They can't make EV's Illegal soon enough !

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My oldest brother is very well off financially. Middle of last year he bought a BMW iX M60 electric suv. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of 120k bucks. He also had a charging system installed in his garage. I went for a ride in it and it was really an incredible machine with the latest in cutting edge technology. It was pretty amazing how quiet and comfortable it was, but even more amazing was how fast it was. Like Corvette stomping fast. It has a decent range, but of course it has all the down sides to owning an EV such as having to plan any kind of trip of any distance to center around the limited network of chargers and then having to spend down time while it charges. Of course it's not their only vehicle, as his wife has a gas powered Mercedes E-class coupe.

While his EV is an interesting vehicle, it's not anything I'd ever want.

My other brother's wife has a Buick Enclave that has the completely ridiculous auto stop technology where the engine dies when you stop at a red light or whatever. There is no way I could live with anything so annoying. Not to mention the obvious wear and tear on the starter motor among other things. He finally had his fill of it and installed a defeat wiring connection for it and now it operates like a normal vehicle.

I used to own a 3rd gen Dodge pickup with the 5.7 hemi that had the MDS fuel system. It was slightly annoying but performed rather well although I never noticed any fuel savings because the motor was so thirsty anyway.

Now I own a Toyota Tundra with the 4.6L V8. It has no absurd 'fuel saving' nonsense. You start it and it runs all 8 cylinders until you turn it off. I love it.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one EV that has been proven effective in performing its intended purpose...

golf cart.jpg

If the (non-Lithium Ion) batteries fail during actual use, the golf course employees bring you another one to use!

I walked into a medical facility the other day and noticed they installed two EV charging stations and the last person to use it dropped the cable on the ground. Always a good idea to drop a cable connector into a pile of salty snow slush and expect the corroded connectors to function during the next usage.

It also dawned on me that once the genius's that steal catalytic converters from cars realize they can quickly cut off the copper cables from these charging stations, good luck with ever finding a working charging station!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I miss my Camaro 4 on the floor with the T-top. That was a fun ride. But I gotta say, I rather like my new CRV that does everything but wipe my behind, (except all that touch screen crap... I hate that nonsense... give me push buttons!). And out of EVERYTHING the newer rides have...that heated steering wheel is MAGIC!!!!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to me all these extras are nonsense ! it's like Phones that
take pictures, receive emails & Surf the Internet ( nonsense ! )
I only found out last month my '96 Intrepid has a rear window Defroster :o & I had the car 4 Years now ! sure it's become handy, but
only thing that really matters to me was it starts & Passes yearly inspection !

(btw I had a cell phone for over 20 years Now. Only thing I Used it for was to make Phone calls ! Downside I Don't know any-ones Phone Number by heart any More except my Sisters since she's had it for 50 years )

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread