Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know if this is allowed but Im reposting PKAURM's unidentified tag posted here last weekend by Skydog. The thread got crazy and seems to have been moved or removed. SodaBottleBob worked hard on the identification process and deserves some recognition. He found that the backside portrays the Zodiac.

Aurum means Gold in Latin. Bob also found the item on eBay. The seller was asking $25,000 because looking into it under 3000x magnification can predict the past and the future.

Im simply looking for an ID out of curiousity. I cant answer questions because its not mine. Please no riddles or games!! Do not try to sell information here either as I will just pull the thread. Thanks.

Attachments

• aurum.jpg
    aurum.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,291

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
I'm curious about the hole. It's not even centered and was obviously added crudely what with the "blowing out" of the metal. Being off-centered like that it wouldn't hang straight for sure.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
skydog said:
I'm curious about the hole. It's not even centered and was obviously added crudely what with the "blowing out" of the metal. Being off-centered like that it wouldn't hang straight for sure.
Good eye. Its slightly offcentered to the right. It looks to me that it may have been on a keychain ring.

The other one that Bob found also had a hole but I didnt save any pictures to see if its also offcenter and Im sure as heck not going to pay or try and solve any riddles to see it. :D

Upvote 0

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
I thought about it being on a ring or necklace of sorts but thought if it spent any time like that, the hole would show some keyholeing (is that a word?).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Here is the eBay ad in case we lose it. Notice the seller has a great feedback rating. Has the seller lost his/her mind? Perhaps just wild imagination? An attempt to make a quick buck? Or does this item have true antique value?

Attachments

• aurum ebay ad.jpg
    aurum ebay ad.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,738
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The hole is kinda close to the edge like it would be needed for a keyring or chain..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
skydog said:
I thought about it being on a ring or necklace of sorts but thought if it spent any time like that, the hole would show some keyholeing (is that a word?).
I cant tell :dontknow:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The seller hints that it may be made of electrum, an ancient naturally occuring alloy of gold and silver with trace amounts of copper and other metals.

"Look at pics, if you know its origin, you will know its value. It is not an Ancient Greek Electrum Coin, although from what I can gather, it may be made of that Alloy from that era".(quote)

It looks like anodized aluminum to me. :dontknow: I see some corrosion upper left.

Upvote 0

dempsey

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
mojjax said:
I think Bob posted that pic. Does it say anything else about it? I notice it doesnt have a hole.
bigcypresshunter said:
I dont know if this is allowed but Im reposting PKAURM's unidentified tag posted here last weekend by Skydog. The thread got crazy and seems to have been moved or removed. SodaBottleBob worked hard on the identification process and deserves some recognition. He found that the backside portrays the Zodiac.

Aurum means Gold in Latin. Bob also found the item on eBay. The seller was asking $25,000 because looking into it under 3000x magnification can predict the past and the future.

Im simply looking for an ID out of curiousity. I cant answer questions because its not mine. Please no riddles or games!! Do not try to sell information here either as I will just pull the thread. Thanks.
Hi, I have the same thing, but its in mint condition, still in plastic sealed wrapper (OKER on wrapper) and in black plastic wallet with circles and the word aurum in gold print. Please anyone know what it is and where its from, I found this in my mums belongings after her passing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
We dont really know what it is. Posting pics of yours may help open dialogue.

The original poster made bold claims that his item could tell the future and was asking $25,000 for it on eBay. We get all kinds of people here from time to time. We try to stick to the facts. Some of us disagreed with the bold claims, unfortunately arguments ensued and his thread was removed. I started a new thread because we still dont know what it is.

Lets see your pics we will try to help. Welcome.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The seller was asking $25,000 because looking into it under 3000x magnification can predict the past and the future.

So can I:

The oracle has a message for the buyer . . .

"You have amassed a not inconsequential amount of cash but will do poorly with future investments"

Remember - Extraordinary claims require exraordinary evidence. (Carl Sagan I believe - at least he spoke it. )

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Remember - Extraordinary claims require exraordinary evidence. (Carl Sagan I believe - at least he spoke it. )
All this time I thought it was SWR. :D

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Him too. :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

Here is an even better quote and one of my favorites:

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
-- Albert Einstein

There is plenty enough magic in nature without looking for some imaginary thing called the supernatural.

"Aurum" is the Latin word for Gold . . . and if you're a Mormon a gold plate with unintelligible "redeemed Egyptian" writing might have significance . . . just sayin. :dontknow:

Or, your original thinghy might possibly have something to do with a Tarot card. Hard to find images of the backside.

tarot-cards.jpg

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opening bids of $25001.00. Dang, it's still available. Hurry up and get those bids in. Monty

Upvote 0

dempsey

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
We dont really know what it is. Posting pics of yours may help open dialogue.

The original poster made bold claims that his item could tell the future and was asking $25,000 for it on eBay. We get all kinds of people here from time to time. We try to stick to the facts. Some of us disagreed with the bold claims, unfortunately arguments ensued and his thread was removed. I started a new thread because we still dont know what it is.

Lets see your pics we will try to help. Welcome.
Thanks. I don't think it is worth a lot, but just can't find any more info or pics other than here.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• DSCF0001-1.JPG
    DSCF0001-1.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 878
  • DSCF0002-1.JPG
    DSCF0002-1.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 1,025
  • DSCF0003-1.JPG
    DSCF0003-1.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 889
  • DSCF0004-1.JPG
    DSCF0004-1.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 1,752
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck, if the one on ebaY is at $25,000 I'd put yours at $40,000 easy (£ 25,260!). Congrats!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread