CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 4-17-10 Sat .mourning , I decided to give the farm field a break ,this weekend .The wildlife , pesky ground hog , killer ,red tailed hawk ,the turkeys doing their mummer strut,down Broad St. , antlerless ,white tails , the Canadian goose ,and other critters are tired of being spooked . Went back to the Yank camp Sat and just finished 6:00 PM Sun 4-18 -10.. Some of U may remember ,been there a # of times .Also , there were NO Civil War battles in NJ . The place is growing up fast , spring .. has changed the vegetation to a jungle like experience. Still clearing out the open spaces, found a fire and a deep trash pit ..previously. Sifter on site and some items were found by screening .This weekend the camp started to seem more military than civilian , like the past searches . . Besides the usual horse tack piece ,iron buckles , bits ,,shoes and wagon parts .out of the iron came Two eagle buttons ,a cuff in sorry shape and a nice Infantry coat button .Both Scovills . Cool Within a half hour , Model 1853 Enfield , brass butt plate " two blade notches on the side of the plate " :icon_scratch: and trigger guard . Searched for the rest of the rifle but it was not to be found . Nearby where some lead musketballs and a .69 . Poncho rivets , some flat buttons . Then a silver Shocked 1853 Arrow and rays quarter ..next was another mini ball an a undated worn copper ,Draped Bust ,1863 IH ,and a old gold plated ring ,minus the stone . Still searching for a NJ button .The biggest find of the hunt happened this afternoon .I was ready to bag it and my bug spray was empty .The CZ sung a silver tone , deep the more I dug the louder & larger it sounded through the headphones !! Over 8 inches and still down there .Digging a clump an tossing it aside the signal vanished . Glanced around over the mound of dirt and there she was , big seated ,all tarnished and worn , 1847 Silver dollar !!! :headbang: Did the "Curly Shuffle" tripped over shovel and almost fell , eyeballing the ol coin ,in awe . 8) 8) The 1807 Gold patina LC, 1802 ,flattened rim ,Draped bust LC " found today" and the 1848 LC , I found earlier Sat .seemed to be meager in comparison to the" big Seated" . Still more lead finds ,an old Eagle flag pole top ..have a good feeling , there are more . Today's Finds. I hope U all get some nice oldies . Total coins : 1807 ,1802 ,1848 , a no date,Draped Bust , a no date Matron Head large cent .1853 Seated quarter & 1847 Seated Dollar "above average condition for silvers, in SJ soil" , dug , un circulated is un heard of here , One 1863 Indian Head penny . HH :thumbsup: Thanks for checking in . :icon_pirat: CMDawg

Attachments

• 100_1740.jpg
    100_1740.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,102
  • 100_1432.jpg
    100_1432.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,094
  • 100_1428.jpg
    100_1428.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,088
  • 100_1744.jpg
    100_1744.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,094
  • 100_1431.jpg
    100_1431.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 2,090
  • 100_1698.jpg
    100_1698.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,073
  • Yank relics.jpg
    Yank relics.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,071
  • 100_1685.jpg
    100_1685.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,089
  • 100_1741.jpg
    100_1741.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 2,081
  • 100_1716.jpg
    100_1716.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,052
  • 100_1705.jpg
    100_1705.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,021
  • 100_1723.jpg
    100_1723.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,068
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Re: Yank Camp ..Hi-oh Silver.. $

Great spot and even better finds you have there :headbang:

That quarter looks like there was another coin on the back of it :icon_scratch:

Keep at that site, looks like a great one :notworthy:

HH,
Brian

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome finds there congrats.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009

CMDiamonddawg said:
DMN said:
When you find rifle pieces like that is it because the stock rotted away or because they were spare parts and left or forgotten? Maybe damaged and useable? Curious about that. Thanks. BTW, sweet recoveries all the way.
That makes two of us . :icon_scratch: I believe the stock was "still with" the" brass " butt plate and triggerguard because the screws are still corroded to the parts . Stock rotted away from these pieces . Why the barrel and other parts were not with the rest , is a mystery . Last week, same rifle , 1862 Enfield , was found complete and posted here . Sorry , I forgot which member recovered the Enfield .Maybe ,he will reply . I even left a post for him about the , the age , his answer ..1862 .. Another curious ,question is what you are stating ..How does a soldier lose his rifle in a non combat area ??? Repairs ? parts ? 8) Hope some of the members could shed some insight ..interesting thought ! :sign13: Thanks for your reply. DMN :icon_pirat: Good day all , back to the old salt mine for CMD

Hmmm, maybe they just had to bug out and the guy left the worse of the rifles (maybe grabbed a better one off the field). Well, either way, nice of him to leave it for you!

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"the Canadian goose"
It's Canada goose, geese can't be Canadians only people can :laughing9:

Great bunch of stuff!

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SkyPirate said:
"the Canadian goose"
It's Canada goose, geese can't be Canadians only people can :laughing9:

Great bunch of stuff!
::) Excuse me , What about the 6 ..150 + yr. old coins ? ;D I will stop saying , American Bald Eagle . :sign13: if U ever find a ,quote," bunch of stuff " ! :laughing7:
[/quote]
Newt said:
Great digs!
Newt
Thanks newt
blueguy said:
Good Job!!!!
Thanks blueguy
wingmaster said:
Awesome finds there congrats.
Thanks wingmaster
Cal_Cobra said:
Great spot and even better finds you have there :headbang:

That quarter looks like there was another coin on the back of it :icon_scratch:

Keep at that site, looks like a great one :notworthy:

HH,
Brian
Thanks Brian ,called an arrow and rays .what U see are the rays
{Sentinel} said:
DAWG....Hats off to you brutha :icon_thumleft: :wink: :headbang: Those are some super sweet relics and coins...Really like that Brass butt plate and the Seated! Congrats my friend :headbang:
Thanks, Sentinel ...found halves , first dollar :icon_pirat:
Breezie said:
Sweeeeeeet! :thumbsup: Breezie
Thanks Breezie HH
pickman said:
Awesome!!
Thanks pickman ...nice bust find.
Trond said:
This is a great hunt. I wish every day was like this! :icon_thumleft:
HH Thanks Trond Wouldn't that be something ..everyday :sign13: it would be :icon_scratch: ..be thrilling !!! The thrill of the hunt , keeps us rollin' :laughing7: HH CMD

Attachments

• diamonddawg.jpg
    diamonddawg.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 849
  • diamonddawg.jpg
    diamonddawg.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 861
  • 100_1680.jpg
    100_1680.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 306

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You know, with what you found, the guy owning all could have become a casualty......soldiers just don't walk away from
their weapon + a silver dollar + all the rest of the stuff you found. :icon_scratch: Sure wish your finds could
talk. Bet there is quite a story to go with your finds.
Make sure and take some pics of the background where you found the items,.........what you have found would make for
an interesting shadow box. WTG!!! Go back and find some more. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
Iron Patch said:
That's a heck of a site! I like the gun parts too! :thumbsup:
Thanks IP , I can't figure out ,those parts , the existing org. screws meant the stock was there ..there should of been the barrel :icon_scratch:

Maybe so, but did you forget this is metal detecting. ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

Don't see too many posts like this :icon_thumleft:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That seated dollar is one Incredible find! This is the first one I've seen posted here. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Hogge

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250

I agree, seated dollar = banner. Take some better pics of that coin and the others and you'll be up there. Congrats!

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hikeinmts said:
You know, with what you found, the guy owning all could have become a casualty......soldiers just don't walk away from
their weapon + a silver dollar + all the rest of the stuff you found. :icon_scratch: Sure wish your finds could
Make sure and take some pics of the background where you found the items,.........what you have found would make for
Thanks hikeinmts , Quite a story ,indeed. I am l going back this Sat . Maybe the rest of the Enfield is still there . I have pics of this area , and I like your idea . S. Korea :icon_scratch: Are U in the military ???
ggossage said:
Ah shucks ,very kind , & glad you like the finds !!! ..Thanks ,ggossage
Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks IP , I can't figure out ,those parts , the existing org. screws meant the stock was there ..there should of been the barrel :icon_scratch:

Patch, I want the rest of the rifle , real bad . persistence may work. Thanks for reminding me .
shaun7 said:
Thanks ,shaun7 Looking forward to your next thread .. :icon_pirat:
hogge said:
That seated dollar is one Incredible find! This is the first one I've seen posted here. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Hogge
How U doin' ... hogge My brother lives in Lexington ,Mass . We are planning a hunt , sometime in May . Still looking for a Mass copper and the "pine tree shilling ;D" He says he can hook me up with an area that has one . ::) It is a thrill to find any silver , bigger the coin, the bigger the thrill . Found some Morgans ..years ago , first Seated !!! Cool looking and it will go down on record as a high lite of my MD experiences . Thanks & HH , hogge

Attachments

• diamonddawg.jpg
    diamonddawg.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 632
  • diamonddawg.jpg
    diamonddawg.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 611
  • Enfield.jpg
    Enfield.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_1683.jpg
    100_1683.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 298

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
hikeinmts said:
Thanks hikeinmts , Quite a story ,indeed. I am l going back this Sat . Maybe the rest of the Enfield is still there . I have pics of this area , and I like your idea . S. Korea :icon_scratch: Are U in the military ???
ggossage said:
Ah shucks ,very kind , & glad you like the finds !!! ..Thanks ,ggossage
Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Iron Patch said:

Patch, I want the rest of the rifle , real bad . persistence may work. Thanks for reminding me .
shaun7 said:
Thanks ,shaun7 Looking forward to your next thread .. :icon_pirat:
hogge said:
How U doin' ... hogge My brother lives in Lexington ,Mass . We are planning a hunt , sometime in May . Still looking for a Mass copper and the "pine tree shilling ;D" He says he can hook me up with an area that has one . ::) It is a thrill to find any silver , bigger the coin, the bigger the thrill . Found some Morgans ..years ago , first Seated !!! Cool looking and it will go down on record as a high lite of my MD experiences . Thanks & HH , hogge
Hey Dawg, Was in the military, but retired now.....own a small business, and T.H. now. Hope you find some more to go with what you have. Good luck

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unreal finds. You will have a hard time topping that hunt. Congratulations on a great hunt.

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Fantastic finds there :hello2: love the coins :thumbsup:
Thanks ,Brian .. HH :icon_pirat:
rogues71 said:
great finds and a seated dollar banner
Thanks roques not gonna happen :notworthy:
Deno said:
Unreal finds. You will have a hard time topping that hunt. Congratulations on a great hunt.
' Deno .. Thank U

Attachments

• 100_1685.jpg
    100_1685.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_1685.jpg
    100_1685.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 1847 Seated  $ 001.jpg
    1847 Seated $ 001.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Cavalry soldier.jpg