What would you do if the banks shut down for a week?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The 700 B was supposed to fix "stuff," though we were never entitled to what that 'stuff' was. Take care of your own.

I love it when they say the bank accounts are 'guaranteed' by the feds up to bunches of $$. Increased from $100k to $250k.

Anybody ever asked to see where that 'guarantee' was coming from?

Gads, folks, this is serious. The feds cannot guarantee your personal bank accounts, no matter what they say. Get a clue. This gov't is bankrupt. They just haven't told you yet. China and India own the United States government.

Noodle

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
If they just shut down is one thing. If they also shut down the ATM machines and debit cards it will all collapse in three days. No business will sell you something for less than cash if they can't get an authorization from your bank or credit card company. Most people do not have more than a couple days food supply at home. Many have just enough cash for gas and lunch. siegfried schlagrule

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It's Al-Queda trying to destroy the world.

When my wife woke me on 9/11 to tell me about the first plane, the first words out of my mouth before I even got up were
Osama Bin Laden.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
What would I drink as I watched the sky fall? ???
SHERMANVILLE
whiskey and gunpowder 8)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
When all your assets (house, car, land, etc.) are basically in somebody else's name (the bank's), you really have nothing. The bank has it.

If you're living paycheck-to-paycheck and cannot afford to save anything (Gawd, I hope that check doesn't clear today), you have nothing.

Start downsizing immediately (good luck) and reconfigure your finances immediately. HUGE resources on the Inet on how to do that.

Save every bit of change and dollars you can. Not in the bank, but in some secret place at home. Hang on to your old jewelry and valuables.

And above all, quit telling us and others you are bartering. Uncle Sam loves to find barterers. All those untaxed goods you've managed to find and participate in will now be taxed at 15-18%, if not more. Uncle Sam likes nothing more than to find untapped resources. If they are legal today, they won't be tomorrow. Uncle Sam is a vacuum and willing to upgrade at every turn of a new discovery.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
If the banks shut down for a week. I wouldnt have to shopping, would live on bread and water, lose weight..........hey this is a good diet plan ;D :thumbsup:

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
i dont even use a bank other than to cash my paycheck......but if it does happen the liquor store will still cash it

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
I have a checking account at my small town bank. I also have my home mortgage there, and my monthly payment automatically taken from my checking account. By having my account there, I can cash my checks and deposit only enough to cover my payment. I normally deposit a little extra so I can use my debit card when needed. I have noticed a lot more of the customers who I do jobs for have been paying me with cash. I will work with cash as much as I can nowdays. I have always said bankers and politicians are the most crooked people there are. I have had first hand knowledge with bankers dealing with a forecloser.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Just make sure you have some gold and silver on hand. The dollar is going to be devalued. I don't use or trust banks at all and I deal only in silver and gold, real money.

The use of credit cards is costing everyone who uses them and even those who do not use them. The cost of the credit cards is spread to everyone by the merchants to cover the costs.

The Bible says gold and silver is the money and that I believe. The founding fathers also made it law to have only silver and gold as money. It also says that honest weights and measures are a must. And the charging of interest is forbidden. (usury). Taking a tree and putting ink on it saying it makes it money is a ponzi scheme of the first magnitude.

I would also recommend getting several months of food for each member of your family. Non perishable items like dried beans, rice, dried beef and don't forget the water.

The four G's is the best advice I can give. GOD, gold, guns and grub.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
steve from ohio said:
Just make sure you have some gold and silver on hand. The dollar is going to be devalued. I don't use or trust banks at all and I deal only in silver and gold, real money.

The use of credit cards is costing everyone who uses them and even those who do not use them. The cost of the credit cards is spread to everyone by the merchants to cover the costs.

The Bible says gold and silver is the money and that I believe. The founding fathers also made it law to have only silver and gold as money. It also says that honest weights and measures are a must. And the charging of interest is forbidden. (usury). Taking a tree and putting ink on it saying it makes it money is a ponzi scheme of the first magnitude.

I would also recommend getting several months of food for each member of your family. Non perishable items like dried beans, rice, dried beef and don't forget the water.

The four G's is the best advice I can give. GOD, gold, guns and grub.
Grub first , gun next to protect grub and mebbie get some gold , and GOD to accept your sinning soul if you fail to accept your own initial responsibility.

Purrdee

Dec 9, 2008
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Noodle said:
In the past, folks survived without bank accounts AND credit cards.

If you don't already have, plan to have: $$ on hand; canned goods; water sources; weapons and ammo; a plan on how to survive 6 months or more on your own.

Your gov't doesn't care about your survival. Understand that. They only, as individuals, care for their own survival.

Noodle

Add some seeds to that in case you may need to grow a few things....

Purrdee

Dec 9, 2008
Davis Co. Utah
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
godisnum1 said:
~Trish~ said:
What does Barter mean? I've never heard that.

It means to trade someone an item(s) or to do something for someone, in exchange for something in return.
Typically, it's a spoken agreement in the sense that's being referred to here.

Bran <><

Something Uncle Sam would love to figure out how to tax!!!

Dee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread