YES!!! Broke into 1800s silver!!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I was in an area I have never detected before, and though I was busy as all getout, I made an hour or two to detect. Walking along finding a clad quarter here and, a clad dime and penny there, and more clad everywhere. I had some high expectation of this area and was started to get a little bummed. Finally found a sterling earring and my attitude got a little better. :P

Then I got a deep silver signal and VOILA!!! Dug my very first pre1900 silver. Turned out to be an 1897 Barber dime. WAHOOOOOOOO I was totally pumped! Kept taking it out of my pouch and looking at it hoping that just maybe there'd be more but TOTALLY happy with what I had found.
Then a deep copper signal...I was thinking it could be an indian head or wheat penny but I ended up digging a 1928 British half cent. I have to admit I was sort of puzzled at that find but turned right around not three feet away and found another from 1921!! What a time I was having!!!
I stood up from digging that copper coin and swung my detector. Not more than 2 feet from the second half penny, I got a nice deep silver signal and pulled a 1936 silver quarter out the was in just awesome shape. I did another happy dance and thought the day just couldn't get any better.

I kept on working that area really hard and got another signal and dug ANOTHER FIRST pre1900 coin! An 1889 Liberty head V nickel! THIS WAS ONE HAPPY TREASURE HUNTER! I know a lot of people find so many of these kinds of coins back east that it may seem relatively boring.... but for the pacific northwest this was an UNREAL day!

I dug a bit more clad and then hit one of those pulltab signals that beckons you to dig just to see if it might be gold and to my surprise I pulled up a sweet little 14k white gold pendant with maybe half a carat of diamonds in it! I just about fell over considering I was heading back to my vehicle as the hunt was coming to an end. Needless to say I did not want to leave, but had to...and I left very very happy!

WHAT A WAY TO END THE DAY! All in all I believe this hunt made me happier than any before. I FINALLY succeeded in breaking into some 1800s silver and iced the cake with white gold and diamonds.

I apologize for the poor pics and will try to get some better ones on here later if I can. I am pressed for time today.

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!

~Nash~

Attachments

• newstuff.jpg
    newstuff.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,253
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nash,

That is a sweet find, nice old "Silver". I'll bet that put a Giddy-Up in your step. Way to go.

Ed D.

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Nick in NEPA said:
Excellent! Wish I was you!
HERE'S A FIRST! Man , PLEASE be careful what ya wish for. LOL
Just wish for a day like I had. THAT you may not regret as much as that other wish coming true!
And I DO get to go back up and hit that area again tomorrow or maybe the next morning.
I am truly pumped!

HH and thanks to EVERYONE for your replies to my post. I wish I had the time to answer everyone on an individual basis. You are really a great bunch of folks.

~Nash~

ICE ADDICT

Aug 15, 2007
Cheektowaga New York
Detector(s) used
whites Spectrum XLT E-Series
Great day Nash!!

I haven't had a day like that in some time :-[

Now If I could just figure out my new XLT MAYBE I'll find something other than shallow clad!!

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Nashoba,

Excellent finds! As others have said, go back to that spot over and over. I can just about guarantee that it is far from 'worked out'.

It will be difficult to top that outing, but you will sooner or later.

Congratulations!

BRD

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
Let's see.. Sterling silver jewelry, then '2 - Count 'em - 2' Barbers of different denominations (even better), then a Liberty / V nickel, and then gold jewelry. Did I get everything?

THAT PRETTY MUCH COVERS THE SPECTRUM OF WHAT MOST OF US TRY TO FIND OVER A SUMMER.

Big Congrats on a spectacular day!

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Admiral de Salee said:
Let's see.. Sterling silver jewelry, then '2 - Count 'em - 2' Barbers of different denominations (even better), then a Liberty / V nickel, and then gold jewelry. Did I get everything?

THAT PRETTY MUCH COVERS THE SPECTRUM OF WHAT MOST OF US TRY TO FIND OVER A SUMMER.

Big Congrats on a spectacular day!

Thank you very much. It was indeed a spectacular. I just happened to pick one of the places I had done a bit of research on and hit the right one. She had everything from clad and modern jewelry to the old stuff. Now had I decided to go detect another area I have done research on, I may have gone home emptyhanded. But you can bank on the fact that if I research an area and like what I see, I AM going to hit it sometime!

I bit of research and a lot of luck came into play on this particular day. I just can't wait for that to happen again! Hopefully SOON!

HH

~Nash~

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nashoba said:
Nick in NEPA said:
Excellent! Wish I was you!
HERE'S A FIRST! Man , PLEASE be careful what ya wish for. LOL
Just wish for a day like I had. THAT you may not regret as much as that other wish coming true!
And I DO get to go back up and hit that area again tomorrow or maybe the next morning.
I am truly pumped!

HH and thanks to EVERYONE for your replies to my post. I wish I had the time to answer everyone on an individual basis. You are really a great bunch of folks.

~Nash~
That's what I meant.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
That was a very good day of detecting for you!!!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Great finds Nash

What kind of area was it? park,school,field,old homested etc. just to give the rest of us a hint of areas we should search where we are

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread