Yard gives old coin other than wheat!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched a park from 2:30- 3:30pm today found all trash. Searching my yard again at around 7:15pm until around 8:15pm. Found a little trash two nails and some foil. Switched to coin mode and found a 1865 2 cent piece in the same area I found a 1911 wheat. That is two old coins For my 1800's yard. I think my neighbor searched the place before we bought it. I just think it would have more coins. Not just old ones but modern ones too.

Here are some pics!!
HH!!

Attachments

• myhouse 001.jpg
    myhouse 001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,007
  • myhouse 003.jpg
    myhouse 003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,003
  • myhouse 004.jpg
    myhouse 004.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 989
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Way to go Mud. That is a GREAT coin. You got it all going on now. HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work, MUD!! Great coin! ?:o ?Your persistence payed off. ?

Now we'll never have to look at the "disappointed digger" picture again, right? ? Right?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
That is one good looking coin... Looks to be in great shape... WTG!!!
Good luck on the next one...

E

Enloe Relics

Mud its all about the Hunt! see you just have to keep looking if you dont! you wont find the old stuff i have been hunting a ghost town here in southern Utah about 18mths and i have found 9 silvercoins from the 1800's 5 chineses coins from the 1700's a "US" Belt buckle a lot of buttons and iron buckles and so on. but had i given up after not finding anything for the first few weeks i would have missed out. so just look at all the coins you still have left to find do some reserch and look for places people may have camped,old farms,old school house,battle sites,wagon roads,Ghost towns, i dont know what state you are in but theres a lot more finds where that came from. just keep up the good work and good luck let us know if theres any thing you need help in finding I will be glade to help! HH Harvey! ? ? ?

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
I have an 1865 Phila. Inquirer newspaper that sold for 2 cents. Wanna buy it SWAT??.....LOL It has an ad for a coloured litho portraying Booth standing behind Lincoln and the devil standing behind Booth with a pitchfork. The litho sold for 2 bucks.

root

F

frankiesaysrelax

Well thats good to hear. Nice find.

I wish I had time to go detecting >:(

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
MAAAAAAAAAAAARvelous find ther buddy!!!!!! And just think how depressed you were on you last posts huh? LOL Home is where I have found some of my best finds....theres no place like home. Congradulations on your find, I can only imagine how stoked you were. I thought I heard someone screaming when I was outside this evening :D WTG, have a great day and good luck on your next hunt! (p.s. im jelious :P) LOL

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Holy crap~! I would trade all of my finds so far for that!! How deep was it?

R

rvbvetter

? ?WOW!!!? ? ?Great? ?85 P? !!!? ? ;D

? Congrats!!? ?Fantastic 2 cent piece !!!!? ? WTG!!!? ? ? ? ? ? HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting