The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up at the top of the forum is a link "My Posts". Click on that and then in the drop down list click "My Posts / Replies" and you will see a list of all of your posts with the newest at the top. On the right side of each post listed you can see how many views there have been. Of course you could just do like most of us do and subscribe to your thread and you will be notified when someone posts.
Thank you My Friend!!
I am subscribed to my thread and get notified anytime someone leaves a post. But, if you remember the "old format", at the upper left hand corner of the page, it had a counter so that you would know how many times the thread had visits.
Just this thread. :laughing7:

Eagle

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Eagle

If you go to the Treasure Legends-California, page and look at the listing for this thread, it shows exactly how many views and replies
This is what is said when I made this post.... [h=3]The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)[/h]Started by EagleDown, Jun 05, 2010 10:28 PM39 Pages •1 2 3... 39
subscribed.png

• Replies: 760
  • Views: 28,655
  • Rating5 / 5
Last post byEagleDown

Jul 03, 2012, 09:57 PM

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, I gotcha. I mis-interpreted what you posted. Sorry!! My thought process are into some heavy physics and geometry right now. I think I'm going to have to back out of my calculations for a few days, just to clear my mind. (lol)

Views: 28,655.......Hmmmm, That means, if everyone who came in and read this thread left a donation of $1 to $5, I could hire someone to do my calculations for me, which would clear my mind and give me more time to write down my experiences. I'll have to put a donation bowl by the door. It'll be on your left as you leave. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Anyway, thanks for the information!!

Love and Respect,

Eagle

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
As well a read thread as there is on the whole site, plus over 760 responses.. Put my donation on account, on account the government took all my money and is severly limiting my pursuit of gold:laughing7:

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As well a read thread as there is on the whole site, plus over 760 responses.. Put my donation on account, on account the government took all my money and is severly limiting my pursuit of gold:laughing7:
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: You are a slippery one, aren't you?? :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Though I appreciate your compliment, there is always the thread that inspired me to start this one.
If you haven't been there, give it a try. Photos, humor and "Boots on the ground" stories. If your interests are metal detecting, dredging, or just about any type of gold recovery, you'll love Lanny's site.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Love and Respect,

Eagle

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Eagle, thought you and the readers of this thread might get a charge out of this link....Ghost Towns of Mariposa Co., CA
Thanks Oakview2!! This link was posted a few pages back. Actually, I started reading it with some anticipation, then ended up setting it aside with a measure of disappointment.

They tout it as well researched, but even with my limited knowledge, there were too many omissions and errors to suit me. For instance;
KING SOLOMON MINE (#1)

Located at Bear Creek (#1), which is near Midpines, southeast of Briceburg. Actual location not determined, but it was in the Whitlock Mining District.

I can't help but wonder how the actual location of one of the "Richest mines in the state of CA" can not be determined. Especially when you can stand on the side of hiway 140 and 'almost' see the portal less than 100 yards away. Kinda makes me wanna go; hmmmmm. ???

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed quite a few 'located between Coulterville and Yosemite' myself Eagle. Interesting reading tho as we all don't know everything- not anymore anyway. I did when I was 16 or so but must have forgotten a few things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed quite a few 'located between Coulterville and Yosemite' myself Eagle. Interesting reading tho as we all don't know everything- not anymore anyway. I did when I was 16 or so but must have forgotten a few things.
:laughing9: Amazing isn't it? Between the ages of 15 and 18 we know everything, then at 18 we get to mingle with the adults, then find out we know nothing. :laughing7:

Eagle

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Eagle

I am wondering if you are still planning a trip in August. My son and I just bought a new highbanker and are craving a trip to Briceburg

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle

I am wondering if you are still planning a trip in August. My son and I just bought a new highbanker and are craving a trip to Briceburg
Halito Oakview2,
Absolutly!! Though I can't give an exact date at this time. I hope it will be about the 4th or 5th, but, I have a VA doctors appt. on the 30th of this month and I don't know but what he might schedual another appt. I can only wait and see.

In any case, as soon as I know for sure, I'll post it in this "thread".

Right now, I would really appreciate it if there are any of my readers who are familiar with the Merced and could tell me if the water flow is down normally, or lower than usual.

Sorry about taking so long to answer, but my adopted son recently died from a heart-attact.

Love and Respect,

Eagle

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your son. My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family. As far as the Merced, I spoke to some guys from Leemore that were camping up there and prospecting, but never really though to ask them about the water levels. I will post it on our club board and see if I can get a report for you.

PS... You might check this site, has Merced River flow rates in the park and I believe a webcam

http://ca.water.usgs.gov/webcams/happyisles/

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!!

Well, according to the graph, it looks about as low as it will get. At least for a while. Unfortunately, the flow in the park
doesn't coordinate well with the flow 17 miles below the park. Too many side streams adding to it on the way down. (lol)

Anything you can find out would be appreciated.

Eagle

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this might help as long as you can decipher the information

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/Gauge2/detail/id/42682/

I posted a request for river conditons, but they have recently upgraded the board and it will not let me log in to retrieve the responses. Hopefully the above link will give you a ongoing real time glimpse of the flows at Briceburg..

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halito My Friends,
Well, I'm preparing to head up to the Merced River, but as usual, I'm short on cash and long on plans. (lol)
So, I've spent the past week preparing some opals that I will be trying to sell. (For the needed cash).
I thought you might like to see 2 or 3 of them. (Out about 30 that are ready to sell).

Precious opal is difficult to photograph under the best of conditions, and I found out that in direct sunlight is definately
NOT the "best conditions"!! (lol)

Anyway, just for your enjoyment........

Attachments

• P7270001.JPG
    P7270001.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 215
  • P7270007.JPG
    P7270007.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P7270009.JPG
    P7270009.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 224
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured you might like to have something to do while you waid for me. (lol)

OK everyone this is absolutely incredible!! Note it is not just 360, it is 360 at every latitude...try going up or down!
Subject: 360 degree pictures . . . next generation photography amazing!!

Don't get dizzy!!
You can also look straight up and down too.

Click on the pictures below and when they come up, click again and drag your mouse in any direction and the picture will give you a 360 degree view. Use your scroll wheel to enlarge or shrink. --- Amazing Photography!!!

PICTURE NUMBER 1

PICTURE NUMBER 2

PICTURE NUMBER 3

PICTURE NUMBER 4

PICTURE NUMBER 5

Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ready for a trip.

Hokay. For those of my friends who are interested and have the time, right now,
my intentions are to be on the Merced River by noon, Tuesday, 08/07/12.

I'll probably be there for a week or so. So, if you can make it, you will be welcome.

Hope to see you there!!

Eagle

Date edited.....

Last edited:

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle, don't know why I can't seem to find this thread, but usually hit active topics and came across this. Tommy, owner at Airport Inn (Mtn Bullion) 'said' he heard they were dumping Lake McClure. Wouldn't have much effect on waterflow above.
Working bout everyday, including weekends, getting real old! May wander over again next weekend if you're gonna be in same spot.
Shep

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle, don't know why I can't seem to find this thread, but usually hit active topics and came across this. Tommy, owner at Airport Inn (Mtn Bullion) 'said' he heard they were dumping Lake McClure. Wouldn't have much effect on waterflow above.
Working bout everyday, including weekends, getting real old! May wander over again next weekend if you're gonna be in same spot.
Shep
I would really love to have you be there. As far as I know, I'll be at the same spot, which I forgot to mention above.
Look for me at Railroad Flats. (The last campground downriver). At least for a while. Then I might move up to
McCabe Flats, to be closer to where I intend to work.

Incidentally, I put the wrong day/date above. Should have been; Tuesday, 08/07/12
Sorry, I forgot that I had something to do Monday.

Eagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread