Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I cut way back on cocktails...and developed insomnia!
At this moment I'm gluing a separated fingerboard on a guitar I might be trading for...replaced all the brushes in my Dewalt 18 volt cordless tools, tested ALL the batteries in the flashlights with my multimeter, looked for new frequencies for my scanner.....and did a lot of reading on the subject of Wolf recovery in Oregon. We have approximately 64 now.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Vikiing, I didn't cut back, but didn't go to bed until about 4:15 am. I got up just before 6 am. I took my meds, unloaded the dishwasher, fed the critters, and went back to bed. Finally got up about 10:15. I was sitting around last night listening to music and playing online poker. It just went on and on and on. When I stay up late, then sleep some during the day, it always makes me feel so 'draggy'. Almost like a hangover. ???? Ummm, well that could have been part of it too. lol I started with a jigger and a half of Canadian Hunter, about 4 ounces of cola, and about 4 ounces of water. Later I had a jigger of Revel Stokes pecan flavored whiskey with a little water; then about a jigger and a half of the pecan stuff and a little water. I didn't seem 'polluted', but feeling pretty good. Finally got sleepy and headed to bed. lol lol I don't do that very often and shouldn't do it ever!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, Vikiing, I didn't cut back, but didn't go to bed until about 4:15 am. I got up just before 6 am. I took my meds, unloaded the dishwasher, fed the critters, and went back to bed. Finally got up about 10:15. I was sitting around last night listening to music and playing online poker. It just went on and on and on. When I stay up late, then sleep some during the day, it always makes me feel so 'draggy'. Almost like a hangover. ? Ummm, well that could have been part of it too. lol I started with a jigger and a half of Canadian Hunter, about 4 ounces of cola, and about 4 ounces of water. Later I had a jigger of Revel Stokes pecan flavored whiskey with a little water; then about a jigger and a half of the pecan stuff and a little water. I didn't seem 'polluted', but feeling pretty good. Finally got sleepy and headed to bed. lol lol I don't do that very often and shouldn't do it ever!

Hell TexasRed,the colonials when they got up in the morning use to have what they called a fortifier,either rum or wine:laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not for me in the morning! Need for coffee is much greater. Actually, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was about 38 years old. A friend and I would go to Sambo's on Sunday mornings about 5 a.m. before going out with the MDs. I loved their pancake breakfasts. Their coffee was good and I started getting 'addicted' to it I guess. I drink anywhere from half a pot to a whole pot each morning. But, one thing, I've never been able to make coffee like the coffee I drank at Sambo's and, also Jack-n-Jill Donuts. Sambo's was bought out by another chain and the coffee wasn't that great anymore. Then Jack-n-Jill Donuts changed the brand of coffee and just ruined it. What I make is great; but still not as great as those two places served. I've never found coffee any other place like theirs used to be.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not for me in the morning! Need for coffee is much greater. Actually, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was about 38 years old. A friend and I would go to Sambo's on Sunday mornings about 5 a.m. before going out with the MDs. I loved their pancake breakfasts. Their coffee was good and I started getting 'addicted' to it I guess. I drink anywhere from half a pot to a whole pot each morning. But, one thing, I've never been able to make coffee like the coffee I drank at Sambo's and, also Jack-n-Jill Donuts. Sambo's was bought out by another chain and the coffee wasn't that great anymore. Then Jack-n-Jill Donuts changed the brand of coffee and just ruined it. What I make is great; but still not as great as those two places served. I've never found coffee any other place like theirs used to be.
I remember Sambos! it is now a Denny's, in the state next door...land of the granola!
Yes sir, coffee...2 or 3 large cups...or I don't function on all 8.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
A big extra mug of coffee was needed here this morning. We were out of beer last night, so my sweetheart had no regrets in partaking of her ever present half gallon of Crown Royal from the freezer. I was needing to make some room for new ferments in my homemade wine cellar, so mixed an offhand wine-cocktail with equal parts 2011 persimmon, 2012 elderberry, and 2011 blackberry. Roughly 17% alcohol in that blend, and it took determination for me to kill the whole bottle ( and get up before 8:30 this morning. lol).

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Maybe it's like beer tastes better in a tavern. The smell of a place contributes to taste. I was in Santa Fe yesterday and was walking by a tavern and the smell was clear out the door. I told my Lady, "Now that's a tavern." Not a bar or night club but a tavern.
A little farther and we passed by a coffee house. Pure espresso. Wow!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Vikiing, I didn't cut back, but didn't go to bed until about 4:15 am. I got up just before 6 am. I took my meds, unloaded the dishwasher, fed the critters, and went back to bed. Finally got up about 10:15. I was sitting around last night listening to music and playing online poker. It just went on and on and on. When I stay up late, then sleep some during the day, it always makes me feel so 'draggy'. Almost like a hangover. ???? Ummm, well that could have been part of it too. lol I started with a jigger and a half of Canadian Hunter, about 4 ounces of cola, and about 4 ounces of water. Later I had a jigger of Revel Stokes pecan flavored whiskey with a little water; then about a jigger and a half of the pecan stuff and a little water. I didn't seem 'polluted', but feeling pretty good. Finally got sleepy and headed to bed. lol lol I don't do that very often and shouldn't do it ever!

One thing I have discovered. If I can not get to sleep until 2, 3 I still get up at 7 or 8. Then...I will be able to retire at an earlier hour that night!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I very seldom sleep until 6 a.m., most time I'm up by 5:15. Night before last, I went to bed about 9:15, woke up at 3, went to rr, dozed off a couple of times for 4 or 5 minutes, and got up at 4 a.m.. Last night went to bed at 10:15, went to rr at 3, dozed couple of times and got up a 4:40. Only take about 6 hours sleep to keep me going. About 10 years ago, if I didn't get at least 7 avg. I was so draggy it was bad. Don't know, maybe not being as active has something to do with it.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bandit...we're still around And going strong, welcome back......Just received a little peach "shine" from a hunting buddy across the Lake who trades fish for beef from the great state of Tenn!....hope to sample tonight .....Later....Gary

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now.....remind me again what's in those?
Sorry, I'm so broke I can't pay attention!

Trust me,I feel your pain in the broke department.twisted tea is hard ice tea.I drink the half and half,half ice tea half lemonade.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trust me, I feel your pain in the broke department.

Well you and Viking aren't alone in the broke department. If we started a "broke thread" it would probably explode..!!!!! :tongue3:

Selling 4-5 of these toy boxes p/month really helps.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well you and Viking aren't alone in the broke department. If we started a "broke thread" it would probably explode..!!!!! :tongue3:

Selling 4-5 of these toy boxes p/month really helps.

Admitting that might be as bad an idea as showing your cache finds here ... IRS and all you know unless it's them 50 cent toy boxes

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Admitting that might be as bad an idea as showing your cache finds here ... IRS and all you know unless it's them 50 cent toy boxes

Yep $00.50 cent boxes... that's what I meant. And your right buddy. This extra $2.00 to $2.50 p/month is what I meant. But you are right.... :occasion14:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Hey Bandit...we're still around And going strong, welcome back......Just received a little peach "shine" from a hunting buddy across the Lake who trades fish for beef from the great state of Tenn!....hope to sample tonight .....Later....Gary
Just got some new stuff from a neighbor up the road. Made with apples & grapes, no corn. Run through a stovetop still made from a stainless pressure cooker, some copper tubing & a 5 gallon bucket. It only makes about 5 quarts at a time but it's damn good shine..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread