The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this thread. Eagledown, you sound like the kind of guy that I could listen to all day while telling stories.
Why thank you My Friend!! Actually, I'm generally a pretty quite kind of person. Though I do have my moments.
I like to write mostly, because I don't have to stop and answer questions. (lol)

Welcome to the thread!!

Eagle

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am looking forward to meeting with you. Will you be around that weekend as well?

OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward to meeting with you. Will you be around that weekend as well?
Like little George Washington, "I cannot tell a lie", so, I have to say: If I find what I expect to find, in the amount of time I expect to find it; I'll be gone in 2 or 3 days..............headed for Jamacia. (lol)

Otherwise, I should be there the week-end of 08/11,12/12. A lot depends upon finances. I'm taking a few of my Opals with me. So, the more I can sell, the longer I can stay. So, bring along an extra $20, in case you see one that your wife just can't live without. :laughing9:

Hope to see you there!!

Love and Respect,

Eagle

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Count me in for an opal. I hope you are in Jamaica when I go looking for you. Lol.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eagle,
I took this picture of the water level today. I hope it gives you some kind of idea of what the river is like right now.

Attachments

• image-920035352.jpg
    image-920035352.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 218

mariposagoldbag

Sep 7, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Other
Eagle is here in town "Mariposa" and we've been out looking for gold. I can't tell you where it was found, but Eagle pointed into the general direction he thought I should detect and this was the first signal I dug. IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG

If anybody here is planning on going down to the Merced to meet with Eagle send me a message and I'll be sure to let him know when to expect you. That way you won't miss him!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice bright piece..Congrats...... Had hoped to meet Eagle on this trip, but have developed a leak in our foundation on the home front, and we are at the mercy of plumbers...

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! I plan on coming up sat. Where and what time is good for eagle?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
My son and I highbanked this out of some old tailing piles northeast of Coulterville... PS shot some close ups with a USB scope, shows off the beautiful blue quartz host rock is encased in:goldbar:

Attachments

• Mine nuggett 007.JPG
    Mine nuggett 007.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Mine nuggett.BMP
    900.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Mine nuggett 2.BMP
    900.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
OP
OP
EagleDown

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I plan on coming up sat. Where and what time is good for eagle?
Sat., you might want to watch for my old Ford Explorer. Other than that, I'll be on the river between McCabe Flats
and Railroad Flats. :dontknow:

Eagle

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't find much gold on my journey to meet Eagledown, but I did find a national treasure in eagle himself. It was great meeting you. Reading your stories were great, but they're even better in person. Thank you for the opals I purchased as well. they are beautiful. It was great meeting josh as well. I can't wait to get up there again to hang with eagle. Take care. Thxs

Mayor

Apr 3, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle, I stumbled onto your thread about a week ago and found it very interesting. So I went back to page 1 and started at the beginning. Wow it was great reading with my morning coffee before I had to go to work. Your writings are captivating and I now feel like you are an old friend. I would like to thank you for all the stories and advise. I live near and work in Jackson and the story about the crystals and diamond you found there have me wondering just where that might be. I have just again got into the search for gold with the last time back in the 70’s. But being married with 3 kids lots of bills and working at times 2 jobs it was short lived as I had no real knowledge just a shovel and a pan. Found some though just flower and small flakes. Kinda wonder where those small vials with my finds went to? Anyway some day if time permits I will tell you of the time I flew off the bridge at Bagby on a helicopter and up the river 4 or 5 miles and had to jump out of it while it was still flying (although not very high) and the time my son-in-law found a stash of gold coins in the Grinding Rock State Park in Pine Grove. Again many thanks for the stories and writings and I wish you well my brother. Mayor

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Oakview, thats nice did it come from a hard rock tailing?

Yes it did. This tailing pile appears to have been near below the crusher, a long line of decomposed redwood down the pile, sluice maybe, and a footing at the bottom that looks as though water ran over it.... This is on a club claim, no water this time of year, so we are pumping out of a vertical shaft full of nasty sulphur water... 1. Picture one is the tailing pile. 2. Milling stone. 3. Footing at the base of the pile that appears that a lot of water has run over, arasta. 4. A smaller but cool piece that we got out of a couple of buckets that we sluiced out of the creek when it was running...

We are going up next weekend for a outing and hope to get a couple of days of highbanking out of this hill... We have high hopes. PS, we have tried to Metal detect this hill but it is so filled with iron it will wear you out...

Attachments

• Mine 004.JPG
    Mine 004.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Mine 002.JPG
    Mine 002.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Mine 005.JPG
    Mine 005.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 5-13-12.BMP
    900.1 KB · Views: 141