This is why we are being shut out from FS and Blm, and state areas.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went out MDing today and this is what I found besides an old spoon.
This was not here last week when I went out.

This is close to (The LOST Trail system crosses from the Arizona Trail to the Town of Superior, crossing through the old Pinal town site. From the USFS "This Legends of Superior Trail connects the historic mining town of Superior with the Arizona Trail, 6 miles to the west.)

The pic is of my family as we are searching for the possible name and address of anything to find out who this stuff belongs to.
I did find 1 item and the people moved last year, but I can find out who cleaned the house out. And did this.

CAM00141.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
To fill you in roadrunner your example is not the only reason.All so called public land is going to be stripped away from the citizens of this country to use.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats epidemic on any piece of land that has been around for a while with free access.
Nobody wants to pay to throw away their trash. They wait until the middle of the night and just dump their crap
whereever they can get away with not paying and not being seen.
They know someone else will clean it up sooner or later.
Lazy no go varmits! These are the kind of people that should be sentenced to 200 hrs of picing up trash on the sides of the highway as punishment for their crimes, and then fined on top of it.
I can no longer find an open lot to hunt where I live that is not fenced and it is directly related to this kind of BS going on.

OP
OP
roadrunner

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, you are right about that. But this pic is for everyone, not just us.
The general population wont be able to even get off the road anymore.

OP
OP
roadrunner

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Picking up trash, and road kill.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That crap goes on every where. Even on private property I have caught low life's dumping their trash....20 minutes away from a landfill!!! Total disrespect and disregard for any one else..........low life. That kinda stuff gets me ill.....

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is common where i live.

So is dumping down mine shafts on peoples mining claims.

Another thing that is a growing problem is people dumping raw sewage from RVs on desert dirt roads.

If you drive down one of these dirt roads after you have a hard time getting rid if the smell from the sewage coating under your car.

And weeks or months later if it rains the c**p is still there

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let us not forget, that throught out all history... mankind has littered everywhere we have gone. Even on the moon.

Every time I go out, I find some trash left behind, so I fill my backpack up and hike it out of there to a dumpster.
Its our country! We fight for it! Even die for it, so why cant we keep clean? Its simple, not everyone claims ownership to this country of ours. Enviromental education is the key.

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Do any of you smoke cigs ?
Do you flick them out your car window ?
Seeing as manufacturers have not included ashtrays in their cars for years.
CIG butts ARE the most littered item on the planet, cause tons of fires, and contrary to what people think, the butts do not degrade very fast since they are a type of plastic.
Plus all the nasty chemicals in them and billions of butts world wide littered everyday well you get the idea.

Mike

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do any of you smoke cigs ?
Do you flick them out your car window ?
Seeing as manufacturers have not included ashtrays in their cars for years.
CIG butts ARE the most littered item on the planet, cause tons of fires, and contrary to what people think, the butts do not degrade very fast since they are a type of plastic.
Plus all the nasty chemicals in them and billions of butts world wide littered everyday well you get the idea.

Mike

I grew up in the country surrounded by fields and most field fires I saw were started by cigarette butts being thrown out and it was something that happened multiple times each year. I personally think they should slap someone with a littering fine for flipping them out of their car. The property owners are the ones who get stuck with the fire department bill too.

There were some dumb@sses who decided to dump a truck load of garbage on my parent's farm several years ago. I say they were dumb as they left mail, financial information, cell phones bills, and marijuana seeds & stems in the trash. The cops were called, and within an hour he had the guilty party out there cleaning it up. I remember that they had some lame excuse that went something like "the wind must have blown it out of my car"...

Most of the parks and my favorite fishing spots are constantly having trashed dumped on them. I personally think that the people littering should be shot.

bumperjack

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2013
Tomball Tx
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, I would like to give you a friendly challenge. With a lit cigarette and some grass and leaves, try to start a fire. A few firemen have told me that when they have a fire that they cannot find the cause of, they blame a tossed cigarette. I do believe you can start a fire by smoking in bed. I was awakened by a smoldering mattress once. I do agree with your post against littering of any kind!!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some .22 rifles and revolvers that I take out to public lands and set up some targets to shoot. I really enjoy it. I have several places that I go and everyone of them are littered with trash. I see everything from old refrigerators, couches, tvs, etc. Several of us try to pick up some of the trash and take it with us for proper disposal. If you don't have a pickup or such, there isn't much you can do about the large things; but the smaller stuff can easily be carried away with you for disposal. Someone used a dozer/backhoe (?) to level a place that very uneven. They dozed all the large trash items into one corner and then made a very nice level place for us to go out for target practice. About two months later, I went back to this place and you wouldn't believe the amount of trash that had been dumped there. It's a dirty, rotten shame!! As far as the flipping of cigarettes from the car window, I had an aunt living in Houston, TX a few years ago. She flipped a cigarette out the window and was stopped by a cop. He gave a ticket for littering and made it very clear to her that next time she would be spending her days picking up trash from the roadsides!!!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike, I would like to give you a friendly challenge. With a lit cigarette and some grass and leaves, try to start a fire. A few firemen have told me that when they have a fire that they cannot find the cause of, they blame a tossed cigarette. I do believe you can start a fire by smoking in bed. I was awakened by a smoldering mattress once. I do agree with your post against littering of any kind!!!

Well all I can say to that is, go out in august here and volunteer and pick up litter from the sides of highways or whatever road and watch what happens when folks flick cigs out the window into the brush, I have been picking up trash from along roads most of my life, and have seen fires start first hand because of cigs many many times.

As a side note, doing a public service such as picking up trash along roads has 3 known benefits to me.
First and most importantly, it makes our home a lot less ugly.
Second it IS really great exercise
And last but not least, you would be supprised to know how much cash,jewelery,phones,weapons and free unopened bottles and cans of beer and booze you will find...cause the little ones love to throw stuff out windows, the hand surfers in the breeze make rings fly off and the ones drinking do not want that cop thats about to pull them over find all that stuff they have been drinking...or smoking..

Mike

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I live on an old farm. Been here for about 45 years. I never use to see trash on the roads. Everyone took there trash to the dump. The dumps are paid for with tax money, but some poletiton decided to make money on the dumps, so it has gone from $0 up to $7 for a small pickup. That's when the road dumping started. Hay, I just go once a month now. Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in our county in Tennessee all home owners pay $90.00 fee per year to use the dumping facilities. Normally its just my wife and I here staying at our home. I have a full size Chevy truck which is not used a lot. So I bag and take out the non burning trash and put into truck. When the truck bed got full I'd drive the 12 miles to unload. But the last 3 times I've gone to unload I get the same song and dance from the attendant. You can't unload anything above the bed of the truck. He was wrong about that. I tell him I'm NOT making multiple trips when I can make one. He states only trucks loads with level bed loading can be unloaded. So being the ass that I am... I say watch and I'll show you how its done. WHAT OR WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY CARE???????? So when its unloaded attendant states "this is the last time sir"... Right. You pay to use the service and then "they" want to control how much you dump at a time.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I can understand if the fee is for a truck load, but you pay a yearly fee. Suppose it was a cube van, that load would not be over the sides. I would contact the dept that controls the dump and get the rules in writing. Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread