YES!!! Broke into 1800s silver!!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I was in an area I have never detected before, and though I was busy as all getout, I made an hour or two to detect. Walking along finding a clad quarter here and, a clad dime and penny there, and more clad everywhere. I had some high expectation of this area and was started to get a little bummed. Finally found a sterling earring and my attitude got a little better. :P

Then I got a deep silver signal and VOILA!!! Dug my very first pre1900 silver. Turned out to be an 1897 Barber dime. WAHOOOOOOOO I was totally pumped! Kept taking it out of my pouch and looking at it hoping that just maybe there'd be more but TOTALLY happy with what I had found.
Then a deep copper signal...I was thinking it could be an indian head or wheat penny but I ended up digging a 1928 British half cent. I have to admit I was sort of puzzled at that find but turned right around not three feet away and found another from 1921!! What a time I was having!!!
I stood up from digging that copper coin and swung my detector. Not more than 2 feet from the second half penny, I got a nice deep silver signal and pulled a 1936 silver quarter out the was in just awesome shape. I did another happy dance and thought the day just couldn't get any better.

I kept on working that area really hard and got another signal and dug ANOTHER FIRST pre1900 coin! An 1889 Liberty head V nickel! THIS WAS ONE HAPPY TREASURE HUNTER! I know a lot of people find so many of these kinds of coins back east that it may seem relatively boring.... but for the pacific northwest this was an UNREAL day!

I dug a bit more clad and then hit one of those pulltab signals that beckons you to dig just to see if it might be gold and to my surprise I pulled up a sweet little 14k white gold pendant with maybe half a carat of diamonds in it! I just about fell over considering I was heading back to my vehicle as the hunt was coming to an end. Needless to say I did not want to leave, but had to...and I left very very happy!

WHAT A WAY TO END THE DAY! All in all I believe this hunt made me happier than any before. I FINALLY succeeded in breaking into some 1800s silver and iced the cake with white gold and diamonds.

I apologize for the poor pics and will try to get some better ones on here later if I can. I am pressed for time today.

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!

~Nash~

Attachments

• newstuff.jpg
    newstuff.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,253
Upvote 0

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
Nice way to go,good find.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow!! Now that is a fantastic hunt.
What a haul of treasure.
Congrats on your two firsts. Love those Barbers!!
I especially like the gold and diamond pendant... wooowhooo!!
Congrats big time on that sweet puppy!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Awesome stuff. Very Sweet. ;D Even that V nickel I would be happy with - it doesn't have that red color. ;D

Congratulations and enjoy.

Bob

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o :o :o :o Four HAPPY WOW's for you Nash for breaking into the 1800s and getting two first for yourself. That's the way to spend a few hours, making them pay off big time. :D HH

Desertfox

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
WTG Nash, my only advice to you is to go back to that area and give it a whole day! Congrats! :)

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Nash,
Know what you mean but finding such fantastic silver in the west. Live in eastern Washington and finding silver is an oddity. Glad your day was not filled with clad.

49er

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Man, that's an awesome fast hunt!!
WTG!
Baggins

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
Hey... I'm on the east siiiiide and that would still be a good day for me ;D

WTG!

I wish you more luck on future hunts!

Nickel_B

R

RUDY2003

Big High Five to a bunch of firsts bud!!!!
Excellent spot.

Keep safe...

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've definitely found a best kept secret site..WTG and congratulations, those are some great finds!

Nat

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
These are the type of hunts we dream about!

Every now and then, they come true!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Ridley

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Thanks everybody! This was just one great day for me. I am very excited to get back to that area and check out the rest of it, but it may be awhile before I drive another 6 hours to get there. I would guess that I could put one full day into the rest of the place I was hunting.
Rest assured I WILL get back there and spend whatever time it takes to cover every square inch!
Right now I am trying to get better pics, but my cameras macro feature seems to be malfunctioning. It was recently dropped so all I can do is thank the kids :P

A great day to you all!!!!

~Nash~

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
WOW, what a fantastic streak you had going Nash!

And topped off the day with gold and diamonds!

A day you'll never forget.

Thanks for sharing.

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
What and OUTSTANDING quick hunt !!! , I'd be thrilled to get that much
in a month :)

Big time grats and keep-a-swingin ;)

Doozis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions