tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you didn't follow that with "and that afternoon the back hoe fell into a sink hole", I'm guessing everything worked out OK.
Before that week was over, the boss man came up and said we need to move the dig 6' to the right. He didn't use a tape measure or pace it of. He just threw a rock down on the surface and said start digging here. I took about 3 scoops and instantly water began filling the hole and then it blew up in a geyser. I busted a high pressure water main. That didn't just stop progress ,but cost the company a bunch of money to have an emergency crew shut the water off, fix the pipe and a big bill on the water that all ran like a torrent down the street.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I guess the boss never heard the old saying "Measure twice, cut once." (Or in this case, dig once.)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like situation where a motion sensitive wildlife camera would come in handy. Just remember, it's a two way street. There may already be one there looking at you.
Or what spirits are watching and lurking about ?👹👻👽

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think maybe we have someone's own version of this practice. Here in south Florida we have carribean voodoo and santaria which are popular with the hatiens, Cubans, and Jamaicans. These practices borrow from each other, and have many strange offerings and rituals. So maybe this is part of some carribean voodoo practice. I could not find a specific witch bottle practice that matches this one exactly......maybe a ritual to bring wealth, or protect wealth.....im gonna research a bit more and see if I can narrow its purpose down. There have been santaria shrines and offerings close by also !!
Yes all the pagan religion borrow from the traditional "Wicca" bottle. Even Wiccan sects might differ on how it should be done. Traditionally, the older version of a witch bottle will have 13 bent nails, 13 bent straight pins, 13 pieces of brolen glass. A bottle for contents is choosen then partially filled with sand. Not salt water beach sand but should be sand. Salt is sacred to the Wiccan religion especially if sea salt. Salt would then be used to seal the circle of protection for the bottle.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle

If someone keeps adding coins, the ritual is probably to attract wealth. Maybe try leaving a treasure map, see what happens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone keeps adding coins, the ritual is probably to attract wealth. Maybe try leaving a treasure map, see what happens.
Well its working.....its attracting me wealth for sure !!😁😁

Noobhunter Joey

Greenie
Nov 22, 2019
Marianna
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a ritual offering with a witch bottle curse or spell. I found this sight a year and a half ago. There is a bottle buried upside down, with the bottom of the bottle exposed, and the rest buried......inside the bottle is some oil and water with a red pepper 🌶 in it.....I think ?? All around the bottle was clad change....mainly quarters. The first time I found this with my detector I desecrated this little offering. I stole the offering and un buried there witch bottle and tossed it about 75 yards from where I found it. To my surprise when I returned to this spot everything had been restored to its original state, and more money was cached and left as an offering. As I started to raid the site again, I thought to myself maybe I should leave everything in place and just take the money 💰 so I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle !! Im not sure just exactly how many times I've raided this offering/cache, but it has to be 4-5 different times that I've carfully removed all the money. This person must believe his offering is being accepted by his diety. My last total take was 52.67 and that brought me up to a total of 360$ and change.....I've lost a perfect count of all the money but 360 +dollars so far !! Ill be waiting about a month now to go back and check again. The bulk of the coins are always quarters, and I've found a silver dime, and a wheat penny in this pile of coins. Since I don't fear any superstition I will continue to rob this offering (as some would say) or play God and accept there offering (as others would say). My goal is to buy a second EQX 700 with the proceeds from this witch bottle offering.....only need 340$ more !! View attachment 2109445 View attachment 2109446 View attachment 2109447 View attachment 2109448
20221022_131143-jpg.2109450
View attachment 2109449
You should leave a partly burnt note that says leave silver and gold see what happens lol

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a ritual tool would help identify the maker of the bottle ritual. Sea witches often used a sword to draw the circle of protection in sand on a beach. Witch bottle goes back to Golden Dawn practice (by way of Wicca). The order was also into coins and Alchemy. About 30+ years ago, a movie actress/belly dancer who was in the Golden Dawn owned an occult shop by the name of Mermaid (southern California).

Here is the AI search.

Question: What were the ritual tools used by Order of the Golden Dawn?

The Order of the Golden Dawn, a magical order active in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, utilized a variety of ritual tools in their practices. While the specific tools used may vary among different practitioners and groups, some commonly mentioned tools associated with the Golden Dawn include:
1. Wand: The wand is a ceremonial tool used for directing energy and invoking or banishing forces. It is often associated with the element of air and is used to draw magical symbols in the air.
2. Cup/Chalice: The cup or chalice is a symbol of the element of water and is used for holding liquids, such as water or wine, during rituals. It is often associated with emotions, intuition, and the feminine aspect of divinity.
3. Sword/Athame: The sword or athame is a ceremonial blade used for directing energy and casting circles. It is often associated with the element of fire and is used to symbolically cut through barriers or to represent the will of the practitioner.
4. Pentacle/Patens: The pentacle is a flat, disc-shaped object usually made of metal or wood, inscribed with magical symbols. It is associated with the element of earth and is used for consecrating and charging objects, as well as for grounding and focusing energy.
5. Scourge: The scourge is a whip-like instrument used for self-discipline and purification. It is sometimes used in ritual practices to symbolize the overcoming of obstacles or the purification of the self.
6. Lamp/Censer: The lamp or censer is used for burning incense or oils during rituals. It is associated with the element of fire and is used to purify the space and create a sacred atmosphere.
7. Robes and Regalia: In addition to these specific tools, members of the Golden Dawn often wore ceremonial robes and regalia during rituals to create a sense of symbolism and ritualistic atmosphere.
It's important to note that the specific tools used by the Golden Dawn may vary among different practitioners and groups, as the order allowed for individual interpretation and customization of rituals and tools.

The rituals of the Order of the Golden Dawn are described in various sources, including the book "The Golden Dawn" by Israel Regardie, which was published in 1937. The book is divided into several sections, including knowledge lectures that cover topics such as the Kabalah, symbolism, meditation, and geomancy. It also includes the rituals of the Outer Order, which consist of five initiation rituals into the degrees of the Golden Dawn 12. The book further covers the rituals of the Inner Order 1, including two initiation rituals and equinox ceremonies.
The Golden Dawn rituals involve a combination of ceremonial magic, symbolism, and occult practices 1. The order drew from a wide variety of occult traditions 3, including the Kabalah, Tarot, geomancy, and more. The rituals were designed to facilitate spiritual growth, self-discovery, and the exploration of mystical and magical principles.
It's important to note that the specific details and practices of the Golden Dawn rituals may vary among different practitioners and groups, as the order allowed for individual interpretation and customization of rituals. Additionally, the rituals and teachings of the Golden Dawn have had a significant influence on the development of occultism and have been preserved and studied by various individuals and organizations.

Question revised: How was Order of the Golden Dawn involved with Alchemy?

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn had a connection to alchemy through its teachings and practices. The Golden Dawn was an esoteric organization that focused on spiritual development and magical practices. It consisted of three orders, with the Second or Inner Order, known as the Rosae Rubeae et Aureae Crucis 1, specifically dedicated to teaching magic, including alchemy.
The Second Order of the Golden Dawn taught various magical practices, including scrying, astral travel, and alchemy. Members of this order would study and practice alchemical principles and techniques as part of their magical training. Alchemy was seen as a transformative and spiritual practice, and it aligned with the overall goals and teachings of the Golden Dawn.
While the Golden Dawn rituals and teachings involved various occult systems and were not solely focused on alchemy, the order's secrecy and esoteric nature were in line with the secretive and mystical traditions of alchemy. The Golden Dawn's emphasis on personal development, spiritual growth, and the exploration of esoteric knowledge made it a suitable environment for the study and practice of alchemy.
It is worth noting that the Golden Dawn had a connection to the Rosicrucian Order, and some publications related to alchemy and the Golden Dawn are associated with the Rosicrucian Order of the Golden Dawn 23. These publications explore the intersection of alchemy and the Golden Dawn's teachings and practices.
Overall, the Golden Dawn's involvement with alchemy was through its teachings and practices in the Second or Inner Order, where members studied and practiced various magical arts, including alchemy.

Last edited:

MikeG0242

Oct 2, 2023
This is a ritual offering with a witch bottle curse or spell. I found this sight a year and a half ago. There is a bottle buried upside down, with the bottom of the bottle exposed, and the rest buried......inside the bottle is some oil and water with a red pepper 🌶 in it.....I think ?? All around the bottle was clad change....mainly quarters. The first time I found this with my detector I desecrated this little offering. I stole the offering and un buried there witch bottle and tossed it about 75 yards from where I found it. To my surprise when I returned to this spot everything had been restored to its original state, and more money was cached and left as an offering. As I started to raid the site again, I thought to myself maybe I should leave everything in place and just take the money 💰 so I carfully removed all the money, and waited another month to return.....and there it was....more money piled around the witch bottle !! Im not sure just exactly how many times I've raided this offering/cache, but it has to be 4-5 different times that I've carfully removed all the money. This person must believe his offering is being accepted by his diety. My last total take was 52.67 and that brought me up to a total of 360$ and change.....I've lost a perfect count of all the money but 360 +dollars so far !! Ill be waiting about a month now to go back and check again. The bulk of the coins are always quarters, and I've found a silver dime, and a wheat penny in this pile of coins. Since I don't fear any superstition I will continue to rob this offering (as some would say) or play God and accept there offering (as others would say). My goal is to buy a second EQX 700 with the proceeds from this witch bottle offering.....only need 340$ more !! View attachment 2109445 View attachment 2109446 View attachment 2109447 View attachment 2109448
View attachment 2109449

Tis very bad to steal from Jobu! I'm not sure it is wise to take the offering from a wicca pagan spell bottle.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The purpose of a traditional Wicca Bottle is to return an evil spell back to the person in a magnified form. Normally it would either be buried on the property or on a table in the house. If neither and person is still doing it now, most likely a money spell. Even if you don't take any money, they may keep adding while burning incense each time.

Treasure hunters find swords while metal detecting. That should be a concern if a Wiccan was the previous owner and used the sword as a ritual tool.

Last edited:

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
They have you pretty patterned by now. If they do catch you taking the money it might not turn out well for you. People have payed a dear price for taking some small amounts, which mean much more to those putting it there. Tread carefully my friend.

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2109449
Hey Bart, That is pretty cool, never seen that before, nice steady income stream for you too! haha that new detector is right around the corner for you! Good luck.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Now I'm confused. If you get enough money from this witch bottle to buy a metal detector, and said metal detector finds you a nice, fat cache, do you replace the seed money next to the bottle or is it just gravy? ? ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread