old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve is in the hospital with kidney and liver failure. I ask you all to keep Steve in our prayers. You may send a get well card to;

St Alexius Medical Center
Attn: Steve Bauman, Rm. 4428
900 E Broadway
Bismarck ND. 58501

(PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CALL HIM!)

At this time he is unable to answer the phone

Upvote 0

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys!

This is Steve's son, Travis. I am with him and will make sure he knows of the nice comments.
As much as you guys love him and rely on him, you can't imagine how indispensable he is to
me and others. He is the best dad, a wealth of mechanical, wood - metalwork - artifact knowledge,
not to mention expert fisherman, guitar player, John Deere and Harley guru and more.
and my best resource for advice.

I love him like you all would not believe. He is irreplaceable.

Thanks for your continued prayers! The good news is he is improving! I can't say
for sure but it seemed like he was digging with a hand laminated maple and rosewood
flipping stick for pearls somewhere near the gates
with St. Peter. Now that he is talking a tiny bit, I hope to ask about it along with as many other
things that I have opportunity to ask about.

We love him and I can't stand the thought of loosing him. Thank you for your prayers.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts and prayers from the Valentine family as well. I've never met Steve but we talked on the phone quite a few times and we did several trades of Ohio for North Dakota Mandan pieces. Never encountered a nicer person than Steve. Get well buddy!!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless .. Very big of you to take the time to give us an update like that thank you very much.
Very happy to hear that dad has a good son like you close to him.. He is an inspiration of goodwill for many many people

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Travis, I'm really glad to hear that he is improving. I don't think that this forum would be the same without Steve.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Travis, I'm really glad to hear that he is improving. I don't think that this forum would be the same without Steve.

It would never be the same. Thank you Travis for the update and Old Digger.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been on here in a while. Sure sorry to hear you are ailing. Get well, Buddy!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew he had been missing in action but never dreamed he was sick. I am sad to hear of your illness and wish you a quick return. I have been missing your kind words you always give us. When you are good enough to respond I sure would like to see some of your great finds from the past days, rock

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, you're in my thoughts & prayers...wishing you a speedy recovery. I don't recall anything said about this on FB, but there was a pic of him & granddaughter on the JD, seems it was posted today. It was shared today, but photo from '13.

859692_131879596985388_1644851289_o.jpg

Last edited:

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I rarely log on to this forum, but I will now to say that I'm praying for Steve's recovery. Not many guys out there as generous and truly as nice as Steve, and I hope he pulls through this and gets back to finding artifacts for many more years to come.

Great of you to log on here Travis and update us on your dads condition, tell him I said I hope he feels better and to get well soon.

And thanks to "Old Digger" for letting us know, you're another one of those great guys.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
What a relief it was to hear he is improving! Thanks for the update, he has been missed.... and do please, keep us updated.

Hopefully he will be back at it soon since spring is right around the corner.

Joel

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
words cannot express my feelings and my anxiety ...it seems so many people i know are being stricken lately and i feel helpless. All the best to you and yours, and I hope you are back in the saddle soon!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travis,
Thanks for keeping us posted about your dad's situation. I hope and pray that he will continue to improve.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd noticed his absence. His generosity is legendary. His kindness too. Prayers continue.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Travis earlier this evening and Steve is still improving. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that his liver and kidney's refunction and heal up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions