Why does no one believe in Long Range locators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can dowse but know nothing about long range detectors? Dowsing works for elec line water or gas. But I like my metal detectors for treasure. I guess I would be a skeptic also if I had not of tried it. On paper it does not make sense.

In a way, dowsing a target and using a detector would be like using a detector to get close then using your pinpointer to zero in.

In my opinion being a skeptic is a good thing. It's the ones that are completely closed minded that are calling themselves skeptics that make me wonder. Just because it's beyond our knowledge or comprehension doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Again, I have to ask the question I've asked numerous times and have NEVER gotten an answer to or a diversion or changing the subject.

Can any of you tell me why it doesn't work? If you're that sure it doesn't work you should have studied it enough to be able to explain why. I'd really like to hear from the skeptics out there.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Can any of you tell me why it doesn't work?
They claim that the electronics do nothing.
I
f you're that sure it doesn't work you should have studied it enough to be able to explain why.
They would have to use one and they will not.
I have used 7 different LRL’s and found gold with them all. I have been told that a blind man could find more gold than you can with a LRL. ...Art

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well at times when i am lazy i use these rods i have had for years and i will say they work for coins & jewelry for me .... I will use my rods get a target mark it with golf t's mark about 8 of them ...And then take my detector and pin point the spot and at times there is a good target there .. That way when i just want a short hunt i use the rod's .... So with my Detectors And pin pointer the rods are part of my hunting arsenal .. but there are days i want to swing the detector in the fields and woods so then i go that way .... For there are times that i like to just walk and swing the detector... . DSCN0779.JPG

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Well at times when i am lazy i use these rods i have had for years and i will say they work for coins & jewelry for me .... I will use my rods get a target mark it with golf t's mark about 8 of them ...And then take my detector and pin point the spot and at times there is a good target there .. That way when i just want a short hunt i use the rod's .... So with my Detectors And pin pointer the rods are part of my hunting arsenal .. but there are days i want to swing the detector in the fields and woods so then i go that way .... For there are
Yes that is called Dowsing. The rods work differently when used with man made signals.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have often posted that I believe if you try to Dowse with a Field Generator you will fail. I know that some people use the devices using Dowsing methods and do locate stuff. If they can make it work that’s ok but if you are not happy don’t blame the device..Art

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that is called Dowsing. The rods work differently when used with man made signals.
Yes my Dowsing works fine for me and my rods only cost me $20.00 years ago and have paid for themselves many times over... Before any one says anything i know you can get them cheaper but that is the way things go sometimes..

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This is what is inside of one of my devices. The internet experts show you much different photo’s
100_0045.jpg

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I can put all the calculations into the device and set it down. Take a set of rods and find the signal line and follow it to the gold. It is a waste of time but can be done...Art
100_0047.jpg

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what is inside of one of my devices. The internet experts show you much different photo’s
View attachment 1245253

A ribbon cable and a few switches?

There are practically no components on that board. I'd be surprised if you even had a 555 timer on there to blink an led.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember this is the "Long Range Locator forum", no one has to prove anything, you either believe or you don't.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, a calculator on a stick is like a screwdriver as far as long range detecting abilities?

I can believe that.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
S
o, a calculator on a stick is like a screwdriver as far as long range detecting abilities?
No. I can set the distance it searches and the depth. I have never saw anyone trying to find gold at a long range with a screwdriver. I have saw people using them as pry bars...Art

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have often posted that I believe if you try to Dowse with a Field Generator you will fail. I know that some people use the devices using Dowsing methods and do locate stuff. If they can make it work that’s ok but if you are not happy don’t blame the device..Art

Sounds like what I used to always say in my maintenance days. "When are you gonna understand? It's not the machine it's the operator!!!!" :laughing7:

Just like everything else, you need to try techniques & tweek it until it works for you. What works for me might not work for everyone else. I think that's a big problem nowdays, everyone wants instant gratification. If you don't put in the time to learn the machine / technique you're more than likely to fail then you're off to throw more money at another machine. It's not the machine it's the operator. Spend the time to learn and be successful! :icon_thumright:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had heard that dowsers use a tree branch with two thin branches that is use as handles. I will try it next year.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S
No. I can set the distance it searches and the depth. I have never saw anyone trying to find gold at a long range with a screwdriver. I have saw people using them as pry bars...Art
I have seen many treasure hunters drunk at bars because all they dug up were pull tabs.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Sounds like what I used to always say in my maintenance days. "When are you gonna understand? It's not the machine it's the operator!!!!"
That could be right. It takes time to learn every tool that you use.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I had heard that dowsers use a tree branch with two thin branches that is use as handles. I will try it next year.
The old water dowsers used that type of tools. Most now use metal rods
I have seen many treasure hunters drunk at bars because all they dug up were pull tabs
I think you have your tools mixed up. I do not find pull tabs when I am searching for gold...
I know guys that have thousands of pull tabs. That is what they like to search for. Treasure hunters can seek anything that they consider to be treasure.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have been told that the only reason I find gold is because I use visual clues to locate it and I go to places where gold is known to exists. . So am I not allowed to use what I know about gold to locate it? Will I do better if I go to places where gold will not be present? I will use any and all methods to find gold and recover it. That is what I enjoy..Art

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that the only reason I find gold is because I use visual clues to locate it and I go to places where gold is known to exists. . So am I not allowed to use what I know about gold to locate it? Will I do better if I go to places where gold will not be present? I will use any and all methods to find gold and recover it. That is what I enjoy..Art

Doesnt matter how your finding it as long as your finding gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread