Uvalde Hunt

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Made the Uvalde Hunt, and had a great time. Met some nice folks, and did a lot of hunting. Found a few good relics, and picked up so nice fossils in Uvalde. Made a couple of days at Five Oak in Campwood Tx. This was a very interesting place. Has a lot of History. Indian fights, and the lives of the settlers there. The cabin still has the black spots around to gun port in the wall where the Indians shot flaming arrows at the folks during a fight there.

Attachments

• Coffin Handle found by Boyce Morris at Five Oaks..jpg
    Coffin Handle found by Boyce Morris at Five Oaks..jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 641
  • Uvalde Hunt.jpg
    Uvalde Hunt.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 644
  • Uvalde hunt fossels.jpg
    Uvalde hunt fossels.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 628
  • Uvalde Hunt 14 Five Oaks.jpg
    Uvalde Hunt 14 Five Oaks.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 631
  • Coffin Handle found by Boyce Morris at Five Oaks..jpg
    Coffin Handle found by Boyce Morris at Five Oaks..jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 661
  • Uvalde Hunt.jpg
    Uvalde Hunt.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 633
  • Uvalde hunt fossels.jpg
    Uvalde hunt fossels.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 639

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Looks like you made some terrific finds,Old River.It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and the misses.Hope you can join us again. :thumbsup:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great assortment of finds Old River (and pics)! :) That place certainly sounds like it's worth another trip. I saw one rock that could have been a fossil, but it was pretty worn so I left it. You have talent!

Awesome handle!!

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope to be able to join everyone again in another hunt. It was a pleasure to meet everyone, and fellowship. Looking forward to possibly making the hunt in Sept. Thanks Beep.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Boyce, nice mementos you got there. I see ya got an old Spencer and a couple of Henry casings.

Sorry I wasn't able to be there.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you told me about the fossilized seashells, I picked up quite a few too. Speaking with Fossis he says they're called "Devil's Toenails". :o

The coffin handle is really unique, glad you left it with the caretaker.

Sure hope you and Mary get to make the CTH4.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks River Rat for the info on the fossils. I really didn't know what they were called, but I thought they were interesting.
I felt that the Coffin handle should stay where it was found. I was proud to leave there where it belonged.
I sure hope I'm able to make the CTH4 hunt. I really had a good time on the Uvalde hunt.

Rick we missed you there, sure was hoping you could make it. Don't worry we had a good time for you. LOL.
Mental Granny I'm proud you enjoyed the pictures. Wish you could have made it also.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's really strong on my mind. We will be there unless something happens to stop us....

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Texastee it was our please to meet you, and your husband. The entire group was made up of a great bunch of people. Wish you could have stayed longer. We had a great time. Maybe we'll cross paths again sometime. God Bless....

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
it was really great to meet you two :)

Always good to shake hands with the people we talk to online

you have some great history in your area to swing on.

Glad to discover Texas has much better things than the Dallas Cowboys rofl lol :D

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love egg sandwiches. Maybe we'll meet at the next hunt....

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
As you guys know,my friend Ed in Uvalde was very instumental in getting the permission to hunt 5 Oaks and the 2200 acre place.You may have met him when he breifly visited at each site.He is now in the hospital with two fractured disc and something with his spleem and sternum and before they can do anything to help him they have to clear up the pneumonia he has.He fell and that's what started it.Anyway he is a couple of yrs older than me and in a lot of pain.
Please add him in your prayers.He so enjoyed everyone that came to the hunt.Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread