Tiger Shark Question

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody used a Tiger Shark in CA? If so, how did it perform on the black sand laden salt beaches? Or if used in/on fresh water beaches like on the rivers or lakes, how did they do in terms of the highly mineralized sand? I like my CZ-21, but would like a detector that is more sensitive to small gold and is also a bit lighter. Now, if Tesoro will just start making them again soon - end of summer is a bummer, but better than nothing, especially if they will work for me in CA. Thanks.

I haven't used the Tiger Shark in CA, but being a very sensitive detector it does sometimes have difficulty where a lot of black sand is located mixed with saltwater. It does have a salt water mode switch. In the fresh water lakes and rivers it will be very good to small gold jewelry. For small nuggets you may need a dedicated gold detector.

The CZ21 has it's salt water mode always turned on and there is no way to turn it off. True the Tiger is a bit lighter, but why not just carry the controls from around your neck or hip mount them. Fisher sells a chest mount that works well and I use it for my CZ-20. The Tiger can also be used with the same Fisher chest mount.

Yes it is the same mounting. It can tip up because the box floats.

Thanks Sandman. I have chest mounted it, and the 10" coil is still heavy for me. I could try a swingy thingy, but I have in the past and not really liked them much. The 8" coil would relieve some of the weight on my wrist. I am not sure yet what I am going to do. Still trying to work out details. I am go to the river tomorrow and give the CZ a try with the swingy thingy and see how I do. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back