Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just sampled part of the population of Santa Clara County, CA, just south of San Francisco. The results showed people with the antibodies, those who had the virus and recovered and didn't know that they had it was almost 85 TIMES higher than the known infection rate. It's not as deadly as first thought, just very hard on people in poor health.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All day I deal with covidiots...then I go home and decompress with a quarintini.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coronavirus is just that... a coronavirus. It is different than influenza, so the flu vaccine would be effective against certain strains of influenza but useless against a coronavirus.

The death rate for some strains of influenza my be around 0.1%, varying depending upon the strain. The death rate of the coronavirus is much higher and has varied from country to country. In the US, it currently seems to be around 5% (36,000 deaths; 692,000 confirmed cases)... worldwide around 6.8% (151,000 deaths; 2,216,000 confirmed cases). So the coronavirus is around 50x more lethal...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

You are correct, I stand corrected, I went back and found I was using old stats.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, please remember this is not the politics forum, insulting members is not allowed here at all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vaccine Thread Moved into Here.
I Meant it When I said only 1 Thread on the Chinese Virus in General Discussion :coffee2:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So found out today that the guy who bought my house in Ft. Myers died last week of the Corona.
I met him a month ago, and he was paranoid of it then. I intended to shake his hand, he gave me an air elbow from 10 feet away. Our brief conversation was he loved the house, a few upgrades, and loved the neighborhood.
Word on the street he was loaded with health issues previously, and it came on so quick, didn’t even have time to see a Dr.
Fun fact: My old neighbor reports to me that he had some famous friends, and of people in the world, one of them happened to visit Joel, at my old house. Chuck Norris was in my old house. Crazy.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So found out today that the guy who bought my house in Ft. Myers died last week of the Corona.
I met him a month ago, and he was paranoid of it then. I intended to shake his hand, he gave me an air elbow from 10 feet away. Our brief conversation was he loved the house, a few upgrades, and loved the neighborhood.
Word on the street he was loaded with health issues previously, and it came on so quick, didn’t even have time to see a Dr.
Fun fact: My old neighbor reports to me that he had some famous friends, and of people in the world, one of them happened to visit Joel, at my old house. Chuck Norris was in my old house. Crazy.

Sorry to hear Dave.,, it truly is a small world after all.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just sampled part of the population of Santa Clara County, CA, just south of San Francisco. The results showed people with the antibodies, those who had the virus and recovered and didn't know that they had it was almost 85 TIMES higher than the known infection rate. It's not as deadly as first thought, just very hard on people in poor health.

I believe it has been rampantly circulating for months and months prior to surfacing into the limelight.

Heck everyone I know went through what was deemed a "hideous flu" mid January... including my other half and I mid February.

No telling if it is related to Covid or not... but people who rarely get sick were sick.

Every year flu and colds circulate here abundantly during winter due to our transient population...

The we have people from all over the world and of course any and all vacationing Northerners all year long.

You cant throw a stick without hitting someone form New Jersey or New York here in January.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I both had it back in mid December and over the holidays so it was around long before they ever reported it in China.
It was a different kind of flu but more flu like than not.
It was a long 3 weeks but it wasnt anything that we couldn't handle and we just stayed home and layed around exhausted.
I literally couldn't smoke weed for 3 weeks and I tried a few times. It made me cough so hard I would puke and that's no joke.
One time my wife were both puking into a bucket and I splashed her on the face. We were both laughing and puking at the same time it was rediculous.

For the average person in decent health I say dont worry too much. It's about the same as the flu.

Only the coughing made me puke, other than that it wasnt a sickly pukey illness. I was more feverish than her and I couldn't stop burning up and freezing minute by minute and couldn't get comfortable with a full body soreness.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t see the connection between AIDS/HIV and CORONA VIRUS other than they are both viruses and people actually have died from each...
Educate me. What’s it have to do with my parents Johnny? Car accidents for that matter..

I’m not saying your statistics are not correct...but please think about the correlation.

I’m also not saying the current reaction is the best one...but let’s be real here for a second...this is a respiratory virus that causes pneumonia in our elderly population that has spread the entire planet in a matter of weeks. Incredible precaution has been taken by nearly every developed country almost simultaneously. Who knows what it would have been like if we had not acted in some manner.,,would the country be like a cage of chickens..? People wearing masks look stupid?

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don’t see the connection between AIDS/HIV and CORONA VIRUS other than they are both viruses and people actually have died from each...
Educate me. What’s it have to do with my parents Johnny? Car accidents for that matter..

I’m not saying your statistics are not correct...but please think about the correlation.

I’m also not saying the current reaction is the best one...but let’s be real here for a second...this is a respiratory virus that causes pneumonia in our elderly population that has spread the entire planet in a matter of weeks. Incredible precaution has been taken by nearly every developed country almost simultaneously. Who knows what it would have been like if we had not acted in some manner.,,would the country be like a cage of chickens..? People wearing masks look stupid?
I don’t understand. It’s chickens and masks right now.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get this...

We will soon know... one of our residents may have had Covid in September of last year.

She is getting tested now... and her story has made news here.

She was sick in September of last year and tested for the flu and others and was negative... all symptoms were dead on for Covid.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread