tiny spot gives up a little loot

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
i stumbled onto a tiny spot, one of those days where after a while im thinking why am i here, theres nothing here.....to, wild horses couldnt drag me away.

what i belive it is, is, theres a small ravine where there is some very old junk, an old dumping area. lots of old garbage. and where i found the loot is, on top of the ravine, a small flat area where some old farmer might have pulled off his old truck and unloaded the trash. at least thats what i envision. all the loot came from a small area right where someone would pull off the side of the road and back in a ways. now its all weeds and small trees, i was moving fallen branches around so i could swing. kinda tough searching.

i know its a sorry pic but i found 11 wheats and one war nickel, my second silver coin for the year. no other (modern) coins were found. i plan on going back, i know theres got to be at least one more silver coin there!

Attachments

• 2-10-08 finds.jpg
    2-10-08 finds.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,112
Upvote 0

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That many wheats and a silver war nickel!!--yeah you better go back. Out here in good ole rainy Oregon I find pennies all the time. Sometimes I think my Tesoro is not working right because all I find is pennies. I would not mind so much if I could find a few wheat pennies.

Oh I do not really mind--at least I am not getting skunked.

Looks like you may have a nice little site there.

Stryker

OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
i know theres got to be at least one more silver coin there!

well i went back today and to my suprise i did find a silver coin along with 10 more wheats! woohoo! :D one hole had the dime with about 4 wheats right in the same hole or immediate area. no modern coins at all. ;D there was some other assorted items which didnt make the pic, which isnt very pretty but you get the idea.

thats 21 wheats in that little area in two trips....not bad, for me! mostly late 30's and 40's dates.

Attachments

• Dsc01538.jpg
    Dsc01538.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 695

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What !

Are you kidding me, you have a prime site there. Aside from all the trash you'll have to get around. When people dump stuff that's when coinage falls out the most. Out of cars when people get out, out of drawers, cabinets, couches and other furnature and things they trow away. People throw out purses wallets, jewelry boxes etc. They did in the past and they do it today. I would hit that pull in area you found all over top to bottom left to right. You'll pull out more silver out yet.

Keep @ it and HH!!

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be some silver around there someplace.

OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
3rd try yeilds more loot. ;D 5 wheats (26 total wheaties) and one mem that snuck in there somehow. a regular nickel. another silver dime, woohoo! :o did the mental "YES!" when i saw that silver disc pop out of the ground. and a sterling ring! been a LONG time since i found a ring.

Attachments

• Dsc01540.jpg
    Dsc01540.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 359
  • Dsc01545.jpg
    Dsc01545.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 350
OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
yes, i always read all the posts. you called it right. theres a ton of junk there but ive been picking out some decent targets. i try to clear out a lot of the junk. thought for sure i had a quarter but i was a relic of some kind. ;D

i appreciate everyones comments, hope you all can enjoy these finds as well.

good luck folks! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread