Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a ritual offering with a witch bottle curse or spell. I found this sight a year and a half ago. There is a bottle buried upside down, with the bottom of the bottle exposed, and the rest buried......inside the bottle is some oil and water with a red pepper 🌶 in it.....I think ?? All around the bottle was clad change....mainly quarters. The first time I found this with my detector I desecrated this little offering. I stole the offering and un buried there witch bottle and tossed it about 75 yards from where I found it. To my surprise when I returned to this spot everything had been restored to its original state, and more money was cached and left as an offering. As I started to raid the site again, I thought to myself maybe I should leave everything in place and just take the money 💰 so I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle !! Im not sure just exactly how many times I've raided this offering/cache, but it has to be 4-5 different times that I've carfully removed all the money. This person must believe his offering is being accepted by his diety. My last total take was 52.67 and that brought me up to a total of 360$ and change.....I've lost a perfect count of all the money but 360 +dollars so far !! Ill be waiting about a month now to go back and check again. The bulk of the coins are always quarters, and I've found a silver dime, and a wheat penny in this pile of coins. Since I don't fear any superstition I will continue to rob this offering (as some would say) or play God and accept there offering (as others would say). My goal is to buy a second EQX 700 with the proceeds from this witch bottle offering.....only need 340$ more !!
20231004_114845.jpg
20231004_114856.jpg
20231004_123034.jpg
20231004_155500.jpg
20221022_131143-jpg.2109450
20220917_164708.jpg

Attachments

• 20221022_131143.jpg
    20221022_131143.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 431
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a ritual offering with a witch bottle curse or spell. I found this sight a year and a half ago. There is a bottle buried upside down, with the bottom of the bottle exposed, and the rest buried......inside the bottle is some oil and water with a red pepper 🌶 in it.....I think ?? All around the bottle was clad change....mainly quarters. The first time I found this with my detector I desecrated this little offering. I stole the offering and un buried there witch bottle and tossed it about 75 yards from where I found it. To my surprise when I returned to this spot everything had been restored to its original state, and more money was cached and left as an offering. As I started to raid the site again, I thought to myself maybe I should leave everything in place and just take the money 💰 so I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle !! Im not sure just exactly how many times I've raided this offering/cache, but it has to be 4-5 different times that I've carfully removed all the money. This person must believe his offering is being accepted by his diety. My last total take was 52.67 and that brought me up to a total of 360$ and change.....I've lost a perfect count of all the money but 360 +dollars so far !! Ill be waiting about a month now to go back and check again. The bulk of the coins are always quarters, and I've found a silver dime, and a wheat penny in this pile of coins. Since I don't fear any superstition I will continue to rob this offering (as some would say) or play God and accept there offering (as others would say). My goal is to buy a second EQX 700 with the proceeds from this witch bottle offering.....only need 340$ more !! View attachment 2109445 View attachment 2109446 View attachment 2109447 View attachment 2109448
View attachment 2109449
You should leave a note telling them they need to double or triple thier offerings and not be so cheap...

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should leave a note telling them they need to double or triple thier offerings and not be so cheap...
The spirits demand a higher offering!! I got cold feet on opening the bottle and examining the contents......it looked like a pepper in there, but it also looked like a roosters 🐓 comb, or a pair of human lips 💋 as I read online what could be in a witch bottle I definitely decided not to open it, and to put it back how I found it.

Some of the items and fluids in a witch bottle could be semen, menstrual blood, urine, finger nail clippings, hair, etc.etc.etc

I decided at that point I would not disturb the bottle, but I would nab the offerings and see how long this game would go on !!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided at that point I would not disturb the bottle, but I would nab the offerings and see how long this game would go on !!
Just make sure there isn't anyone waiting in the bushes with a machete when you make your rounds....

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make sure there isn't anyone waiting in the bushes with a machete when you make your rounds....
That thought has crossed my mind.....its isolated and pretty far off the beaten path. I pack heat when I go here !! So I'm thinking I should have some silver bullets !! This is a great Halloween themed treasure tale !!

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a ritual offering with a witch bottle curse or spell. I found this sight a year and a half ago. There is a bottle buried upside down, with the bottom of the bottle exposed, and the rest buried......inside the bottle is some oil and water with a red pepper 🌶 in it.....I think ?? All around the bottle was clad change....mainly quarters. The first time I found this with my detector I desecrated this little offering. I stole the offering and un buried there witch bottle and tossed it about 75 yards from where I found it. To my surprise when I returned to this spot everything had been restored to its original state, and more money was cached and left as an offering. As I started to raid the site again, I thought to myself maybe I should leave everything in place and just take the money 💰 so I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle !! Im not sure just exactly how many times I've raided this offering/cache, but it has to be 4-5 different times that I've carfully removed all the money. This person must believe his offering is being accepted by his diety. My last total take was 52.67 and that brought me up to a total of 360$ and change.....I've lost a perfect count of all the money but 360 +dollars so far !! Ill be waiting about a month now to go back and check again. The bulk of the coins are always quarters, and I've found a silver dime, and a wheat penny in this pile of coins. Since I don't fear any superstition I will continue to rob this offering (as some would say) or play God and accept there offering (as others would say). My goal is to buy a second EQX 700 with the proceeds from this witch bottle offering.....only need 340$ more !! View attachment 2109445 View attachment 2109446 View attachment 2109447 View attachment 2109448
View attachment 2109449
That is to dam funny!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting they used a witch bottle to protect a cahe. I allways thought the bottles were buried to protect the home. The idea is to return a curse to the sender if black magic is ever intended. A ritual yes but it is more of a white magic spell. There should be bent nails, broken glass (maybe even antique colors) and pins (not type with needle eye). Witch bottles had been quite common decades ago, so the bottle and contents can be old.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting they used a witch bottle to protect a cahe. I allways thought the bottles were buried to protect the home. The idea is to return a curse to the sender if black magic is ever intended. A ritual yes but it is more of a white magic spell. There should be bent nails, broken glass (maybe even antique colors) and pins (not type with needle eye). Witch bottles had been quite common decades ago, so the bottle and contents can be old.
I think maybe we have someone's own version of this practice. Here in south Florida we have carribean voodoo and santaria which are popular with the hatiens, Cubans, and Jamaicans. These practices borrow from each other, and have many strange offerings and rituals. So maybe this is part of some carribean voodoo practice. I could not find a specific witch bottle practice that matches this one exactly......maybe a ritual to bring wealth, or protect wealth.....im gonna research a bit more and see if I can narrow its purpose down. There have been santaria shrines and offerings close by also !!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a bit creepy too !!
I once worked in the San Antonio, Texas area doing pipeline work. I ran a John Deere 690 back hoe. One morning I opened the cab to start it up and there was a dead chicken placed on the seat. The crew was mostly Hispanic and the told me someone had placed a curse on us.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once worked in the San Antonio, Texas area doing pipeline work. I ran a John Deere 690 back hoe. One morning I opened the cab to start it up and there was a dead chicken placed on the seat. The crew was mostly Hispanic and the told me someone had placed a curse on us.
Since you didn't follow that with "and that afternoon the back hoe fell into a sink hole", I'm guessing everything worked out OK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread