Why did Travis Tumlinson Fake the Stone Maps as a Hoax?

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
I must be confused as I am unaware of anything substantial here not created by the Tumlinson family. What am I missing?

I guess people can say anything they want when they can't prove anything. But I fail to see any value in their opinions other than to insure a following for furthering their own agenda.

By the way, my dog is black. :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I must be confused as I am unaware of anything substantial here not created by the Tumlinson family. What am I missing?

I guess people can say anything they want when they can't prove anything. But I fail to see any value in their opinions other than to insure a following for furthering their own agenda.

Not this kind of black?
Art can imitate life sometimes, need to know the life to translate some art though..

022-3003.jpg

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
Hello Sarge:

Originally Posted by sgtfda:

"the true story is so much more interesting than the legends. Not to mention the barn map with its shadow sign overlay."

Imagine Tom Kollenborn would say the same thing about the truth at least:

Originally Posted by sgtfda:

Had to go to the Apache Junction fruit market today so I decided to meet up with Tom K at the Blue Bird. By the way they have a set of the stones on display in the front window. Copies just like the museum. God everyone has them. Tom told me a acquaintance made the stones in the 30's and placed them in the FJ spot. I asked why there and he said the guy was working in the area. This person also worked as a tombstone engraver. Which explains a lot. I wanted to ask him about the Burns from Burns Ranch and the pitt mine. The stones came up after I noticed the window display. I will still keep a open mind as its fun to play with the issue.

Frank,

Tom told me this story some time ago. Not much chance he will ever divulge the name. I believe it to be true.

Take care,

Joe

But then again this:

ad.png

Sep 2014

It's my contention that one option in this melodrama must be that Travis himself (and possibly his ancestors back to Pegleg) was deceived. If so, that means that all that originated with Travis - while intriguing in a mystery-thriller sort of way, and sellable as a human interest piece - may be irrelevant to the ultimate truth that underlies the enigma of the mother map(s) - is it authentic or not? By the way, don't expect the true original map(s) to be published anytime soon (unless it's already known to be fraudulent, that is).

Perhaps to understand the shadows you first have to gaze to the stars and only then can you understand N(?)-8(?)-P(Polaris). Not sure you will find what you seek in the barn only rattlesnakes and coloring books. Might earn a few pennies at the Gulf Station.

At the end of the day what is important is not the where it is the when. The when will lead you to the where.:BangHead:

Good luck

Starman

Hello Ponchosportal,

This has always been about theater and not what they know but about what they do not know.

Starman

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

The keys are two : the arch and the horse . The horse is the golden key .

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona

Of course your unaware. That's why its called secret. Why would there be a need to prove anything to you. Your not involved. The things found are not new. Just private and rediscovered. I was only pointing out the public history of the stones is not the private history. I get tired reading all the bull on the subject. Instead of laughing at what was presented on the Legend show you should have payed more attention to my theory. Turns out I was correct. So I guess the little I posted was my way of saying KMA.

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
Hello Sarge,

As I said good luck in your efforts. Perhaps before all of this is over what will be revealed is there were a number of things Travis found in that hole. With the Latin Heart near by.

I suspect your posts could be far more interesting.

Starman

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you follow the same path as Travis and all of the others before, you won't find the treasure. Start fresh like it's your first time, then maybe.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A sock coffee pot used by the barista del campo may be worth more than the maps.:headbang:

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the Map maker and his Family have kept those secret Travis made maps hidden all these years? Why should we believe anything at all Travis had in his possession after he forged the Stone Maps? You can't go back and ask him how or why he made the Barn Map. I have to ask this. Can you at least show us his rock carvings on the Barn's foundation? There must be some carvings around it somewhere...

So a new generation of searchers have taken his forged maps looking for what? It seems to me all your going to find is the artists state of mind in those fabricated barn maps. It's only his retribution against the Treasure Hunting establishment. Because he knew you'll be looking for the end of that barn map until the cows come home.

I must admit Travis was the ringmaster for that Rodeo. He definitely got the prize for the most beautiful Bull. I can see now where he came up with his idea for the Horse Map. Probably while cleaning the stalls full of his prize Bull's manure. I must admit he was resourceful in his trepidation of people finding out. Only you and a few others know his true motives. At this point all we know is his dark forgery side.

It seems we're all becoming part of some sort of Promotional lead up too a show. We're given bits of info on a need to know basis like a fish looking at a worm on a hook. By the time the show comes out, if it does, we'll all be tired of playing "I've got a secret" and you don't.

Sounds sort of like Travis himself. I can see why. It's coming straight from his family. The same genome that brought us Travis.

And the new generation that's searching seems to be a bit lazy about it. Must not have been that important if they let it rot in a barn. Looks to me like the family wouldn't be searching at all had it not been for Ryan's obsession with debunking the stone maps. Will Ryan tell us if Travis is all BS? Will he remain objective in his interviews? Or has he become to close to the family for a true objectivity? None of us want a biased view of Travis's motives.

Thanks for telling us about the barn find. Even though you can't show it. Still gives us hope someone may find something, anything at all for that matter.

Bill it's not mine to give. Travis and the family kept this material secret all these years. The new generation has taken up the search. Family tradition searching for this target. It cool to be along for the ride.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the moment drink from a copper pot .

Coffee.jpg

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank at the risk of KYA I wanted to know what sort of payola is required for buying a ticket on your map ride? I did pay attention to your theory about the Stone Maps. So you have one of the original parchment Maps from the Family Barn? Hell, I've been following and decoding fake Stone Maps for so long now I can't even read a topo with out looking for HORSE! I did notice, and I don't know if it was for the sake of the show, that you gave some meanings to a few symbols that were incorrect. That bothered me a bit. I figured either you had made a mistake or it was on purpose. Either way you have one of the maps that were used for the fabrication of the stone maps which in my book that's sweet. I might as well follow paper, rock or scissors.

If you reply with a "KMA" I understand.

But, when your to old to bother looking and don't give a darn anymore call me I'll be there.

Of course your unaware. That's why its called secret. Why would there be a need to prove anything to you. Your not involved. The things found are not new. Just private and rediscovered. I was only pointing out the public history of the stones is not the private history. I get tired reading all the bull on the subject. Instead of laughing at what was presented on the Legend show you should have payed more attention to my theory. Turns out I was correct. So I guess the little I posted was my way of saying KMA.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct my friend. The Horse is always the key. The Horse brings you there and moves the stones required for entering the mine. The Horse is a symbol of mining. The Master Mason always rode a horse. That's why his nose is carved as a horse. The Master wore a mustache. Sort of looks like Hitler's stash.

Two keys.

Man and Horse. The Arch is the sky which is the ceiling of the Temple. Each Temple was manipulated for the rituals of the Temple.

Temple of King David.

Not Solomon.

Look it up.

Bill

The keys are two : the arch and the horse . The horse is the golden key .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
So the Map maker and his Family have kept those secret Travis made maps hidden all these years? Why should we believe anything at all Travis had in his possession after he forged the Stone Maps? You can't go back and ask him how or why he made the Barn Map. I have to ask this. Can you at least show us his rock carvings on the Barn's foundation? There must be some carvings around it somewhere...

So a new generation of searchers have taken his forged maps looking for what? It seems to me all your going to find is the artists state of mind in those fabricated barn maps. It's only his retribution against the Treasure Hunting establishment. Because he knew you'll be looking for the end of that barn map until the cows come home.

I must admit Travis was the ringmaster for that Rodeo. He definitely got the prize for the most beautiful Bull. I can see now where he came up with his idea for the Horse Map. Probably while cleaning the stalls full of his prize Bull's manure. I must admit he was resourceful in his trepidation of people finding out. Only you and a few others know his true motives. At this point all we know is his dark forgery side.

It seems we're all becoming part of some sort of Promotional lead up too a show. We're given bits of info on a need to know basis like a fish looking at a worm on a hook. By the time the show comes out, if it does, we'll all be tired of playing "I've got a secret" and you don't.

Sounds sort of like Travis himself. I can see why. It's coming straight from his family. The same genome that brought us Travis.

And the new generation that's searching seems to be a bit lazy about it. Must not have been that important if they let it rot in a barn. Looks to me like the family wouldn't be searching at all had it not been for Ryan's obsession with debunking the stone maps. Will Ryan tell us if Travis is all BS? Will he remain objective in his interviews? Or has he become to close to the family for a true objectivity? None of us want a biased view of Travis's motives.

Thanks for telling us about the barn find. Even though you can't show it. Still gives us hope someone may find something, anything at all for that matter.

I have not looked at Bill's posts for quite awhile now. Glad I decided to take a peek at his latest thought process. Horror of horrors, the entire post seems completely rational and something I find myself in total agreement with.:o :eek: Well even a blind.........

On the other hand, I consider Ryan and Frank, as well as many of their silent partners, friends. In that respect, I have no problem with any agendas or final products they may have in mind. Anyone getting anything worthwhile out of the Superstition legends is more than welcome to it, in my opinion. If I needed it, I believe I could make a small return for my 50+ years in the game.

Good luck to all,

Joe Ribaudo

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453924641.322140.jpg

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other

Your professions are no more significant than anything ever said by BB. Your just wasting peoples time being disrespectful (KMA) and feeding them BS to keep them excited about your impending fail future. Most people result to insults when they have nothing of value to present.

Please don't consider me interested in anything you might provide.
Have a nice day.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
With me what you see is what you get. I could care less what people believe. I have a few friends who have a interest in what's going on in Texas. I post for them. I found gold in the area the maps represent. Some refused to believe it. That is until they held it in their hands. I pointed the way and a few are now getting some for themselves. If you make wine from sour grapes you end up drinking sour wine. If I say there is something going on. There is. I did not fly to Texas to eat beans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread