the real crazy shows started up.

I have been in and on Lake Michigan enough. Tasted it ,smelled it , but never suspected a train car of gold in it. Either my taster is off ( hey ,if I had a show it could be proven,or ....)or some one is telling tall tales ; while chasing their own tails For what?

Nothing wrong with chasing treasure. Watching Larry,Curly and Moe do it once might be enough though. Or not ...for some viewers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread