What is the best bet for finding silver in coinroll hunting?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Reverend B*IKE* said:
cbrtriple8 said:
I'd search the following, in order-
Quarters
SBA Dollars
Presidential Dollars
More Quarters
More SBA Dollars
More Presidential Dollars!!!!!
Nickels produces good amount of silver also, and it's fun date searching them!!!!

DEFINITELY stay away from Halves and Dimes!!!! Waste of time, all of the Ag Halves and Dimes were already been melt down back in the 60s. If you ever come across with 1971 Kennedy halves, make sure you keep them all as some of those 71' halves were mint on Ag planchet!!! Welcome !!
I would like to know what you can find in SBA and PRES dollars???
Please Do tell!!
PS I have yet to ever see a silver 71 Half?

SBA and PRES dollars will not give you much. Occasionally, a quarter may be mistakenly put in the roll, but 99.99% are clad (You usually can get a silver quarter per two quarter boxes). However, there are errors that are valuable on pres dollars, such as no edge lettering (sac dollars have no edge lettering naturally). 1971 halves are very rare mint errors and there are only maybe 25-50 of them.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Reverend B*IKE* said:
cbrtriple8 said:
I'd search the following, in order-
Quarters
SBA Dollars
Presidential Dollars
More Quarters
More SBA Dollars
More Presidential Dollars!!!!!
Nickels produces good amount of silver also, and it's fun date searching them!!!!

DEFINITELY stay away from Halves and Dimes!!!! Waste of time, all of the Ag Halves and Dimes were already been melt down back in the 60s. If you ever come across with 1971 Kennedy halves, make sure you keep them all as some of those 71' halves were mint on Ag planchet!!! Welcome !!
I would like to know what you can find in SBA and PRES dollars???
Please Do tell!!
PS I have yet to ever see a silver 71 Half?

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:not again and why did you dig out an old boring thread?
I don't think you'll find anything in gold dollars any more since the bank are not allow to order them thru brinks nor garda. You are shit out of luck.
Also, you won't find any Ag quarter, dimes, halves , nor nickels. Either go with copper , or find a new hobby, because this hobby is DEAD!!!
:headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread