Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know if this is allowed but Im reposting PKAURM's unidentified tag posted here last weekend by Skydog. The thread got crazy and seems to have been moved or removed. SodaBottleBob worked hard on the identification process and deserves some recognition. He found that the backside portrays the Zodiac.

Aurum means Gold in Latin. Bob also found the item on eBay. The seller was asking $25,000 because looking into it under 3000x magnification can predict the past and the future.

Im simply looking for an ID out of curiousity. I cant answer questions because its not mine. Please no riddles or games!! Do not try to sell information here either as I will just pull the thread. Thanks.

Attachments

• aurum.jpg
    aurum.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,291

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Well Dempsey's flying the UK flag, so he's not in any state, and going off his pic's it looks like some kind of Franklin Mint-ish zodiac/Astrological/Lucky charm type of "collectible" thingummy jiggy!

Upvote 0

olympiadealer

Jul 28, 2012
Olympia, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have this exact gold card wrapped in plastic, and also has the black wallet that reads,
in gold.
Please if anyone has any info on how old this item is, What is is called and what it is aprox. worth please let me know.
Thanx,
MW...... Oh and I'm from Washington.

aurum coin.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mara

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I have one still in its original double plastic and in balck paper sleeve and the hole is not centered by 2 centameters to the right. Would like to know the answer to why as well. It has never been taken out of there sleeve and never been used so the hole is still perfect but off center.

I am also curious about the value of this madalion. I three other circular thin coin like ones as well still in plastic sleeves.

Upvote 0

Joethemad

Greenie
Jun 13, 2012
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Traker 2-D/7078
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe there were sold in mass but it maybe some one that is I'n to the occult or tarot could tell you. I'll poke around on the Internet and try to find out what I can. I'd say it would not be advised to by or sale something unless you know it's true value and purpose.

All I can find so far is that some occultist or. Profiteers sell Aurrum rings ect. And attach magical property's to them and stones set in them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joethemad

Greenie
Jun 13, 2012
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Traker 2-D/7078
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Freemason I've never seen any thing like it but I'm only a journeymen so who knows. I have not gone to lodge for along time but maybe if it is an old mason may know about it.
Do you that have this know if the people you got them froum were freemasons or eastern star. Maybe if you know a little about the people that had them we may be able to solve the mystery Easier Some one should send the pic . To an appeaser or to pawn stars some one is bound to know some one that knows what it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Freemason I've never seen any thing like it but I'm only a journeymen so who knows. I have not gone to lodge for along time but maybe if it is an old mason may know about it.
Do you that have this know if the people you got them froum were freemasons or eastern star. Maybe if you know a little about the people that had them we may be able to solve the mystery Easier Some one should send the pic . To an appeaser or to pawn stars some one is bound to know some one that knows what it is.[/QU

As a Master Mason I can tell you that I have not seen anything like that personally, nor have I ever heard of anything like it.............................HH

Upvote 0

parkhurst39

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aurum zodiac square

I also have this exact gold card wrapped in plastic, and also has the black wallet that reads,
in gold.
Please if anyone has any info on how old this item is, What is is called and what it is aprox. worth please let me know.
Thanx,
MW...... Oh and I'm from Washington.

View attachment 658238

I just came into one myself. was wondering if anyone figured out what it is and its worth. found a few ebay sites on it..with prices that i could not believe. I just wanna know what it is and where to go to talk to someone. I to live in Washington
thank you,

Upvote 0

AriesRooster

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
backastrologyplate.jpg astrologyplate.jpg Hello there , i lived in st augustine florida and found the exact same gold plate in a thrift shop on Anastasia island. Ive had it for a few months ,taken it to pawn shops,had a man who studied mason artifacts and illuminati based subjects. Not to my surprise he had no idea what it was. I also have the black sleeve for it . Id like to add when it was bought , next to it was a identical silver plate with a weird kabbalah style tree of life symbol on it. No sleeve though

If anyone has found an answer, please message me. My husbands a 6 year astrology major and he even is somewhat unsure of its origins or worth..

Thank you very much - Rooster

Upvote 0

blaklabel404

Oct 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one. had it for about a year. Awesome condition. No idea what it is.also hire do I add a photo?

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My husbands a 6 year astrology major . . .

Please tell me you meant astronomy. Unless he is studying at Hogwart's School or Witchcraft.

Upvote 0

eunice

Nov 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know what it is or how old it is but my husband picked one up off the street this morning when we were out shopping. It is wrapped in plastic and in a black plastic envelope, looking at the other pictures on this page it appears to be the same.

Upvote 0

jtw1313

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is I sure do not want one seems to make people a little crazy in the head im guessing that guy that posted on eBay has a original one though lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions