The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Ellie Baba said:
.....What that value of a given longitude is depends of course on where we begin to count--on where zero longitude is. For historical reasons, the meridian passing the old Royal Astronomical Observatory in Greenwich, England, is the one chosen as zero longitude.

Except in this case; the stone maps require that zero longitude is the meridian passing through Washington, D.C., USA. .....

Things get really interesting when you use the longitudinal prime meridian than passes through Paris, France.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Springfield said:
Ellie Baba said:
.....What that value of a given longitude is depends of course on where we begin to count--on where zero longitude is. For historical reasons, the meridian passing the old Royal Astronomical Observatory in Greenwich, England, is the one chosen as zero longitude.

Except in this case; the stone maps require that zero longitude is the meridian passing through Washington, D.C., USA. .....

Things get really interesting when you use the longitudinal prime meridian than passes through Paris, France.

How so Springfield? Paris is not that far from Greenwich. Just curious as to why you made that statement.

Ellie B

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Infosponge said:
Good afternoon Gollum,

The main version of how Tumlinson found the Stone Maps comes from his Uncle Robert. WHY on God's Green Earth would Travis lie to his uncle and partner about where and how he found them? Why would he draw his uncle and partner a map pinpointing the location of where he found them knowing it was a lie? Its not like he was writing an article for TREASURE! Magazine. IT WAS HIS FREAKING UNCLE! That is the part that people keep forgetting: THE STONES WERE A FREAKING SECRET! The ONLY people that knew of their existence were a few people close to the Tumlinsons and a few more that the info got leaked to. I would guess maybe 15 or so people. THAT IS FIFTEEN OR SO PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that knew of the existence of the Stone Maps. Where is the need to lie?

I can think of at least one reason, if the stones are in fact stolen property. If Grandpa John Jackson Tumlinson Sr. A.K.A. Pegleg Tumlinson, did indeed steal the stones from the Arizpe Mission, then it would explain why Travis would have concocted the story of finding the stones along the side of the road. The story of finding the stones would kill two birds with one stone. 1) How they came into his possession. 2) Keep Grandpa Pegleg's name from being impligated in any wrong doing. Once the story was told Travis would have to stick to it, even to his uncle. Drawing a map to the discovery location just adds credence to the story.

Sincerely,

Infosponge

Starting where the stones were found. If one will simply look at the Heart stone in place, one will see at the face value intended, that the simple chicken scratch outlines lead you up and around to the trail left, and on up the old Apache trail and on to the Salt River. Go up river and one cannot miss a landing strip along the water ahead. A boxed in canyon.... Oh is one close now.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Ellie Baba said:
Springfield said:
Ellie Baba said:

How so Springfield? Paris is not that far from Greenwich. Just curious as to why you made that statement.

Ellie B

If your working model includes numbers, subtract 2 deg 20'+ from Greenwich longs and plug the result into your model. It's the same idea as using a Washington DC meridian - it all depends on the variables.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Venturing in and around the area brought on the image matches from simple government black and white aerial photos. Maps haven't changed all that much; just more details. Mysterious as they seem, it's really just that simple. There are the maps and then there is the legend boxs to go with them, all in one as today.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Springfield,

Thanks for explanation. You are right in saying that you must base the numbers on the variables. I am using numbers and clues based on the information provided by the ancients, for example the Egyptians, the Templars, the Jesuits, the Spanish, Native Americans and others. Much of the information can be found coded into early historical maps to present day made maps as late as 1994.

Some of these clues are right in your face and others are very subtle. The Templars were known as being arrogant and would flaunt the truth in front of the world. The problem is that the world actually could care less and are motivated by the basic needs to survive, like a flock of sheep being guided by an unworthy Shepard like our US government, or should I say the New World Order. Who out there can tell me that "we the people" have got it all under control?

Springfield, you know what I am talking about. I have not been posting as of late due to the fact that a number of astonishing discoveries have fallen into place. I have finally broke the ice with a number of archaeologists and shared some of my findings with them and have actually taken them on site to watch the mechanics of a particular landscape displaying animated shadow art right before our eyes within a two hour period. None of them have ever witnessed this type of an anomaly, let alone of having read a comment anywhere or heard from anyone else mentioning such an art form.

The second item relates to an ancient monument built to inform the layman of how to view the animated rock art for the right time of the year to be displayed by using the moon or sun. That is all I can say about this monument at present. One piece of information found in the operation manual does tell you where "0" degree longitude is located; the Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt. It fits my current model perfectly.

The stone maps are referring to other treasures and are not entirely related to the treasures pertaining to the above information although they have the same family tree beginning with the ancients.

Have a great week!

Ellie Baba

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Ellie Baba said:
.....One piece of information found in the operation manual does tell you where "0" degree longitude is located; the Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt. It fits my current model perfectly......

Yeah, all coordinates are local coordinates, depending upon your starting point, which can be anywhere you choose. Longitude, surely, but even latitude can be 'massaged' arbitrarily for the sake of obfusication. It's a funny thing about our working models, they're frustratingly dynamic. I guess that's why we're still tweaking them.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Might we start with the location where the stones were found and then head inland looking for water. Burros like water and green grass too. North it is.

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought of what I'm seeing on the stones: if you look at the church which is in the lower left hand corner of the stone........ right next to the church on the right sits an arrow showing North-North East direction............... next there is a path that looks like it follows the Rio Grand River, use a clear piece of lexan and draw a line following the Rio Grand River and then lay it over the rock pictures..................at first the mountain range that is being pointed out in the picture looked like Four Peaks, however, after doing research on it.. it looks more like a mountain range in Northern New Mexico...................... if you follow the 18 dots with the trail, it will lead you to somewhere in Colorado, looks to me to be in the San Juan Mountain range......... I believe this to be a map to Cibola not to a gold mine in the Superstition Mountains

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Interesting post DT,

When the Oros get back from there vacation, you might bounce that off of them - They have a similar theory...

Jerry

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
DT, your observation has been raised and largely ignored previously, but cannot be dismissed. The maps' place of 'discovery' naturally sent people into the Superstitions (people's actions are quite predictable), but the maps' provenance is frought with difficulties, as discussed at length earlier on this forum. This in itself should raise a huge red flag for the curious, but has been generally poo-pooed by those who are are 100% convinced that the stones are Superstition treasure maps. If the 'Tumlinson discovery' was jimmied, I would be reminded that a structure built on a shaky foundation is often problematical.

As many know, a 'hand drawn' map can be massaged to fit a myriad of physical locations. For those searchers in the physical world of mountains, drainages, and landscapes, the fractal phenomena will kill you if you're not very, very discriminating. Additionally, the 'Santa Fe' and 'Peralta' inscriptions on the 'Peralta Stones' obviously opens the possibilities of other venues besides the Superstitions.

I'm afraid your ideas will be met with a tepid response by those who have invested so much time and energy into the current working models of the maps. For me, the stones' purpose, age, creators and geographical references are all still on the table.

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield said:
DT, your observation has been raised and largely ignored previously, but cannot be dismissed. The maps' place of 'discovery' naturally sent people into the Superstitions (people's actions are quite predictable), but the maps' provenance is frought with difficulties, as discussed at length earlier on this forum. This in itself should raise a huge red flag for the curious, but has been generally poo-pooed by those who are are 100% convinced that the stones are Superstition treasure maps. If the 'Tumlinson discovery' was jimmied, I would be reminded that a structure built on a shaky foundation is often problematical.

As many know, a 'hand drawn' map can be massaged to fit a myriad of physical locations. For those searchers in the physical world of mountains, drainages, and landscapes, the fractal phenomena will kill you if you're not very, very discriminating. Additionally, the 'Santa Fe' and 'Peralta' inscriptions on the 'Peralta Stones' obviously opens the possibilities of other venues besides the Superstitions.

I'm afraid your ideas will be met with a tepid response by those who have invested so much time and energy into the current working models of the maps. For me, the stones' purpose, age, creators and geographical references are all still on the table.
I figured that I would get some of that, but with all those looking and no-one has found the Lost Dutchman yet. It makes me also think that it was covered when they built the dams out that way. It makes more since that a large cache could be out there waiting to be discovered. With everyone searching southern areas, one might stumble over it....I have read both of the Jacob Waltz books and have my own maps that I have made up and will go out and search it maybe in the winter time this year with a ground penetrating radar.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
DT,

Interesting theories, but it seems a bit illogical to me.

The best evidence for where the LDM is has always been, for me, the Bark Notes and the book by his partner, Sims Ely. No one, documented, has been closer to the legend.

If you are going to go up around the Salt, you must discount Julia and Rhiney's accounts. If you are going to do that, what's to stop you from going on up to the Bradshaws.

One other piece of evidence from that era, is the article by P.C. Bicknell. If you follow that article's directions, it closely follows my Stone Map trail into Little Boulder Canyon, which ends at the large heart formation which I have posted many times.

Now every twist, turn and peak is shown in my map, and they all match the Stone Map trail maps. They are proportionally correct and can be proven by simply drawing lines between the landmarks and showing where those lines cross on or near other landmarks on a topo.

It's really too simple for most Stone Map "experts" to wrap their minds around. If you don't use the Horse/Priest map, the Latin Heart or the Stone Crosses in your puzzle, it just can't be right.

There are many other legends and stories that suggest my map is correct, but in most cases explaining those things is like :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
One would instinctively begin their search from the location where the map(s) were placed; the start of the trail right? They do wing around to the Four Peaks area. Then you shoot down to the area referred to as the heart. The edge of the heart will be where one first finds true gold sign and that happens to be Gleason Flats; a massive gold placer that was the first major find in the area by the Jesuits.

The trail was guarded by Santa Fe Horse Soldiers and already existed long before the Peraltas came along. They came into it through second hand knowledge and other maps that existed in their day. When the Pimas dashed into Santa Fe, they found that the church was vacant and that any and all treasure had already been secreted away on the trail along the black river.

There were more springs in those days and the trails were more visible and obvious to those concerned. Roosevelt dam destroyed these trail springs and any flow that fed them. Fresco, "The fresh Place" and all it's beauty as an oasis in the middle of a waste land, died and faded away forever. It stood out like a sore thumb to a pack train with it's watrfall and massive meadow that existed down below the funnel mine; a meadow along the river. Doesn't it read rather obvious that the horse of Santa Fe pastures to the North along the river if one takes the time to read the tablets? The heart is 23 miles in length.

2+2=4 North of where the tablets were hidden and easily assumed if one found them and knew how to read basic sign as was intended. Fun Stuff :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies and Gentlemen: a question keeps bothering me. With all of these reports of minerals. placers, and actual mining, why was the Superstition put of bounds by claiming no commercial mineral showings?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
That cousin kin to the Vulture know as the Eagle and an imaginary sanctuary, seems to be as good an excuse as any. More like someone with connections thinks they know where it is themselves and wants it all for themselves or their decendants. It happens every time someone finds something wonderful out there in the wilderness of America. Funny how it only takes the passing of a generation to get the place opened again after the scam and the old fart dies off.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Ladies and Gentlemen: a question keeps bothering me. With all of these reports of minerals. placers, and actual mining, why was the Superstition put of bounds by claiming no commercial mineral showings?

Don Jose de La Mancha

They did the same thing to the doc noss treasure!

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Come on now, it says it right on the tablets; reference to an ancient trail out of New Mexico that loops clear up to King's peak Utah and back down to Mexico.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread