When is a quarter not a quarter?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
As I tried to fall asleep last night, I was fretting about two things: One, why is Pitt favored over Navy on Wednesday? Now don't misunderstand, I am a Pitt fan, but Navy will give them fits. I'm a huge Air Force fan, and Navy has made the Falcons miserable for five years. The Academy teams play hard every down and I think Pitt will be crushed. So again, why is Pitt favored?
The second item that kept me awake was angst over where I should hunt at the silver farm this morning. I needed a little change of scenery and finally decided to go back in the woods, where a cottage once stood and stinging nettles now rule. I spent some time there, clearing brush and again finding nothing. It started to drizzle, so I left the woods and went next door to a cottage that was pretty productive this summer. Lots of wheats, a Barber quarter, an old Walker, rings, Roseys and at least one Merc, for example. I decided to hunt perpendicular to the direction I went last summer and started to gather a few things. First were two clad Roseys, then an assortment of old wheats (09, 1?, 27 and 31) and a sinker. Close to one of the wheats, I got a nice quarter signal and visions started to dance in my head. I've already found a Barber and Washington here, maybe this will be the SLQ! As you may have guessed by the title, it wasn't an SLQ, but a WLH! This very worn 17 Walker was masquerading as a quarter, and this is one time I wasn't disappointed! This is Walker #6 at the silver farm, and my second 17. Now, each of my kids has one of that date/mint. To complete the hunt, I added this aluminum religious medallion; some of you might be able to identify it for me.
If Navy beats Pitt, remember you heard it here first; if not, I'll modify my post and deny that I predicted otherwise ;D.
Navy wins, Pitt's braintrust chokes.

Attachments

• walksaint (2).jpg
    walksaint (2).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 852
Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's a good place you have there. It has produced some really good finds. Keep it coming!

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
piggman1 said:
That's a good place you have there. It has produced some really good finds. Keep it coming!
I'm lucky to have it! I wanted to post an aerial view of the place, but the area isn't focused very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread