Why does no one believe in Long Range locators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The electronics enhance the target's own signal. L-rods alone pretty much a shot in the dark unless you have years of practice borderline insanity. But no matter what you use, the earth's magnetic field plays a big role. When it's shifting you aren't going to be on line no matter what somebody tells you. So really even if you KNOW where the target is, if you are locating properly you may not get the line accurately. That's why you are supposed to use a test target--to see if the line is on or not or too weak to find. Not much different than nugget hunting--you use a test target to see what the conditions are for that ground at that time.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The electronics enhance the target's own signal. L-rods alone pretty much a shot in the dark unless you have years of practice borderline insanity. But no matter what you use, the earth's magnetic field plays a big role. When it's shifting you aren't going to be on line no matter what somebody tells you. So really even if you KNOW where the target is, if you are locating properly you may not get the line accurately. That's why you are supposed to use a test target--to see if the line is on or not or too weak to find. Not much different than nugget hunting--you use a test target to see what the conditions are for that ground at that time.

Could you please provide a reference for this information? From a physics article, or such? This sounds like complete fiction to me.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you please provide a reference for this information? From a physics article, or such? This sounds like complete fiction to me.
I respectfully disagree. It sounds like complete science fiction.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From the books and manuscripts I have read, the only accurate "Long Range Detectors," were all human - not electronic. Currently, there are perhaps seven people here in the United States that have the mental gift of paranormal location. People like them have been instrumental in recovering some of the greatest recovered treasures in history. Howard Carter was forced to consult such a person at the insistence of Lord Carnavon, before he was allowed to go back to Egypt one last time.

Maybe there is a "radar" that can locate gold or silver, copper or nickel. Maybe a Victoria's Secret model will stalk me. Maybe you are going to find exactly what you are supposed to find in this life. I'm pretty happy "finding" adventure and exercise.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You'll have to do your own research, but I'll give you a quote from a guy named Wilson.

...I'm picking up good vibrations.
She's giving me excitations...
Na na na na na, na na na na

That's all you get. That last line was for art. LOL

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the books and manuscripts I have read, the only accurate "Long Range Detectors," were all human - not electronic. Currently, there are perhaps seven people here in the United States that have the mental gift of paranormal location. People like them have been instrumental in recovering some of the greatest recovered treasures in history. Howard Carter was forced to consult such a person at the insistence of Lord Carnavon, before he was allowed to go back to Egypt one last time.

Maybe there is a "radar" that can locate gold or silver, copper or nickel. Maybe a Victoria's Secret model will stalk me. Maybe you are going to find exactly what you are supposed to find in this life. I'm pretty happy "finding" adventure and exercise.

Don't have to worry about no Victoria's Secrets at my age. LOL

Well, you are right about the psychic types--there are only a handful of real map dowsers. But that's psychic.The "dowser" part is a misnomer. Regular type real dowsing is not psychic, it's what is called ethereal or pre-physical. Of course anything with L-rods requires much operator skill. A very few people are lucky and pick it up quickly but the great majority of people have to learn it and it can take years or in about 20% of the cases never. LOL Those are the ones who can't overcome their negativity. Kinda funny but many of the dumb hicks don't have the apprehensions or the running brain.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The shill guy claims it makes a signal that changes with the different numbers you punch and that they measured it with a voltmeter.
If you would check and be honest it was a skeptic that wrote the report.
You cannot measure body voltage or polarity with a regular voltmeter
A regular volt meter will read the polarity of the hands. It takes a Mil Volt meter to read the voltage.
The guy should be banned from Treasurenet but instead they defend the rip-off.
Follow the rules and they will not ban you again

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Sorry you have had so much trouble being a treasure hunter. In 45 years of trying you should have been able to find a tool that will work for you. Just maybe you are not able to learn the hobby. If I try a hobby and find that I am not good enough to have fun doing it I just move on. Just because I am no good at playing golf does not mean it is other peoples problem....Art

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted... It is never a good idea to attack moderation or the forums, especially after multiple warnings from several mods...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can dowse but know nothing about long range detectors? Dowsing works for elec line water or gas. But I like my metal detectors for treasure. I guess I would be a skeptic also if I had not of tried it. On paper it does not make sense.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I only know of one device that will locate paper money. I have read the manuals for a lot of LRL’s. None of them recommend using Dowsing..Art

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The same reason that people dont believe in honest lawyers and other people who are supposedly suppose to be honest.:laughing7:

want2skydive

Jan 12, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone said it would have to be a big piece of gold. Well I agree. It better be the size of my overly large head if I have to dig 10 feet to get it out!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Someone said it would have to be a big piece of gold. Well I agree. It better be the size of my overly large head if I have to dig 10 feet to get it out!
That’s why only I search 2 feet deep and ¼ mile in distance. I don’t want to know if something is 10 foot deep. Some of these devices will locate 2 flakes of gold at 8 miles. That's why I would not use that device again.I used to buy my beer at one of two stores. They never seem to have any bills beside ones to give me in change. I started to check all the ones they gave me. They are all in jail now
..Art

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s why only I search 2 feet deep and ¼ mile in distance. I don’t want to know if something is 10 foot deep. Some of these devices will locate 2 flakes of gold at 8 miles. That's why I would not use that device again.I used to buy my beer at one of two stores. They never seem to have any bills beside ones to give me in change. I started to check all the ones they gave me. They are all in jail now
..Art

Well, there is gold everywhere, even in the play sand sold at home depot. It's easy to claim a device can find gold flakes ... but can they find a large chunk of gold every time?

I know that when a 16g chunk (ring?) is buried 12 inches deep, I will absolutely 100% of the time, find it if I am over that location using a metal detector. I have never seen dowsing or LRL's accomplish this... it's been blind tested many times. Sure there are claims, but I can prove it any time, any where, without excuses. It will work every time.

I would like to know how these LRL's locate a coin on the ground next to a car. The coin is mostly copper. The car contains hundreds of feet of copper wire, yet the LRL points to the coin under the cup next to the car. Could it be that the operator is guiding the device to where he knows the coin is? Certainly the calculator which is double stick taped to a plastic box containing a potentiometer, an led, and a battery is not steering this device.

The biggest believers and these devices are the people selling them... and even they don't believe they work.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Well, there is gold everywhere, even in the play sand sold at home depot
Yes there is a lot of gold out there
I know that when a 16g chunk (ring?) is buried 12 inches deep, I will absolutely 100% of the time, find it if I am over that location using a metal detector.
Then how come I see so many post of people complaining about pull tabs being read instead of gold?
I would like to know how these LRL's locate a coin on the ground next to a car. The coin is mostly copper. The car contains hundreds of feet of copper wire, yet the LRL points to the coin under the cup next to the car
If the LRL is not set to copper It will not point to it
Certainly the calculator which is double stick taped to a plastic box containing a potentiometer, an led, and a battery is not steering this device.
It just may be that it is run by Solar and there is no battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread