Two firsts...............

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Two firsts.........
« on: Today at 08:41:04 PM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got to go down to Missouri Valley, I've been wanting to go down all summer. After seeing Terry's post about a street tear out I figured it would be a good time to go, after all summer is slipping away fast. Jim and I went down sunday morning and met up with Terry later that day. Terry was very hospitable and a pleasure to hunt with and we also got to meet Taz from Omaha and I'm looking forward to hunting with both of them again soon. O.K. now for the firsts, it was my first time hunting in Mo. Valley and I found my first Seated Liberty Quarter, an 1874 . Other than that I got a few wheats and some clad, but I had a great day and I'll never forget the little girl who ran off with one of my wheats :dontknow:. Jim made some good finds including an 1863 "fatty" IH and I'm sure he'll be posting some pics soon. I also included a pic of some finds I made on a few hunts from last week. I found the '89 and the '07 IH's during our club hunt saturday and I got the '06 IH the '44 Merc and the McCormick medallion (?) earlier in the week.Thanks for looking, keep the passion high and HH.
Deano

000_0067.jpg

000_0068.jpg

000_0058.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice Finds. The quarter is awesome! Congrats.....Hogge :headbang:

That was a great hunt!!

Congrats on your first very nice coin there, did you mean seated though.

What a pretty little lady, wtg Deano I told ya there was oldies. Oh ya I scored a 1867 Shield nickel and a few more clads. Also talk a bottles dump I found a few Med's and 2 flasks from the late 1890's. Later and HH

Very nice finds deano, WTG on that Seated Quarter,Sweet! Good thing the girl took your wheat
and not your Quarter.

Good luck,
HH.

Cool digs!

I found one of the McCormick medallion's (the exact same one) a few yrs back!

HH

wingmaster said:
Congrats on your first very nice coin there, did you mean seated though.
Oooops brain fart!!!!

Beautiful quarter, love those seated coins....congratulations, here's to many more for you in the future,
Steve

iam from st joseph missouri about 30 minutes south of me is a town called weston missouri cw tobacco and slave sales it is also the home of mccormick distillery it made whiskey and burbon now they make all kinds of booze now.

Very nice. Congrats.....

Way to go on the Seated quarter buddy! I think that's is the only coin I had found and that you had not. ......... until now. If only I could find one of all the ones you have...................

WTG on finding one of those. Love to find one. WTG on finding 2 first's. I'm sure you will never forget those 2 special coins :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back