What was the greatest compliment that you have ever received?

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fossis: You are soo right. Learning to appreciate life, all life, is a supreme gift. I had a family that taught me this also. I still have wonderful memories of past trips with them. This was very influential in my turning to exploring / treasure hunting and eventually being elected into the Explorers Club. What you did opens up character development. I congratulate you both upon your personal developments and experiences. I think that you will appreciate the below net address.

www.explorers.org

Don Jose de La Mancha

T

TreasureTales

packerbacker said:
My mother-in-law was dying of cancer, at home, and was lying in bed which had been moved to the living room. There happened to be a caregiver present when I was there visiting. The living room seemed very dark to me and I knew how much my mother-in-law liked it outdoors. I asked her if she wanted to sit in the sun on the porch. She looked at me with a puzzled look but I could tell she did. I opened the double-wide doors and drug the recliner out onto the porch and returned to the living room. As I approached her bed she started to smile and I gently pushed my arms under, what was now, her thin, light body, picked her up and carried her out to the porch and set her in the recliner. As I was walking back into the house, the caregiver walked out on the porch and told my mother-in-law that she had a very nice "Son-in-law". My mother-in-law responded with, "That's not my son-in-law, that's my son."

Very caring thing to do pb. It's the "little" things that amount to mountains of love and concern. Good going!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
Fossis: You are soo right. Learning to appreciate life, all life, is a supreme gift. I had a family that taught me this also. I still have wonderful memories of past trips with them. This was very influential in my turning to exploring / treasure hunting and eventually being elected into the Explorers Club. What you did opens up character development. I congratulate you both upon your personal developments and experiences. I think that you will appreciate the below net address.

www.explorers.org

Don Jose de La Mancha

Thank You,

Fossis.................

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Hola Jose my friend,
good to hear you beat the big C, and are doing fine.

Been very busy haven't MD'd, or on Tnet for a long time.

I guess the greatest compliment I have ever received is from
my youngest girl when after we talk on the phone which is at least two to three times per week, sometimes more, but she never fails to tell me "Love you dad" when we end our conversation.

She is married and the mother of my three grandchildren so,

I think that is the greatest compliment of my lifetime, because it hasn't ever ended. :D
Take care my friend, may your treasures overflow.

StickShift

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
That is exactly how I feel about my daughter's husband, who calls me his mother-in-love. I could not love him more than I do.

packerbacker said:
My mother-in-law was dying of cancer, at home, and was lying in bed which had been moved to the living room. There happened to be a caregiver present when I was there visiting. The living room seemed very dark to me and I knew how much my mother-in-law liked it outdoors. I asked her if she wanted to sit in the sun on the porch. She looked at me with a puzzled look but I could tell she did. I opened the double-wide doors and drug the recliner out onto the porch and returned to the living room. As I approached her bed she started to smile and I gently pushed my arms under, what was now, her thin, light body, picked her up and carried her out to the porch and set her in the recliner. As I was walking back into the house, the caregiver walked out on the porch and told my mother-in-law that she had a very nice "Son-in-law". My mother-in-law responded with, "That's not my son-in-law, that's my son."

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=StickShift link
~~~~~~~~~~~

'HI thanks, it was fairly easy to do. However, I will always suspect that what my mother told me had something to do with it --Don't worry son, only the good go young"???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I she never fails to tell me "Love you dad" when we end our conversation.
~~~~~~~~
Agreed, a bit rare these days, since most, like myself at times, sorta take it for granted that the others know of our feelings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don Jose de La Mancha

Grand kiddies?? yer only 39?

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Real de Tayopa said:
=StickShift link
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'HI thanks, it was fairly easy to do. However, I will always suspect that what my mother told me had something to do with it --Don't worry son, only the good go young"???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mothers have a lot of wisdom, we benefit greatly if we have faith in them, you learned well Grasshopper. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Only the good go young"??? Sure thanks that encourages me of a long life yet, Hehe, ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Jose de La Mancha

Grand kiddies?? yer only 39?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Jose, Sure married too young, 39 for several years now, (I wish), and holding tight with the Dew Claws, tehe. ;D

StickShift

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread