the everything site ...?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gossamer,

If you would be interested in some high resolution pictures of the Stone Maps that the museum is touting as the originals, PM your email address to me.

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gossamer,

I will be happy to send you the pictures, but you will have to give me your email address first. :wink:

For anyone trying to start a conversation with me, either by PM or email, I don't have private conversations with anyone without having your real name, address, phone number and email address.

Sorry to be such an ass, but I like to know who I am really dealing with. Too many A-holes and wacko's out there, and I have learned my lesson the hard way. Some of you may consider me to be all of the above, but I don't hide behind the cactusjumper moniker. I will provide the same information back to you.......after we have a phone chat.

Other than that, I am more than happy to chat away on this site.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactus my iirend : Sheehs don't leave yourself so vulnerable, they would massacre me if I posted ---

"Too many A-holes and wacko's out there, Some of you may consider me to be all of the above---"

too many know me sniff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jose,

We seldom see ourselves as others see us. It's best not to get too enamoured with your bad self. Holds down on the big surprises when someone says nasty things about us.

I realize that never happens to you, but I get that kind of "truthful" critique every day. Probably would end up in a funk is they ever let up. :'(

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze Joe, I have never met anyone that I liked better then myself. I am handsome, loveable. a devil may care adventurer, a genius, a well balanced male, will have over $1000 US cash some day.

I could go on for hours, but I am afraid that many , not realizing the true value of ME, might become bored or disbelieving even though it is true, RIGHT ?

You of course, would not be, but I am dubious about Djuicy and Oro.

So there room, nyah. NOW get back to posting !!!

Don Jose de La Mancha (Co discoverer of the Lost Atlantis with the room)

p.s. I wonder how many prayers I have to say to eliminate the above ??

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Old Dog wrote:
Oro,
I emailed a photo to you.

Got it in the clear amigo, a very interesting and puzzling thing. I wish I had the answer to it!

Cactusjumper wrote:
We seldom see ourselves as others see us. It's best not to get too enamoured with your bad self.

A famous person once said "We are, just what we pretend to be." and in some respect this is true - to those around us, we rather are what we seem to be - whether that is what we really are or not. Hence a happy-go-lucky person is taken to be a happy person, a 'sad-sack' is taken to be a sad person; even in our vocations. I must agree about not falling in love with the mirror too - for mirrors show only the surface.

Cactusjumper wrote:
I realize that never happens to you, but I get that kind of "truthful" critique every day

I agree that criticism can be very useful and informative but would find it less than useful on an every-day basis. No one is perfect, after all, no need to refresh the critique quite so often. Besides, there is a certain charm in the art of the lie! ;D :o :D For example, there are numerous "Liar's Contests" that can be great fun, but not a single "Honesty Contest" - though I hear there is a TV show something like that, I very much doubt how much "fun" nor useful it would be to have absolute honesty.

Don Jose', Dueno de Real e Minas de Tayopa wrote:
I have never met anyone that I liked better then myself. I am handsome, loveable. a devil may care adventurer, a genius, a well balanced male, will have over $1000 US cash some day.

Hmm, at the risk of a pointed counterattack, I might simply point to my last post above. ;D As for that incredible fortune of money mentioned, heck I may actually have nearly $100 US cash some day, if I work hard, give up driving a vehicle, coffee, and many other things. I would never make such an outrageous claim to hope to reach the stupendous sum of $1000, not in a single lifetime! :o ::) ;D :D

I must admit, I am at a loss as to how to tie this post back into the subject matter, so my apologies for the off-topic drift.
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
PS - a find of an "offering box" at Ahuitzotl's Tomb;
http://banderasnews.com/0806/art-greattemple.htm

Anything like this at your sites Blindbowman, or indications of some kind of offerings left for a dead emperor? I think you will find the list of items found in the offering box interesting! Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Hellllooooooo (echo...echo...echo)
Anybody home?
I went up to Superior AZ, and wandered around, was watched very intently...LOL, I found this beautiful monument. My aunt said this was turquoise... LOL.. I think its copper, anyone have an opinion?
Superior could be a beautiful place, but it actually feels 'sick' to me. Several times people have gone in for urban renewal, only to find a very uncooperative and hostile environment. Even my Aunt, who has lived there for 40 yrs, is looked upon as a 'outsider'. Beautiful new cars everywhere and houses falling down all around. Sad true story.
I just wonder about places having curses on them, could that be true? Apache Leap and Apache tears all over, dark black quartz called tears. Hey, BB... could it be cursed, personally I believe that it is... but what could wake it up, what would settle the score or bring peace to a place that is so very hurt?
Again, its on the that strange 33rd parallel that haunts me.
Hope everyone is well and awake... lol
Janiece

Attachments

• SUPERIOR MONUMENT.jpg
    SUPERIOR MONUMENT.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 446

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gossamer said:
Anybody home?
I went up to Superior AZ, and wandered around, was watched very intently...LOL, I found this beautiful monument. My aunt said this was turquoise... LOL.. I think its copper, anyone have an opinion?
Superior could be a beautiful place, but it actually feels 'sick' to me. Several times people have gone in for urban renewal, only to find a very uncooperative and hostile environment. Even my Aunt, who has lived there for 40 yrs, is looked upon as a 'outsider'. Beautiful new cars everywhere and houses falling down all around. Sad true story.
I just wonder about places having curses on them, could that be true? Apache Leap and Apache tears all over, dark black quartz called tears. Hey, BB... could it be cursed, personally I believe that it is... but what could wake it up, what would settle the score or bring peace to a place that is so very hurt?
Again, its on the that strange 33rd parallel that haunts me.
Hope everyone is well and awake... lol
Janiece

Hi Gossamer,

It is indeed quiet in here - probably partly a result of the weather getting nicer all over and people taking vacations and not wanting to hang out inside on the computer :)

First of all, I'm no expert on geology or mining, but I know Superior is located in an area rich with copper containing deposits. Turquoise, Malachite, Azurite, Chrysacola, etc... all are copper containing specimens with different elemental composition.

I had the opportunity last fall to visit Superior for a little while and also headed to the perlite mines outside the city to search for apache tears. They are actually a nodule formation of glassy obsidian rather than quartz. I had a great time and found more than I could haul home with me on the plane so I got to pick and choose the nicer ones to keep. Here's a link to the area I hunted in - there was a really picturesque relaxing canyon back aways (Arnett Canyon) that was a perfect place for a picnic and relaxation in the shade.

http://camprats.net/Brochures/cv Mattie Earp.pdf

As far as Superior goes, I only know a little about it based on reading things from folks who live around there. It's my understanding that Superior was primarily built as a mining town - as the mines reduced in size and closed over the years, Superior began dying as well. Recently on another forum I frequent, there was a discussion about how a large company was looking into developing and mining what could be the largest copper deposit in NA located right there in/by Superior. It would revitalize the community, bring much needed jobs, etc... It sounds like there's alot of discussion and "fighting" between the mining proponents and environmentalists going on and I haven't heard the latest.

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
It is indeed quiet in here - probably partly a result of the weather getting nicer all over and people taking vacations and not wanting to hang out inside on the computer

Cub, nice to read ya'.
I can't go outside because just walking to the mailbox can cause you to ignite. DAMN its hot here. LOL
I grew up here, and as I've mentioned, spent a lot of time up in Superior with my cousins... running around and trying to avoid the usual dangers of desert life, snakes, wild boar and drug runners.
Yes, the 'company' has invested an enormous amount of money, and I do mean an enormous amount. They completely refurbished the really old hospital, and then put a gate and guard on it. I believe they use the facility as a office complex.
5 years ago, the little city perked up and thought they were going to come to life again, after a long sleep. Artists were purchasing houses and an art league was assembled. After nothing else happened all went back to the sleepy little copper and drug town that it has been for a long time.
I've been out picking up the Apache Tears myself and ruined my expensive sunglasses by having them and the tears in my pocket. :'(
I've even stomped thru a little known very old garbage dump, that is a lot of fun. Its from the original mining camp over 100 yrs ago.
We have seen copper prices going so high that idiots are willing to try and heist it from electrical high wires, with the threat of death being little deterent.
My cousin's all worked for the 'company' and one went into the operational side and was shipped all over the world, but decided he didn't want to live in Indonesia and the armed guards kind of life style... he once rather cryptically said to me... 'there is plenty of metals on this planet', he's the quiet type, and doesn't answer questions. Which I find very annoying.
But driving around with my Aunt and exploring the mostly dead little town, I got the strong impression that the little hope that had come with the re-opening of Magma, died rather quickly. I'm left to my own thoughts with this, but its my belief that Magma doesn't want the little town to ignite.
Magma purchased most of the quaint downtown, and now it sits, empty mostly. You can see the mining in the background, but nothing else.
The legend of Apache Leap seems to just permeate the entire area, the land is left fowl, though very new cars troll the hilly little suburbs.
The place has always made me sad, but I felt a different kind of sad this time... the monument I showed was to the miners and the lives lost. My uncle was amoung the 'lost' ones. But the feeling is more malevolent than sad now.
It makes me wonder if something more is found along my quirky 33rd parallel, I wonder if the tunnel system that Geronimo reputed to pop in and out of has been found, why let the town fail.. if the mine is so very rich.
Janiece

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

For some interesting historical insight into that general area (Globe actually),you might try to find a copy of:

"Sometimes The Blues: The Letters And Diaries Or Frank Hammon, A Lonely Frontiersman In Globe And Phoenix, 1882-1889" by Susan Clardy.

Fascinating book with a nice forward by Don Dedera.

Also, if you want to explore the area of the Silver Chief Mine, let me know.

Take care,

Joe

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Joe, I sent you a note to thank you for your photos... I think they are boring into my brain. Did you get it?
Janiece

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HO BB: You posted -->

their bearing and elevation would have changed from where we see them today ...

is any of this makeing sence to any of you ...?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, it is basic, keep it up, more. It is also why our present weather cycle / pattern is changing, very little to do with man..

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
Real de Tayopa said:
HO BB: You posted -->

their bearing and elevation would have changed from where we see them today ...

is any of this makeing sence to any of you ...?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, it is basic, keep it up, more. It is also why our present weather cycle / pattern is changing, very little to do with man..

Don Jose de La Mancha

how very true my friend , i dont believe the globe warming has very much to do with mankind at all .. i beleive its a onslot of whats getting closer .....to a event we will have no controll over ...

bravo sir ...

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
BB thank you for your interest and I think your theory is one that is often referred to as precession. If I'm reading it right. The Rhumb line would not have been an efficient way in which ancients would use, its a loxodrome and not a true circle so the Phoenician sailors would have used the easiest, shortest and lots of observation of current flow and true star observation. They had thousands of years of observation. With Priestly devotion of star charting.
My understanding is that there is evidence that the earth has rotated and why true north and magnetic north aren't the same.
But my interest in the 33rd latitude goes into several subcultures and ancient maritime legend. Secret Society...
I think that ancient sea going peoples used North Star or long ago called by the ancients, 'Phoenician Star.'
And I agree with you Don Jose, that global warming is a cycle, we aren't helping it any, but the earth is doing her thing, and we just have to hang on.
Well, I'm so tired I hope some of this makes sense. :tongue3:
Janiece

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Gossamer said:
Anybody home? ...Again, its on the that strange 33rd parallel that haunts me....

Very astute observation - worth your research ferreting out other N33 latitude tidbits.

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Lots and lots of precious metals occur world wide on the 33rd , amongst other curious goings on
http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/10oct/33.html
http://www.informantnews.com/brief/33rdparallel.html
Cubfan wrote : Superior began dying as well. Recently on another forum I frequent, there was a discussion about how a large company was looking into developing and mining what could be the largest copper deposit in NA located right there in/by Superior. It would revitalize the community, bring much needed jobs, etc... It sounds like there's alot of discussion and "fighting" between the mining proponents and environmentalists going on and I haven't heard the latest.

Hmmm.... , Cubfan ,
A very heated battle is going on about this , it is called Hackberry/Powerline , and of all other crazy names Devils canyon , much ancient stuffs in there , along with a ton of Spanish activity
http://www.friendsofqueencreek.com/index.htm
:icon_jokercolor: MB

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
A very heated battle is going on about this , it is called Hackberry/Powerline, and of all other crazy names Devils canyon , much ancient stuffs in there , along with a ton of Spanish activity MB
Superior is a battleground, and has been for over a 100 yrs. The 'company' is doing a great job keeping her down. It reminds me of a story, about a Chinese Emperor who put opium in the wells, to keep the workers from rising up.
Janiece

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread