Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
Maggie, Samantha and I just returned from a much needed after camp vacation. We met up with family in Historic Charles Town or known today as, Charleston S.C. This is the old country folks. Even though I packed the etracs and an xterra for Maggie, I only managed 1 short 2 hour hunt. I have misplaced some other finds which I will post at a later date.
Another Minelab Etrac find!

The "Georgius Triumpho" is the only Washington token bearing the date of 1783 that is actually known to have circulated during the Confederation period.

~Of the many Washington copper pieces that are dated in and around this time period, it is theorized that very few were actually minted during this time period. The Georgius Triumpho is one of them that is believed to have been.

Debate exists as to whether the Georgius Triumpho was actually minted in honor of George Washington, or rather if it was minted in honor of George III. Speculations abound, most scholars familiar with this coin believe that it was produced in honor of George Washington. The gate depicted on the reverse has 13 vertical bars. And indeed, these same folks believe that the 4 cirque foils at each corner of the gate represent France, which aided the original colonies to gain independence.
I suppose I could clean the back a little better later. There is a lady standing behind the 13 bars representing freedom.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,343
  • PICT0100.JPG
    PICT0100.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,263
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
krazyhorses11 said:
real nice is this similar? tell me what you think

Looks like the bust of William III, but threw me for a loop for a sec, that's because I think it's probably Irish and not British. If you can see part of the harp that's what it is.

Attachments

• 01131X4.JPG
    01131X4.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,060

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in agreement with Quindy--this is quite a find!

Finding this token in the Carolinas is even more crazy than finding a Nova Constellatio in Kentucky! :wink:

Bravo to you on such a great recovery. :thumbsup:

-Buckles

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back Mikey. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on your GTCT, and thanks for the info too. Hopefully we'll see this baby up on the banner train. You lucky dog! :tongue3:
-Doug-

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone.
When I had dug it, I thought, "cool, a large copper" not thinking it was a "Triumpho" The ground I was searching was a burned down structure full of trash in the swampy S.C woods. I might have to go back soon :D

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find Mike. I agree on Banner.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'There is a lady standing behind the 13 bars representing freedom'

Always knew you US folk were twisted :laughing9:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRUSADER said:
'There is a lady standing behind the 13 bars representing freedom'

Always knew you US folk were twisted :laughing9:
Ooooh, I sense a little bitterness on the loss pertaining the coin. ;D J/K

However, there are a good bunch that are twisted. You are correct

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I TOLD you you'd better take that "Ole Treasure Sniffer"! Especially after my trip down there and finding Gold. Congrats on a TERRIFIC Copper my friend!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
I TOLD you you'd better take that "Ole Treasure Sniffer"! Especially after my trip down there and finding Gold. Congrats on a TERRIFIC Copper my friend!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :icon_thumleft:
That's right! You did you old dog.
Check this out, I actually though about your post last week when I walked into that wet woodland. I said to myself," here I just busted Sentential's bulls about going in the S.C bush during the summertime , and here I am doing the same thing!"
I thought, "man, if I dig a gold coin too, that would be too much" I guess I didn't do so bad eh?

See ya buddy

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Obscurist said:
What a beaut! Looks like some crud on the back that might clean off to reveal some nice detail.
I thought so to Vance, but I might just leave it as is.
Give me a shout this week buddy.

Mike, Maggie, Samantha

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
{Sentinel} said:
Check this out, I actually though about you when I walked into that wet woodland. I said to myself," here I just busted Sentential's bulls about going in the S.C bush during summertime , and here I am doing the same thing!"
I thought, "man, if I dig a gold coin too, that would be too much" I guess I didn't do so bad eh?

See ya buddy

No, No you sure didn't. You did mighty fine buddy! That's funny that we were just talking about my find in S.C. and then yo go down and dig a very sweet relic also! :headbang:

Now, I'd say that was definitely worth the risk of entering the wet swampy woods of S. Carolina...wouldn't you?! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: ;D :wink:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find Mike :headbang:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
4-H said:
{Sentinel} said:
Check this out, I actually though about your post when I walked into the woods. I said to myself," here I just busted Sentential's bulls about going in the S.C bush during summertime , and here I am doing the same thing"

See ya buddy

No, No you sure didn't. You did mighty fine buddy! That's funny that we were just talking about my find in S.C. and then yo go down and dig a very sweet relic also! :headbang:

Now, I'd say that was definitely worth the risk of entering the wet swampy woods of S. Carolina...wouldn't you?! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: ;D :wink:
So, you want to hit the swamp this weekend? :laughing7:

fladiverdown

Aug 23, 2010
:icon_thumright: Way to go. Went to College of Charleston. Charleston is Old Old Old. Found a bullet molder, coins and some pottery shards in a 200 year old home I was doing some work on. I want to go back someday and get serious. Keep up the good work. :hello2:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fladiverdown said:
:icon_thumright: Way to go. Went to College of Charleston. Charleston is Old Old Old. Found a bullet molder, coins and some pottery shards in a 200 year old home I was doing some work on. I want to go back someday and get serious. Keep up the good work. :hello2:
Thanks man!
The college is amazing! You must have had a great time!

I know you saw some ghost's down there!
:happy3: :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread