Vintage Pre-1940s Standing Dog Statue with base

Feb 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vintagestandingdogstatue.png

Friends, I need help finding a dog statue that was lost during a move (yes, that is the moving picture & possibly the last time I saw the statue).

I don't know much about the statue & the above picture only has the rear-end view of the statue, just below the doorknob. For size reference, I cropped the picture to include the yellow stool. I figure the dog stands maybe about a foot high, is white & brown, with a brown & green base. My dad said he remembered it belonging to his grandfather who passed away in 1949, so he would have owned it through the 40s, which is why I saw the statue is pre-1940s.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I've been scouring eBay with no such luck yet, but hoped that someone here might recognize the, ahem, rear-end of this statue & be able to at least give me a little information about it.

Thank you in advance!

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Iron? Ceramic? Plaster? Wood? Paper mâché?

It is a skinny thing, wolfhound maybe, perhaps Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound, dog of the Russian elite)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like chalkware. I hope we can find one like it.

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Feb 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a slender dog. I have no idea of the material. That wolfhound looks very similar, an earlier version perhaps? I'm wonder now if ours was indeed chalkware?

The hunt continues! Thanks all!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread