Yard gives old coin other than wheat!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched a park from 2:30- 3:30pm today found all trash. Searching my yard again at around 7:15pm until around 8:15pm. Found a little trash two nails and some foil. Switched to coin mode and found a 1865 2 cent piece in the same area I found a 1911 wheat. That is two old coins For my 1800's yard. I think my neighbor searched the place before we bought it. I just think it would have more coins. Not just old ones but modern ones too.

Here are some pics!!
HH!!

Attachments

• myhouse 001.jpg
    myhouse 001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,008
  • myhouse 003.jpg
    myhouse 003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • myhouse 004.jpg
    myhouse 004.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 990
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that is absolutely AWESOME!!! way to go man!! it looks to be in great shape too. probably been in the ground for 130 years or so .....maybe more,! your the first guy to touch that coin since shortly after the civil war! way to go!!

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

One of a kind....We mostly hear about Silver.Gold, $ ,50Cents,Clad,Wheat.....etc.etc....But not too many 2 cents pieces. WTG ;D ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now maybe you'll find it a little easier to believe some of this stuff the other guys are finding. Heck, someday maybe I'll find one like you just did. Just gotta stay at it.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for so many replies. I am very happy I found this coin. This is my most valuable find and its cool to own. It's good to know that whoever searched this land before me left some good things behind. Now I may... believe some of the other old coins people are finding. This was found at about 3"+. I am a little less depressed and a little more faithfull about MDing. LOL 2 cent newspaper for a 2 cent piece I get it. LOL! Oh and, thank you everyone for the congratulations.

I will be finding and posting more things soon, trash or treasure.
HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 747
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 719

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Way to go man. 2 cent peices are not easy to find. It's possible that the yard was detected. It also probably depends on how good your unit is and how sensitive it is also. If the unit is going deep and finding a ton in other places then most likely there's not much there or it was detected.

All in all a great find. Keep searching that lawn.

HH Jeremy

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Congratulations! What a terrific find! That sure would look nice in my collection. ;D I've been detecting for about 4 1/2 years now and I haven't pulled one of those up yet. You lucky son of a mother. ;D I'll bet your walking on clouds right now. Welcome to the other side! Now get out there and find some silver! HH.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks All,

Hey mercurydime, why leave this one out too?

HH All, Sorry for the Drama!

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Cool coin ;D Sometimes the good guys finish first

Thanks for the info on the hot rocks.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
grasshopper,when you can take this 2 cent piece from my hand it is time for you to go. :)great find,it just took patience!

peace,bigrig

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yeah dime.........what.......no witty comments on this one?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok MUD, no more whining! I will probably never in my lifetime find a two cent coin! Wonderful find and I promise to stop whining about not finding any silver! JIM

PRAIRIEWOLF

Jun 26, 2005
MINNESOTA
Was that whining ? It was so prevalent I thought it was ground hum . I'm gonna miss it . Perhaps you can find something new to whine about . Nice coin and great find .

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!!Does this mean we wont see dissapointed digger anymore? Im happy for you mud.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread