Thoughts on finding wedding rings

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was reading another post tonight about finding a child's ring and how sad it seemed:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/336077-saddest-find-i-ve-ever-made.html

I have found a number of lost wedding and engagement rings over the years and was, on a few occasions, able to find the original owner. But for the most part they were lost by parties unknown. I sold them and the cash was nice. However, it was always a bit sad. Imagine losing something that should be so precious to you. Most of us know how to go and recover something we have lost, but for many it is not an option. Sometimes our finds to carry a note of sadness in the joy of the find.

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
There are ones that dark side has come about years ago or now .... and really does not want any one to know what they did.... even if they have changed..... but i see you are like Jesus....... But i guess that is a good thin to think of your self like that.........

OP
OP
GrizLeeBear

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are ones that dark side has come about years ago or now .... and really does not want any one to know what they did.... even if they have changed..... but i see you are like Jesus....... But i guess that is a good thin to think of your self like that.........

Lighten up Dude!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think I have a "DARK SIDE" but maybe it just hasn't shown up in a while :dontknow:
Yes yours was in the past .. i can see it .. but don't ask me what it was.... it is a little cloudy for me so i can't help you.... I just can not see it clear enough......But in my vision i see that you are in florida.. am i right.......

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you find something like a nice ring you will know if it can or should be returned
If you don't then your not there:notworthy:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When you find something like a nice ring you will know if it can or should be returned
If you don't then your not there:notworthy:
.. ?????????????????????? what you said your not there ..i am not were ? ?????????????????.. It should never be returned.......

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you have the perfect right to feel and live that way. I just think it's a bit short sighted to make a blanket statement like that. I think it's sad to lump everyone who has lost something as irresponsible or careless without knowing the whole story as to how they lost the item. The good news is my "hunt with" list is getting a bit longer......the bad news is that my "do not hunt with" list is getting a bit longer too......

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you have the perfect right to feel and live that way. I just think it's a bit short sighted to make a blanket statement like that. I think it's sad to lump everyone who has lost something as irresponsible or careless without knowing the whole story as to how they lost the item. The good news is my "hunt with" list is getting a bit longer......the bad news is that my "do not hunt with" list is getting a bit longer too......

Boy someone just thinks there the perfect MDer. Like I said b4 don't act like ur better than someone else bc u wanna u wanna try ro return everything. Let me ask u this have u found a civil war relics?? If so what did u do with them ?

BillW212

Feb 6, 2013
Coatesville, PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homeless Man Returns Diamond Ring
Donations pour in for homeless man who returned diamond ring - CNN.com

A Homeless man who has nothing and begs for spare change saved and returned a diamond ring that was accidentally given to him - because he knows right from wrong. Meanwhile, others who have so much are so greedy.

Buddhists believe in Karma - the idea that whatever you send out comes back to you. If you do something good, something good will happen to you in turn. If you commit evil, you will get evil back in turn. The old saying is that "Karma is a b**ch" my friends.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Finder keepers....loosers weepers!!! I didn't invest my time & $ in trying to help save the world lmao.....they should've been more responsible about something so sacred as a wedding ring!!!!!
iCandy .... Nice to see you back at the metal detecting forum....... And i see you have my back on this subject........... You know what they say..... All great minds think the same.....

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
iCandy .... Nice to see you back at the metal detecting forum....... And i see you have my back on this subject........... You know what they say..... All great minds think the same.....

Right on Kep!!!! Miss you!! You doing good?? My dad is giving me his whites....I'm so excited!!! Looking forward to getting back to it!!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right on Kep!!!! Miss you!! You doing good?? My dad is giving me his whites....I'm so excited!!! Looking forward to getting back to it!!!
Well, well, well! A voice from the past. Hi! TTC

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iCandy said:
True & correct....just so happens my thoughts & opinions can be backed up with facts.... ,)

Try me!!!!

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what the Mods think

Top Member Reactions