Two More Bucket Listers Dug Today MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not kidding when I say the season could end today and I'd be a Happy Camper. :hello2: I got out for a 3 hour hunt. I drove through town and I did not get a good feeling from any of the sites I drove by, so somehow I ended up in the next town over at an older school & football field, playing on my gut feeling again. Allowing the universal law of attraction to take me to a site where a great find layed in waiting. This was my inaugural hunt going wireless on the F75LTDSE. The hunt started with the 5"DD coil as I swung near the basketball courts. I then meandered through areas I have previously gridded over to the visitors bleachers. I pulled a little clad and then thought I should continue my grid of the Football field. I never hunt sports fields when the teams are in preseason practice schedule or in season. The junior high school is the only team that uses this old field now since they built a new one across town a few years ago. I swapped out the sniper coil with the stock DD and began the grid. On my 2nd pass I got a screamer at about 4 inches down. Dug the plug and out popped the Morgan (1921), my 1st ever and in good shape. :headbang: After I did my Happy Dance and thanked the Lord, I continued my grid. In three hours I gridded about 15 yards from sideline to sideline. There was plenty of targets and clad to be had. On my 2nd last pass, guess what I dug? My 1st ever CLASS RING (10K from the class of 1992).:headbang: HAPPY DANCE again. What an awesome Chistmas Eve day hunt. Two Bucket Listers in one hunt. The ring has the owners name inscribed, so now I have an opportunity to see if I can return it. :icon_thumleft:

Today's Keepers

20161224_153403.jpg 20161224_153428.jpg

All Finds (less trash)

20161224_163223.jpg

As always I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

From the bottom of my heart, I say "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night" :notworthy:

Upvote 69

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. On the first day of Christmas the High school brought to me, one goooooolden riiiiiing!

Great find brother. I couldn't be happier for you. That's a massive chunk of silver, and gold.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U GO LOCO!!! Woohoo...BIG...no...HUGE silver! And it looks awesome! Great looking ring too...congrats on your 2 bucket listers bud...gotta root for the Ohio boys...Merry Xmas! Ddf

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds...always wanted both those finds myself. Good luck on the return, getting a ring back from 25 years ago would be a great Christmas surprise. Way to follow your gut, I might have to try that

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It couldn't have happened to a more die hard t-hunter than Loco. A big congrats and I got a feeling you are gonna make someone's day wits that ring. The Morgan was your reward for that future good deed.

Appalachianman76

Aug 22, 2016
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the two off the bucket list! Keep the finds coming.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Huge Congratualtions on the Morgan dollar and Class Ring recovery! :notworthy:

Merry Christmas Loco-Digger!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Christmas presents! Awesome!

But, I wouldn't expect much under the tree tomorrow. <[;-{|>

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, My friend. They are indeed great finds. I have never found a silver dollar, but have found a class ring, class of 1918 and never could get it back. Couldn't find any info on it. Congrats on your finds, Loco.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy Stocking Stuffers!!!
Congrats my brother....what a great Christmas gift for yourself!

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on both targets I've not either and am waiting for that class ring some day. Thanks for posting..

strick

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listening to your hunches and following "the universal law of attraction" Love It!

Very Cool Story & Great Finds Loco...............

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how hard you pushed to get to your goals for the season..........and those two wonderful finds just put your season over the top!! I'm very happy for you, Loco-Digger, especially since you thought your season might be over............difficult as it may be, sleep well tonight, brother!! With this warm weather, I'm sure that field is going to get the L-D treatment the next few days!!
And, a Merry Christmas to you and yours................

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds. Hopefully you can locate the owner. In 2000 I found a class of 1931 ring and was able to return it to the owner's daughter. What a thrill that was!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Merry Christmas indeed!! Congrats on the bucket listers!

-- Jeff --

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perfect hunt, lots of productive digging and 2 sweet bucket list finds in one hunt, well done

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a couple of presents any of us would like get. Congrats. Im thinking that Morgan must have been dropped more recently or have you found other coins from that time period there? No matter what, great find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread