Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a wallet with 150 dollars in it in a parking lot credit cards ford Id no phone number or address My Daughter found him on face book but he hadnt posted in years so I dropped it off at the police dept, Yesterday driving downtown yep another wallet in the street I pulled over and I found the drivers liscense cash credit cards Joseph was his name there were 3 businesses on this street I was going to look in those for him,I got out of my car and saw him walking towards his car I recognized him by his liscense picture lol 2 times in a week!!! Im thinking Im supposed to be returning class rings !! I was going to detect after work today it started raining the second I got out ,Im hoping sat morning even though its 37degrees some karma will come my way H H my tnet family. Tommy

Upvote 70

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
You have a keen eye. Lucky for those guys you are a good honest man. My Dad was like that. He found quite a bit of cash after he retired, mostly around store entrances. A lot of people don't look down I guess. (or watch were they are going Ha-Ha!)
As others have said, you have some big Karma coming your way. Best of Luck to you !

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great gestures, Tommy! I'm sure that PD had every doughnut and flavor of coffee on hand the next morning......J/K, well, kind of lol.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job on the returns. I hope you are rewarded in the future in some way. I've found a few wallets in my younger days. I was able to contact and return two of them directly to their owners. One I took to the police station. It was empty of cash when I found it. The cop I turned it over to said "...and I guess there wasn't any money it?". I said "no, it was empty". His reply was "yeah, right". Having always been an honest person and was at that time trying to do the right thing, his reply really left a sour feeling in me and a low opinion of our local police department.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good job on the returns. I hope you are rewarded in the future in some way. I've found a few wallets in my younger days. I was able to contact and return two of them directly to their owners. One I took to the police station. It was empty of cash when I found it. The cop I turned it over to said "...and I guess there wasn't any money it?". I said "no, it was empty". His reply was "yeah, right". Having always been an honest person and was at that time trying to do the right thing, his reply really left a sour feeling in me and a low opinion of our local police department.

Makes you wonder what he would have done if there were cash in it.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are just the guy I wished had found my wallet back in 1988 when I lost it. It had about 750 dollars cash in it. Never saw it again because a fellow NOT like you found it. Wish you had been the one.Good job on doing the right thing.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Makes you wonder what he would have done if there were cash in it.

based on some other things that have happened within that department over the years, most likely he would have stuck it in his pocket

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent seen it yet found some clad and a ring junk Avon

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Tommy. I hope you find my wallet if I'm going to loose it someday :laughing9:

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW... two times in one week? That's more than I.... well nevermind. You the man of the week Tommy and I'm sure it will come back to you. SD

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope so

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had quite a week and are to be commended for your actions, once found a wallet in the street outside of the county courthouse it contained $972 and only other contents were a pack of matches and an old store receipt my wife had just lost her job and it was 2 weeks before Christmas so I just stayed in area watching for anyone who seemed to be frantically looking for something 20 minutes later saw that person I just described and asked him what you looking for he told me and the dollar amount returned it to him 2 days later I won $400โ€™on a lottery ticket I hope your reward comes during your hunt today I finally am heading back to the 1877 farmhouse very shortly
Good luck on that farm house my friend Im going to play the Lotto and hope I win a Lotto money

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just ready to head out the door and it started raining just like your attempted hunt yesterday this is really bumming me out this is the first weekend I donโ€™t have to work in the last month unbelievable
I hear ya the second I got out it was pouring rain. If I had a great spot rain would mean nothing but not any hot spots lately.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread