What is the stupidest comment you have heard from some one while detecting!!!!

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
From my detecting pard in crime Dawn, here is the story she told me.

She was at South Padre Island hunting in the surf with her Excal on a bright Sunday afternoon this summer when she see's a kiddo and his pop are following her. The father after following her for about 50 yards (which she hates) finally taps her on the shoulder and asked " What are you doing with that??"

Without hesitation she took her headphones off and politely said "Well, I am with the Texas parks and Wildlife dept. We capture and tag Sharks with a little radio transmitter. This device attracts them into shallow water so we can get a count."

Now the kid did not get it, but pop did!! She said he scooped that kid so fast the water did not drip!!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
21stTNCav said:
From my detecting pard in crime Dawn, here is the story she told me.

She was at South Padre Island hunting in the surf with her Excal on a bright Sunday afternoon this summer when she see's a kiddo and his pop are following her. The father after following her for about 50 yards (which she hates) finally taps her on the shoulder and asked " What are you doing with that??"

Without hesitation she took her headphones off and politely said "Well, I am with the Texas parks and Wildlife dept. We capture and tag Sharks with a little radio transmitter. This device attracts them into shallow water so we can get a count."

Now the kid did not get it, but pop did!! She said he scooped that kid so fast the water did not drip!!

GREAT RESPONCE!!! I Love It!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Chug

j.dean

Dec 6, 2006
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's V3I, Garrett's AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at a well dressed gentleman and his wife and kids. The man says" I demand to know what you are doing" I said" Baking a cake, want a slice!

THIS^^^^ is priceless! I absolutely have to use this next time im asked!!! :hello2:

I was detecting a field across from an old farmhouse and I had been told it was a civil war camp and that the old farmhouse had been used as a field medic hospital. I had found some lead and I had just dug my first (and only) pocket watch! I guess I was having my own little party because a woman walking from the NEW subdivision up the street saw me and asked what I had found, to which I replied "a pocket watch"....She then, without missing a beat, says "I wonder if it's the one my husband lost" I said "not unless your husband is 150 years old" I then showed her the old rusted watch, and she, pink from embarassment, just turns and goes on with her power walking.

Attachments

• watchupdated.jpg
    watchupdated.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 689

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
in order to promote your hobby you should look at it like there is no dumb questions only dumb answers dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions