Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont know if this is allowed but Im reposting PKAURM's unidentified tag posted here last weekend by Skydog. The thread got crazy and seems to have been moved or removed. SodaBottleBob worked hard on the identification process and deserves some recognition. He found that the backside portrays the Zodiac.

Aurum means Gold in Latin. Bob also found the item on eBay. The seller was asking $25,000 because looking into it under 3000x magnification can predict the past and the future.

Im simply looking for an ID out of curiousity. I cant answer questions because its not mine. Please no riddles or games!! Do not try to sell information here either as I will just pull the thread. Thanks.

Attachments

• aurum.jpg
    aurum.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,291

gldnbrew

Feb 16, 2013
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that one actually looks gold, and only 38#'s.

A couple of things 38 Pounds is a far cry from $25,000. U.S. and if it was gold, the hammer price would of been a lot more than 38 pounds, you can bet the auctioneer checked for gold first. With the detail being as fine as it is, I don't believe it is as old as we are lead to believe, to me it appears to be a stamping. Also the off center hole looks to be an after thought. Just my 2c

Upvote 0

π∆¢®

Feb 27, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found one of these in a black plastic envelope. Tossed it in with my tools a couple years back. The envelope was dirty and item is now bent.
weird.JPG

Attachments

• Weird.jpg
    Weird.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mason Zodiac Gold Pendent $129.55 CAD

Mason Symbol Emblem.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/201085863/reduced-zodiac-aurum-gold-pendent-or?ref=market

Zodiac Aurum Gold Pendent or tablet,possibly masonic,jewelry,gold charm, hieroglyphic, Egyptian style,gold seal,token,symbol
Overview
Vintage item from the 1970s
Materials: Zodiac, Aurum, Gold Pendent, possibly masonic, jewelry, gold charm, hyroglyphic writing, egyptian style, gold seal, token, symbol, masonic, tablet

Upvote 0

π∆¢®

Feb 27, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see where mine bent that it looks like its copper.

Upvote 0

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an ebay seller that is selling two of them for $2.99 here is the link
Here are some of the photos.

$_12-1.JPG
$_12.JPG
$_12-2.JPG

The seller says they are not gold (the seller tested them).

The black plastic covering looks pretty low quality. Could be some dollar store thing. Having the hole at the top would be for putting a string around and maybe have it hanging on a rear view mirror? Just a guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The first ebay seller probably paid 15 grand for his, and he's trying to turn a buck. It's called capitalism, buy cheap and sell high. :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Invaderkayel

Jul 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im from Philippines and i have this same pendant.. Just curious what it is and made up of.. Its magnetic..

Upvote 0
Jul 23, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I have the same thing. I ask two astrology people, one of them say, that he has no idea. the backside from this thing are hieroglyphics. This is my found about this.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions