Why does no one believe in Long Range locators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, a calculator on a stick is like a screwdriver as far as long range detecting abilities?

I can believe that.

But you HAVE to put in the right numbers, remember? That is where the science comes in. I love how they open up these devices & find wires that lead to nowhere. That should be enough for most people to dismiss these 'locators'. They should just rename this section the arthur forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the attacks on this forum..... It is a forum on TreasureNet, if forum bothers anyone then don't visit it...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
But you HAVE to put in the right numbers, remember?
Yes you do have to put the Mathematical Formula in correctly to get the Scientific Calculator to work properly.
That is where the science comes in.
Yes
I love how they open up these devices & find wires that lead to nowhere.
Yes it is. How can anyone claim to have tested the unit after they have destroyed it? Most of these units have epoxy pour over the stuff inside of then. That is the mess you are looking at
That should be enough for most people to dismiss these 'locators'. They should just rename this section the arthur forum.
No. I am just the one that is always here.
I have a gold only unit that is still been used on a claim in Alaska. The only time it was broken was a ground wire that came loose. Everything else is covered with epoxy with a few adjusting screws exposed. The unit is 17 years old

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Make a set of rods from metal coat hangers. Take a cell phone and put 353 into it. Nothing else. Put it on the ground and place a piece of gold about 10 foot away from it. Take the rods and walk between the gold and the phone. OR Take a Scientific Calculator put the same numbers into it and push the equal button and do the same thing as you did with the cell phone..Art

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you do have to put the Mathematical Formula in correctly to get the Scientific Calculator to work properly.

Yes

Yes it is. How can anyone claim to have tested the unit after they have destroyed it? Most of these units have epoxy pour over the stuff inside of then. That is the mess you are looking at

No. I am just the one that is always here.
I have a gold only unit that is still been used on a claim in Alaska. The only time it was broken was a ground wire that came loose. Everything else is covered with epoxy with a few adjusting screws exposed. The unit is 17 years old

That is called potting. Back in the 80s it was common to use it to prevent competition from copying computer circuitry. One technique was to design a board that had an important section that plugged in to the main board and that was encapsulated. If you have one of these potted boards that needs repair, you can soak the board in MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) for a few hours to a day and it'll soften the potting epoxy to where you can peel it off like soft rubber to access the board for repairs.

YES! this potting IS there to hide something! It's there to hide a circuit(s) in order to protect them from being duplicated. Plain & simple for all the skeptics. Would you spend the time, effort & energy, and money for R&D just to throw your product out there for someone to tweek it enough to not violate a copyright or patent? Bet you'd pot it too!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you HAVE to put in the right numbers, remember? That is where the science comes in. I love how they open up these devices & find wires that lead to nowhere. That should be enough for most people to dismiss these 'locators'. They should just rename this section the arthur forum.
Your argument pretty much fits anything! There are shysters selling garbage everywhere, BUT does it mean everything like it is bunk? You're saying they open up these devices and find wires that lead to nowhere. Ok, that's a few of many so are you saying due to a couple being bunk ALL the others are bunk too? Your science doesn't add up.

As far as the argument goes for using visual clues, that can be applied to metal detectors too. That's kind of like saying let's go out in the middle of a parking lot to coinshoot. No visual indicators of where coins are but you'd be better off searching where you've got a chance of finding coins. Which area is gonna fill your pouch.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't understand some of you..... If you're so dead set these devices don't work, why waste your time on a forum dealing with them to the point where the mods have to warn you? I dowse, it works. I'm not at all sure about LRLs but that doesn't mean everyone should fall in line with my thoughts. What works for aarthr probably wouldn't work well for me BUT! that doesn't mean it doesn't work at all. If you have a closed mind, you'll learn nothing. How can you make any conclusion if you haven't spent the time to learn to use rods with an open mind? You're trying to draw a conclusion with only 1% of the knowledge. In other words you're trying to tell us sauerkraut tastes good without tasting it yourself.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Another experiment
You can also try a CB Radio or a Walkie Talkie. Channel 7 should be 462.7125 MHz. Put it on channel 7 and lock the send button down. Lay it on the ground and put gold about 10 foot away. Walk between the two. This works better with 17 inch rods. There is always a better way to skin a cat

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Yes you do have to put the Mathematical Formula in correctly to get the Scientific Calculator to work properly.
That is where the science comes in."

But it is still just a calculator, it doesn't transmit or receive any information from outside of it's own circuitry, it will simply preform calculations.....hence the name, calculator.

fastening it to a handle and calling it a locator doesn't really change it's function.

please help me understand the mathematical formulas that transform it. thank you.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another experiment
You can also try a CB Radio or a Walkie Talkie. Channel 7 should be 462.7125 MHz. Put it on channel 7 and lock the send button down. Lay it on the ground and put gold about 10 foot away. Walk between the two. This works better with 17 inch rods. There is always a better way to skin a cat

If using a CB make sure you have a good match on the antenna. If you don't more than likely you'll fry the finals. Be careful what you say when you have the mic keyed everyone on 17 will hear you.:laughing7:

Aarthur have you experimented with wrapping gold leaf around the tips of your rods then putting heatshrink over it to hold it? Be interesting to hear others input on this. :icon_thumright:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
But it is still just a calculator, it doesn't transmit or receive any information from outside of it's own circuitry, it will simply preform calculations.....hence the name, calculator.
You may want to look for the post where an ET found a sweet spot on the back of a calculator that could be found using test equipment and was readable.
fastening it to a handle and calling it a locator doesn't really change it's function.

please help me understand the mathematical formulas that transform it. thank you.
All I need to know is when I put the right number in times 1 times 2x the depth and distance can be set. If you don’t do it this way it will not work.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Aarthur have you experimented with wrapping gold leaf around the tips of your rods then putting heatshrink over it to hold it? Be interesting to hear others input on this.
I have small nuggets on the tips held on by Liquid Black tape from Harbor freight.
Job 002.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like asking "Why don't people believe in Santa Claus?" Most adults don't. Most scientists do not (because they are junk science). Some people do believe in Santa, just like some people believe in LRL's. Its not Astrophysics.

Mike

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like asking "Why don't people believe in Santa Claus?" Most adults don't. Most scientists do not (because they are junk science). Some people do believe in Santa, just like some people believe in LRL's. Its not Astrophysics.

Mike

I agree! If it were proven that is so easy to find (locate) gold with one of these devices, a major manufacturer would not be able to ignore it & they would be selling them at Kellyco, lol.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Astrophysics.
Astrophysics is a branch of space science that applies the laws of physics and chemistry to explain the birth, life and death of stars, planets, galaxies, nebulae and other objects in the universe. It has two sibling sciences, astronomy and cosmology, and the lines between them blur.Jun 12, 2014
I agree! If it were proven that is so easy to find (locate) gold with one of these devices, a major manufacturer would not be able to ignore it & they would be selling them at Kellyco, lol.
I thought someone ask for your proof? Does Kellyco still sell a lot of LRL’s as they were mostly knock offs

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike
Santa Claus isn't in your head he's in your heart. So does that negate the rest? :tongue3: What about instinct, gut feelings etc. Not an ounce of science there, but with your combat experience I'll bet you believe in them. :icon_thumright:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Long range location" is real. Hand-held, retail, LRL manufacturers and dealers need you to believe their products are as well, but they are not. Today, these applications are used to prospect for gold and other valuable minerals using young men and women with Masters and Doctorate degrees in Geology to run and analyze sophisticated computer programs from a helicopter towing a big old metal detecting coil at 70-mph over some godforsaken forested mountainside in the Klondike, or skimming over the high desert and into the Bradshaw mountain passes.

Attachments

• 20090106-1427-P2L47-N0283069W1128920--Baja--645--El-Barril--Helicopter-Towing-Metal-Detector.jpg
    20090106-1427-P2L47-N0283069W1128920--Baja--645--El-Barril--Helicopter-Towing-Metal-Detector.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 81

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not used a Long Range Locator. So I could not give an educated opinion one way or the other. I do not see how any one could.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread