To coil or not to coil? That is the question.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter, that was an awesome video. You have the knack for good informative video's. That video is the best I have ever seen on the 4" coil and shows the true power of the SSII and 4" combo.

BH will probably benefit with this video on their site as well. Burn 'em up, pal.:headbang:

Thanks man. I appreciate that. :occasion14:

Pretty hard to find any faults with it for the price. If it lasts a year and breaks by accident or overuse...I'd just buy another for the $30 they charge. I was pleased when it went to 5-6 inches on the coins. Obviously I will lose some in this Colorado dirt...but depth is not everything. Silver has been found here at 2 inches and the separation is quite decent as we can see from the nail test. Hitting the small BB at 3 inches in AM was icing on the cake. Not sure I will use AM mode much unless at a very clean spot (rare).....but just knowing it can is nifty enough.

If somebody has a 6.6khz BH machine...this is a "be crazy not to" type of buy for the price.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not the length of the sweep, but the sweep speed that will affect the test. Congrats on the nice video, Good Luck with the 4" coil. hope it helps finding treasure amongst the trash.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter. Just so you know you are supposed to sweep left and right on nail board test with a DD coil because of the shape of its field being like a vertical windshield wiper. A concentric coil can be swept in any die tin with same results. So for each sweep position rotate your body around paper to sweep coil left and right instead of staying stationary and sweeping vertical. Good luck with the hockey puck sized coil. They are good in nail beds!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the length of the sweep, but the sweep speed that will affect the test. Congrats on the nice video, Good Luck with the 4" coil. hope it helps finding treasure amongst the trash.

My first ring or silver will come someday. I am confident of that. Phantasman also noted for me to go slow and low with the small coil so that is how I will roll with it. I appreciate the tip. :occasion14:

Hunter. Just so you know you are supposed to sweep left and right on nail board test with a DD coil because of the shape of its field being like a vertical windshield wiper. A concentric coil can be swept in any die tin with same results. So for each sweep position rotate your body around paper to sweep coil left and right instead of staying stationary and sweeping vertical. Good luck with the hockey puck sized coil. They are good in nail beds!

Thanks for the tip as well Fletch. This is the concentric coil I have. I did do a walk around and just a stand still like you suggested and the results were similar. I think this coil is so small it sneaks in between those nails pretty nicely from any angle.

This sucker finds a dime laying directly under a nail and with 4 nails all around it. I'm pretty stoked. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread