urdaboss

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i have 2 good sand scoops what is a water scoop? can i use a sand scoop? i have never tried in the water yet. thank you jack (urdaboss)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
urdaboss said:
i have 2 good sand scoops what is a water scoop? can i use a sand scoop? i have never tried in the water yet. thank you jack (urdaboss)

that depends on what you buy, if your going in the water more then knee deep you need long handle water scoop

When hunting in water you want as big a scoop as you handle, anything less then 6 inches is useless in my opinion...l personally would not want anything smaller then 8 inches. hunting in the water is a whole new ballgame...

OP
OP
urdaboss

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
:thumbsup:
thankyou, makes sence

OP
OP
urdaboss

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
:hello:
i really want to thank you all for the help!! i was going to buy something different when keppy said stick to your guns! he was right!
treasure_hunter had given me some GREAT advise in the past. and i hope in the future!! thanks again. jack

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It looks as if you are primarily a beach hunter. Before you blow a lot of money, consider this. The whites Beach PI or the BeachcomerPI will go down deeper than you want to dig on the beach I have found diamond rings at 10" with a loude signal. They work in black sand where others fail. They will work from dry to wet with no false signal. I have the older Beachcomer PI. It works in the surf also. It is waterproof. I have used it in the desert for prospecting. It has picked up a single #6 shot at 9"in desert dust and rock. As for a scoop, get a long handled S.S. scoop. No hardware clouth! Get it with a punched basket ,holes a tad smaller than a dime. Your back will thank you at the end of the day. I'm 70 and mine does! Oh did I mention ,it is fairly light!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions