This weekends loot!

sidmind

Nov 10, 2008
On the river in Northern Oklahoma. All these were found this weekend.

This first one is very odd, it doesnt look like flint, it's very rough like an old rock. is that called "petina" ? and show it's old?
1122-23-08 (2).JPG

a Drill? you can't tell from my crappy camera but it's blue
1122-23-08.JPG

My wife found this one, she was very happy!
1122-23-08 (3).JPG

PIC_2044.JPG

This one is odd, I am not 100% certain it's a arrow head or just a flake.
flakeknife.JPG

Upvote 0

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
Nice, I like #3. That 1st point has plenty of patina, but it may just be rough material. The last one is a flake knife.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Wow! the last looks like a piece of debitage to me but, the top three finds are really nice! congrats!
Chuck

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds by you and your wife sidmind. That 3rd piece with the quarter in the photo is definitely a Calf Creek with both ears broken off. Killer find for sure.

Congrats on your finds and thanks for the pictures.

Ohio_Doug

Dec 5, 2007
Southeast Ohio
ohio said:
Wow! the last looks like a piece of debitage to me but, the top three finds are really nice! congrats!
Chuck

I highly have to disagree, both edges are clearly pressure flaked, that would be a knife without a doubt. Super nice finds, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sidmind

sidmind

Nov 10, 2008
11KBP said:
Considering your first find was about two weeks ago I would say you and your wife are doing exceptionally well ...very nice finds! :thumbsup:

Here is the link from a few weeks ago when I found my first point.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=200026.new;topicseen#new

Techinically that was not my first point, it's just the first point in 30 years that I still know the location of. When I was about 8, I went with a cub scout group searching plowed fields and found a perfect arrow head, but I haven't seen it in 20 years, I believe I tied it to a stick and tried to shoot it at a tree.(dumb kids)

This has turned out to be a great hobby. I wish I had gotten into this years ago, We have 6 kids together (5 still at home ages 9-14) so far the weather has permitted all of us going out on weekends as a family, we are slowly learning ourselves how to hunt and also teach the kids. unfortunately I have not been able to afford all of the better cold weather gear/waders for the kids, so they are stuck on the bank. I have been searching for low cost youth waders but 50-70 bucks for each kid is just too much right now before Christmas. Thrift shops come in great for finding youth ski outfits and cold weather gear. We plan to keep searching the rivers throughout the winter. I have purchased some great cabelas waders for myself and the wife along with some great quality cold weather clothing. I think I will purchase a low cost inflatable raft to get the kids from sand bank to sand bank.

This forum has also been a big help, I have been reading nonstop, and want to thank all of you.

Here are a few other items we have found over the last couple of weeks. I almost cried when I found a few of those broken blades.
My kids have been collecting petrified wood and fossils, I have tons more. along with about 5 pounds of flakes (two weekends worth)

I have been trying to figure out what kind of tooth the black tooth in the lower section of the photo is.
odssandends.JPG

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, that Calf Creek material is unusual, very nice.
Congrats to you & Mrs.Sidmind.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread