THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rusty,

Is that normal conditions for your area at this time of the year?

Not really. We get a lot of rain, but not THAT much. Usually the creek is 15 feet below that bridge. It is also normally 20 yards at the widest. Now, it's well over 200 yards wide in spots.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning bill, RR, ARC AND Sanman

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Rusty did you have dreams about a certain female dentist doing a number on your teeth....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

No, I had another unusual dream.

I was an artilleryman in WWII. After D-Day, and the Invasion of Normandy, my Platoons main objective was to cross the Rhine, after defeating Nazi's along the way. Battle after battle, we hammered the German resistance back, inching forward little by little. Finally, we were on the banks of the Rhine river, and our platoon leader was killed by a mortar. Somewhere, somehow, this blonde chick, with blue eyes, and a body that shouldn't be hanging around soldiers if you get my implied meaning, shows up wearing full combat gear, and the stripes of a Lieutenant. She proclaims that she is the new platoon leader, and it was time to prepare to bombard the nazis on the opposite bank. Half the men there were smitten, and would have walked through hell to impress her. Others, such as myself, lined up, and refused to move. She walked over to Pvt. Zussman, and asked why he wouldn't fight. He told her point blank, "No woman will be leading a platoon of men, who have been through hell to get here.". She doubled her fist, and punched him in the gut, sending him to the ground. She then came to me, asked me why I wasn't fighting. "Because I am not fighting with a pony in charge."

Wow, I didn't know I was that sexist. :icon_scratch:

She went to punch me, like she did to Zussman, but I was ready. I grabbed her fist in mid air, and just held it. She flipped out, and pulled a pistol from her belt, leveled it at my head, and fired. I, in my dream, saw my dead body on the banks of the Rhine, and wondered what that was all about.

Premonition of things to come? Or a spot of bad mustard, a crumb of under done potato or overcooked gruel? ??? :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, GB and Rusty.

I am at work, struggling. It is supposed to be my day off, but I have to bring the boss in. I told him I wasn't going to work though, because it is my day off. Soooo... yep, I'm gonna play catch up with tnet. :laughing9:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, GB and Rusty.

I am at work, struggling. It is supposed to be my day off, but I have to bring the boss in. I told him I wasn't going to work though, because it is my day off. Soooo... yep, I'm gonna play catch up with tnet. :laughing9:

Glad to have ya back! It's been an boatload of immature male antics since you were gone... need a woman around to keep the crew in check.

(Tom! Rook! Sanman! hide the contraband!!)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, times up. I have to go to the store before I take MR WD to the Dr. Have a Blessed Day!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD, GB

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was an artilleryman in WWII. After D-Day, and the Invasion of Normandy, my Platoons main objective was to cross the Rhine, after defeating Nazi's along the way.....

This is how the majority of my dreams go. I'm either in war, or in Law Enforcement. 80% of my nightlife consists of war though.

I have fought in every major Civil War campaign, as well as the European Theater of WWII, Vietnam and Afghanistan. I have died I think over 30 times, and have been wounded almost every night. In 40% of my dreams, a female is the secondary main character. In over 35% of those dreams, I have a love interest in that female character. The other 5% of those female secondary character dreams, they are either comrades, or enemies.

I have fought at Gettysburg at least 50 times, over the past five years. Each year, the dreams become more real, adding more violence and gore as I mature. (diary of a madman... scroll on...)

Law Enforcement dreams usually take place in either Portsmouth Ohio, or in Virginia. I always drive a Ford Escape or some reason, and it's always black, with the department name in silver, with blue lights. Most times it's drug arrests, though chases are common. 60% of the perps are female, with over 70% of the female felons actually being pretty...

Because Gettysburg seems to be a recurring theme, it's easy to recount one...

I am in the 7th Virginia regiment, July 3rd, 1861. The Confederate artillery has bombarded the Federal positions for over three hours now. The Colonel barks a command, and we all get up and form a line. Out of nowhere, my sweetheart from back home comes running from behind the lines, and finds me. We only have a moment together, before I march forward out of the woods, with over 15,000 other men for the charge. We start marching the one mile towards the wall. Artillery screams overhead, and we continue forward all stony faced. Men around me are being blown into the air, and falling. After 1/2 a mile, we get to the Emmitsburg road, and climb the fence. Canister rips through the ranks and creates huge gaps in the lines. We move forward, and hit another fence line, and that is when our flag bearer goes down. I pick up the flag, and get shot in the arm. I can't feel my arm anymore, but I do not look at the wound, and instead scream to rally around the flag, and push forward. Union musketry starts pouring lead into us, and I am shot again, this time in the upper chest. I still move forward, making it to the wall, and get shot a third time, in the calf. I keep the flag up, and give it to someone more able bodied than me. The regiment falls back, after being beaten, but I still try to fight with a revolver, before being ended right there by a yankee. Confederate to the end.

Now that y'all are scared of me, feel free to avoid the "madman" for as long as you wish. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread