Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
Maggie, Samantha and I just returned from a much needed after camp vacation. We met up with family in Historic Charles Town or known today as, Charleston S.C. This is the old country folks. Even though I packed the etracs and an xterra for Maggie, I only managed 1 short 2 hour hunt. I have misplaced some other finds which I will post at a later date.
Another Minelab Etrac find!

The "Georgius Triumpho" is the only Washington token bearing the date of 1783 that is actually known to have circulated during the Confederation period.

~Of the many Washington copper pieces that are dated in and around this time period, it is theorized that very few were actually minted during this time period. The Georgius Triumpho is one of them that is believed to have been.

Debate exists as to whether the Georgius Triumpho was actually minted in honor of George Washington, or rather if it was minted in honor of George III. Speculations abound, most scholars familiar with this coin believe that it was produced in honor of George Washington. The gate depicted on the reverse has 13 vertical bars. And indeed, these same folks believe that the 4 cirque foils at each corner of the gate represent France, which aided the original colonies to gain independence.
I suppose I could clean the back a little better later. There is a lady standing behind the 13 bars representing freedom.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,343
  • PICT0100.JPG
    PICT0100.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,263
Upvote 0

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Certainly a Banner Find Mike!
I don't know the reasoning behind what gets up and what doesn't ???
There's not many of those out there, only two ever posted here I believe,
and the condition of mine leaves much to be desired.
I'm putting in another vote.
my prayers are with you today. wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions