Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello:
Maggie, Samantha and I just returned from a much needed after camp vacation. We met up with family in Historic Charles Town or known today as, Charleston S.C. This is the old country folks. Even though I packed the etracs and an xterra for Maggie, I only managed 1 short 2 hour hunt. I have misplaced some other finds which I will post at a later date.
Another Minelab Etrac find!

The "Georgius Triumpho" is the only Washington token bearing the date of 1783 that is actually known to have circulated during the Confederation period.

~Of the many Washington copper pieces that are dated in and around this time period, it is theorized that very few were actually minted during this time period. The Georgius Triumpho is one of them that is believed to have been.

Debate exists as to whether the Georgius Triumpho was actually minted in honor of George Washington, or rather if it was minted in honor of George III. Speculations abound, most scholars familiar with this coin believe that it was produced in honor of George Washington. The gate depicted on the reverse has 13 vertical bars. And indeed, these same folks believe that the 4 cirque foils at each corner of the gate represent France, which aided the original colonies to gain independence.
I suppose I could clean the back a little better later. There is a lady standing behind the 13 bars representing freedom.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,343
  • PICT0100.JPG
    PICT0100.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • PICT0099.JPG
    PICT0099.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,263
Upvote 0

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin there Mike, haven't seen one before... good to see your still at it...WTG :icon_thumright:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mike, you always prove that you are a class gentleman and metal detectorist. Simply amazing, bud. What made it even better was you came home and saw a beautiful baby girl reaching out for daddy. :) I bet it doesn't get any better than that. :)

Kirk

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Mike, you always prove that you are a class gentleman and metal detectorist. Simply amazing, bud. What made it even better was you came home and saw a beautiful baby girl reaching out for daddy. :) I bet it doesn't get any better than that. :)

Kirk
Thanks Kirk,
Nice words buddy. Yeah, my daughter is pretty special. And she cleans up better than any old dirty coin. LOL!

Gerber bean patina...LOL

And thanks Westerntreasure. The history behind it is very cool

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
Iron Patch said:
krazyhorses11 said:
real nice is this similar? tell me what you think

Looks like the bust of William III, but threw me for a loop for a sec, that's because I think it's probably Irish and not British. If you can see part of the harp that's what it is.
the back on mine is missing good id

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Nice to see a copper that has not graced the site of tnet before. That is a special find and you should be proud.
Chris

Yea, no kidding,that is quite a feat in itself!!! :thumbsup:

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice token. I hope someone hasn't eaten those missed placed finds. Get out the detector and check it out. :thumbsup:
roger

U

umrgolf

Hey Mike :hello: I thought I had posted a reply to this thread :dontknow: ??? hmm, I must be gettin old ::) :laughing7: Anyway, congrats from me and a banner vote :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the vote Jeff.
It doesn't seem it will make banner :dontknow:
I have read, more George Washington Buttons are dug than the Triumpho's :dontknow:

I'll be heading to KX. TN. Friday to meet up with the guys there. Should be good.
Take care buddy

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome. I voted Banner and waiting for it to show up. Great find.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't understand either Randy.
I was just talking with Jeff about this.

We will see.

At least it's safe and under glass now :)
Just think of how many kids will be able to say they have seen one. :icon_thumleft:

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my more favorite digs deserving of a second peek!

I'm glad you gave us a second peek! It is well deserving of a second peek!! I missed this awesome piece of history the 1st time around!!! Congrats on an awesome dig & save!!!!

IM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it looks like Britainnia behind an 18th C Courtroom Dock with the 13 bars (thirteen united colonies) supported by the 4 corners, fleur de lis (of France) & the latin 'By the voice of the people'. It was Britains 'judgement day' by the people.

Last edited:

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score Mike ! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread