The Peralta Stones

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

"ok i guess your right, i should not post anything till i have the permits and my clams are legal ..."

No one has suggested that you not post. What would we talk about? ??? Illegal "clams" are not something to kid about.

If you are using the same disjointed, rambling story that you are pitching here, to justify a Treasure Trove Permit, you will be waiting a very long time. Are you a young man?

cj

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

"See my trouble is that it's been proven time and time again that dutch hunters like to throw other dutch hunters off the path, and use IMMENSELY elaborate hoaxes/trickery to achieve this goal."

For someone as trusting as you have been, it's troubling to see you turn this corner. More so, because of the high caliber and trustworthiness of some of the people you have met and who have taken you under their wing.....so to speak.

The Dutch Hunting Community has people at each end of the spectrum and all shades in between. From what I have seen, you have been exposed to the worst and the best. While you had your doubts, you came to realize that some of the warnings that were coming your way were valid.

In the meantime, you are keeping the lines of communication and familiarity open to the good and the bad folks. You know the difference, but there is always the chance you will learn something new, no matter the character of the source. There are many people who do the same thing.

At some point in your search, and life, you will have to decide if it has all been worth the price. Hopefully the good people will still be with you. Many will have judged you by the company you keep. Many a friendship has been ruined by someone trying to straddle the fence.

Take care,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

No one said anything about liking or disliking someone. You can like someone and if they leave you in the desert without a ride, it's no real problem. On the other hand, if they leave your ass hanging off the side of a cliff so as not to put their own ass in danger, it's something else altogether.

It really boils down to who you place your trust in. You make that judgement by what you have seen, not by what anyone tells you.....that includes me. If you think this is a "clique" thing, you have not really been paying attention to what brought it all about.

I am out of line here, so this will be my last post on this subject. You know I only wish you well.

Joe

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the same thing I said when you said you found the LDM, "Prove It!"

Why would you say you found anything, before you excavated it, and had proof? See. when you SAY that you have found something, it goes back to the old addage: "Incredible claims require credible proof!" Why brag about finding something that you have yet to realize a cent from? It harms you in a number of ways:

1. Without having excavated the mine, and found proof that it is the one you say it is, who will believe you? You have no track record of finding lost mines or caches for anybody to take your word for it. If Mike Pickett, Tiger Kenworthy, or someone of that ilk said they found a lost mine, I would more easily think they had something (because they have a proven track record).

2. You are alerting several Federal Agencies whom I guarantee monitor this and every other THing website and forum.

3. You are alerting less than honest people who are trolling this and every other THing website and forum, who will jump on your site and poach anything that might have been there (just ask Marc Austin the Administrator. It happened to him).

I've been at this a while, and it always seems that the guys who REALLY find the good stuff, are very tight lipped (at keast they are tight lipped until they have profited all they are going to from their find).

Best of luck,

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

I may have missed the post, but so far you are the only one (I know of) who has ever mentioned "crazy" in relationship to yourself.

Mike,

Glad to see you are still alive. Rumor had it that some woman had kicked you to death. :D

cj

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with CJ here. I never said you were crazy. Overly enthusiastic ABSOLUTELY! Maybe not crazy.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jumping the gun, and making claims without credible evidence to back them up? Absolutely! Not crazy.

M

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanting to believe that something you saw from an airplane was something it wasn't? Yep! Not crazy.

M

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like my ex-girlfriend! Went from one extreme to the other. There was no middle!

You can post a lot of things. All posts are appreciated. It's just that if you want to be taken seriously, you need to have some credible proof of what you claim. If you THINK you have found something, then by all means share what you will, just keep in mind that others are looking at this too ( good and bad others).

See, it's possible to show proof of finding something without revealing it's location to everybody else! Most any major Spanish Mine will have the name of the mine engraved in a capstone at it's entrance. There will be old Spanish mining implements, arrastras, smelters, ash pits, mine tailings piles (sometimes those were hidden), petroglyphs, monuments, markers, etc. You can Photoshop out ridgelines, and backgrounds to disguise the location (just don't try and Photoshop proof, because I WILL catch it).

There's lots you can do to keep your finds for yourself, and still share your proof. You just need some proof to be taken seriously when you make incredible claims like, "I FOUND THE LDM AND TAYOPA MINES!" Just saying it don't make it so.

Best,

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This discussion has covered many points - for instance, I have only met a dozen or so prospectors/treasure hunters that I did not like, and when they are pointing guns at you trying to drive you off your own claim it is easy to dislike someone like that. We all have different ideas and different theories we are chasing down, sometimes these fellows who deliberately mis-lead a fellow treasure hunter are doing so as a sort of prank, (like a snipe-hunt) not necessarily to be "mean".

Blindbowman, I did not notice anyone call you "crazy" - in fact the only times I have ever heard someone refer to a treasure hunter as "crazy" was when a NON-treasure-hunter is trying to insult, denigrate and ridicule someone who DOES go out in search for treasure - you know, that old attitude of "anyone who hunts for treasure is crazy (and greedy) because there is no such thing". (I think some of these fellows are actually jealous of us treasure hunters too!) I hope you will choose to continue the discussion - whether we can agree on ideas and theories is unlikely (try and find three people who search for the Lost Dutchman that can agree on where it is located!) but the discussion brings up many interesting points and leads to further research. In my opinion, it is "crazy" for anyone NOT to follow their dreams. Life is just too short for that.

Even when a site proves to be nothing, or a clue or lead proves to be a fraud or a pack of lies - remember as a wise king once said, "We learn from the false as well as from the true." (Solomon) Ruling out a site is making progress, every bit as much as finding a clue is true.

Good luck and good hunting, hope you all find the treasures that you seek.

Oroblanco

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Oroblanco,

"Even when a site proves to be nothing, or a clue or lead proves to be a fraud or a pack of lies - remember as a wise king once said, "We learn from the false as well as from the true." (Solomon) Ruling out a site is making progress, every bit as much as finding a clue is true."

That's a very true statement. Many treasure hunters, those who have been at it for awhile, can tell you hundreds of places where it isn't. :)

cj

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

You are probably heading for some serious trouble.

Your "site" is undoubtedly a protected archaeological site. What you have described is likely a Salado settlement.
The large stone over the doorway is typical construction and probably had a small number of oak sticks layered beneath it at one time. There are a number of these location scattered throughout the Superstitions.

There are people assigned to "watch" these sites. You would be well advised to stay away from those "buildings". Many petroglyphs will be found around the site.

The only question now, is which site have you stumbled upon. You have supplied more than enough information for an "informed" person to know.

Take care,

cj

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djui5 said:
Wyatt Westwood said:
Oh... Hi Randy and freinds.

Good to see you all having such a good time.

Hey were you just talking about me?

thanx!

WW

Did you move to Apache Junction or something?

Hey Randy,

Where did you get that msg? I don't see it anywhere. Is WW planning to play nice now?

Best,

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Mike,

One of his posts was done like BlindBowMan on drugs. At the end, there was this:

[" have i lost my way ? or am i just a being of lost ways ? "
© the blindbowman ,2007]

B,

Looks like no one is going to answer, so......Yes.

cj

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions