When is a quarter not a quarter?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
As I tried to fall asleep last night, I was fretting about two things: One, why is Pitt favored over Navy on Wednesday? Now don't misunderstand, I am a Pitt fan, but Navy will give them fits. I'm a huge Air Force fan, and Navy has made the Falcons miserable for five years. The Academy teams play hard every down and I think Pitt will be crushed. So again, why is Pitt favored?
The second item that kept me awake was angst over where I should hunt at the silver farm this morning. I needed a little change of scenery and finally decided to go back in the woods, where a cottage once stood and stinging nettles now rule. I spent some time there, clearing brush and again finding nothing. It started to drizzle, so I left the woods and went next door to a cottage that was pretty productive this summer. Lots of wheats, a Barber quarter, an old Walker, rings, Roseys and at least one Merc, for example. I decided to hunt perpendicular to the direction I went last summer and started to gather a few things. First were two clad Roseys, then an assortment of old wheats (09, 1?, 27 and 31) and a sinker. Close to one of the wheats, I got a nice quarter signal and visions started to dance in my head. I've already found a Barber and Washington here, maybe this will be the SLQ! As you may have guessed by the title, it wasn't an SLQ, but a WLH! This very worn 17 Walker was masquerading as a quarter, and this is one time I wasn't disappointed! This is Walker #6 at the silver farm, and my second 17. Now, each of my kids has one of that date/mint. To complete the hunt, I added this aluminum religious medallion; some of you might be able to identify it for me.
If Navy beats Pitt, remember you heard it here first; if not, I'll modify my post and deny that I predicted otherwise ;D.
Navy wins, Pitt's braintrust chokes.

Attachments

• walksaint (2).jpg
    walksaint (2).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 853
Upvote 0
That's a good place you have there. It has produced some really good finds. Keep it coming!

piggman1 said:
That's a good place you have there. It has produced some really good finds. Keep it coming!
I'm lucky to have it! I wanted to post an aerial view of the place, but the area isn't focused very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back