What was the greatest compliment that you have ever received?

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
My wife is an only child, so we spend a lot of time with my in-laws. One day while me and my father in-law were working on my 62 impala, he told me he had always dreamed of having a son. Then he told me that I had made that dream come true. On the other hand, at one of my wife's wedding showers. They were all discussing what kind of guy I was. My mother in-law said I was a very nice guy, but I did have small feet. ::)

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=jeff of pa
"You don't take anything serious Do You ?"

My High School History Teacher,
When I came to Graduation, Late 8)

Heheheheh Jeff, how you have changed now that you are a monitor snicker

Seriously, thanks for reading my post on my friend, a sot of memorial.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=gypsyheart Great Story Jose.
My best compliments are when someone tells me what great children I have.
When you put your heart and soul into your family and it comes back 100 fold ,it just feels fantastic :)

HI love I agree, iti is nice, especially when you have earned it as you have.

Don J
ose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[quote author=deedeelou link=Ditto Gypsyheart.
My most treasured compliment when I was younger: when I was 19 my Dad mailed me an application for a poetry contest. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I could not afford the entrance fee. (My sis and I had an apartment and were living hand to mouth.) When he passed away, I found a recording he had made back in the day of me and friends playing/singing one of my songs. He had kept it for 25 years, and I had forgotten that it even existed.

Now, I love it when someone tells me they see me in my daughters, because they are beautiful. (Recently, my 25 year old told me she was adjusting the mirror in her car and had a flash that it was my eyes looking back at her.)

Wonderful deedee gal smooch About this poetry, POST!

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=treasurejack link= My greatest compliment came from my ex-wife, who I divorced while I was wildly and thoughtlessly sewing my oats. Several years later she paid me a visit just to let me know that she always knew I would return to being a good man and a great father. On that day I finally felt the weight of the world drop from my shoulders and life was once more very good again. I can't tell you the number of sleepless nights I endured after I realized what I had done and how I had done it. Perhaps sharing a bit too much here, but I'm rather proud of the turnaround.
And you should be, also for an "X" to say such a thing is remarkable, maybe you had better get her bk again?

Don Jose de La MAncha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[TreasureTales All great compliments, to be sure. I had one friend who walked 30 miles to see me, does that count?

are yo kididng? of course it does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1) "You make me think" -
Hmm this COULD be taken a no. of ways snicker, but in the context intended, I think that it is very nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMO. 2) When they respond emotionally to my poems.
I think that you and DEE DEE should post some poems here, or open a new subject line .

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Ashleen Joe, You took Guillermo's trek as a compliment. I take it as a testimonial to your character :)
sigh Ashleen I thank you deeply for those kind words.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My best compliment, I think was when my old man said...."No....your butt doesn't look fat in those pants :( ( i KNEW he was lying, 'cuz his lips were moving )

HI love heheheheheheh I could never get away with that with my tiger, sides from what I have seen yer quite cute and sexy sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=rtde3 link=WOW, good story & thread R.T.!
thankyou Rt, he was a great guy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

. He then said "But Rob if good people like you stopped having kids, then only screwed up people would have kids !" *******************

Have you done your part to vindicae him? He sounds like a very nice person with a wonderful insight on you..

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=diggitdoggie
I guess one that springs to mind most readily was Dec 2003 when I was utterly broke, facing eviction and had no food, no money and no where to turn for even moral support and I had to tell my kids that it looked pretty bleak.
A week before Xmas a former neighbor Chrissy showed up at my door with literally a truck load of clothes and things we needed to get through and in explanation said you made me laugh and was there when I needed someone, you never knew what a difference it made.
Now that WAS a compliment diggal love. but I have seen that you haven't changed, still a wonderful person with wonderful friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Easily one of the greatest compliments I have ever been paid. he asked me to have a drink with him and said you're still the coolest lady I know. DD

Very nice gal, smooch, I agree

Don Jose de La Mancha.

[/quote]

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=lucky1777 My wife is an only child, so we spend a lot of time with my in-laws. One day while me and my father in-law were working on my 62 impala, he told me he had always dreamed of having a son. Then he told me that I had made that dream come true.

WOW Lucky, now that is real a compliment. Not many live up to their wife's families expectations. congratulations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mother in-law said I was a very nice guy, but I did have small feet. ::)
Heheh well you must realize that there aren't many of us perfect ones still around hehehhe.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=The Seeker
Being told , that your a miracle walking as I was told today by my Doctors is something that I will always charish! But the funny thing about it is ......... I was told to start realizing, that I am not the young person that I once was. Now I have always believed, that you have to live young to be young!! So I guess some restrictions I will have to listen to my doctors....... but all I can say is live and let live! ;) John

Living it up doesn't necessarily mean acting like a drunk DJUI or Gellum, not even like a detectorist. As for the living miracle, gogogogo my friend - go find some gold bars to leave me if you stop being a miracle. hehehehe

Don Jose de la Mancha

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drinking? What's that? ;)

BTW, I was first told that many many years ago Jose ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A teacher once told me:
"I wish everyone where the way you are." ;D

A gal once told me that I'm a gentleman! 8)

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Umm there are a few moments, but on this forum by one person who has made some comments about me....

a man i have yet to meet but wish him a fast recovery for he is a true genltmen
such a good kind person does not need this misery
wishing you well Peter
" god bless "

This is about the 2nd or 3rd post he has said nice things about me ;D

Others have also been very kind to me..... That is what makes this site so special......

Love you all
God bless
Peter

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago I was at a bank. The teller and I were talking and somehow the subject of military service came up. I told her that I had been in the Army and was a Viet Nam veteran. She smiled real big and said, " Thank you for your service!" I was stunned because no one in all the previous years had ever said that to me. It brought tears to my eyes. It was something that I needed to hear and it was like a healing to me. To this day if I see a service man or woman out somewhere, I tell them "Thank you for your service." They deserve it for being willing to sacrifice part of their lives to help protect our country.

Huntin' 59er

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Great responses!!!!

I don't consider this a compliment, but something I always remembered and still do daily!!!

Back in 1985, my car broke down on the interstate and I had my dau, just a few months old. An older couple stopped and gave us a ride to the nearest gas station and waited to make sure I made contact with my family member.

I went to give her some money for gas and their kindness. She places my hand in hers and pats the top of my hand with her other hand and says, "Child, the best way to ever repay us is to show a kindness to another."

I have never ever forgotton that and when someone is short with change in the grocery line, or someone needs a hand with something, anything that I can do to show a kindness, I do. Some will respond with "How much do I owe you?" or "How can I ever repay you?"...and to those who don't say anything but "Thank You"....I tell them all..."The best way to ever repay me, is to show a bit of kindness to another."

It holds so true and if everyone did that...we would have folks daily saying that to one another :)...

HH all,
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions