All Treasure Hunting

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Here's a current article about witch bottles:

Eerie 'witch bottles' found along Gulf of Mexico, and even researchers are creeped out

"I don't get creeped out by them, but I'm also not going to open them," Tunnell told Fox News Digital. "I mean, they're supposed to have spells and stuff in them – why take the chance?"

My answer would be because spells are nonsense, and don't really work. The "stuff" on the other hand, could definitely be something to be concerned about. Who knows what kind of viruses, bacteria, bodily fluids and other bio hazards have been fermenting in those bottles. I wouldn't mess with trucker bombs, either. You know, those plastic jugs filled with urine that truckers leave on the side of the highway when they can't make it to the truck stop...

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

QPublius

Greenie
Jan 22, 2024
This is a ritual offering with a witch bottle curse or spell. I found this sight a year and a half ago. There is a bottle buried upside down, with the bottom of the bottle exposed, and the rest buried......inside the bottle is some oil and water with a red pepper 🌶 in it.....I think ?? All around the bottle was clad change....mainly quarters. The first time I found this with my detector I desecrated this little offering. I stole the offering and un buried there witch bottle and tossed it about 75 yards from where I found it. To my surprise when I returned to this spot everything had been restored to its original state, and more money was cached and left as an offering. As I started to raid the site again, I thought to myself maybe I should leave everything in place and just take the money 💰 so I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle !! Im not sure just exactly how many times I've raided this offering/cache, but it has to be 4-5 different times that I've carfully removed all the money. This person must believe his offering is being accepted by his diety. My last total take was 52.67 and that brought me up to a total of 360$ and change.....I've lost a perfect count of all the money but 360 +dollars so far !! Ill be waiting about a month now to go back and check again. The bulk of the coins are always quarters, and I've found a silver dime, and a wheat penny in this pile of coins. Since I don't fear any superstition I will continue to rob this offering (as some would say) or play God and accept there offering (as others would say). My goal is to buy a second EQX 700 with the proceeds from this witch bottle offering.....only need 340$ more !! View attachment 2109445 View attachment 2109446 View attachment 2109447 View attachment 2109448
20221022_131143-jpg.2109450
View attachment 2109449
Wow, that just scared the crap out of me. But I think your approach is a very good one. The whole darkside magic thing is very unsettling to me. Hikers found this small wodden idiol in a cave. Alleged little sucker went bat sh!t crazy when it was brought. Not sure if it just made for tv? They returned it. 🙏

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread