YOU JUST NEVER KNOW

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I found this in an old building many yrs ago and the curiosity has haunted me ever since. I won't go into detail as to the who, where and when , but I have permission to salvage from this place. I went there again today to plan my strategy. I found one last yr and was VERY VERY pleasantly surprised with its contents.
Wish me luck ...Updates coming soon.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all

UPDATE: well it's been about 3 yrs since I initially posted this. I checked on the safe about every 4-6 months since, just to make sure it hadn't been disturbed or opened. Originally I was going to open it with a torch but there were inherent risks with that idea. Well this past weekend I revisited the site armed with a cordless drill,4 batteries and a scope cam. Much to my dismay,when I arrived at the site, all I saw was a mountain of bricks and rubble. The building
has been torn down and no evidence of the safe anywhere. Unfortunately, due to my procrastination, We will NEVER KNOW What was inside.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 5,314
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 5,341
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,294
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Blow Torch.....No wait........a good lock pick.....hold on.....just pull on the handle! :tongue3: Good luck.. jgas

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really know how to get to a fella don't you?

Can't wait until we find out what is or isn't inside it!

Don't wait too long, we are dying to know! (At least I am!)

Good Luck!

Bob

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Heck you're too late. I cleaned that one out about 5 years ago :laughing9: Actually that's really cool. Be sure to lets us know what you find. If I had been the one to open it it would have been full of dog food or something. :'(

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't Geraldo do that safe on TV? :laughing7:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Geesh, at least get her open before teasing us :laughing7:

So what did you find in the one from last year?

I would think a cool old safe like that would be worth some $$$ if you could restore it, is it possible to have a lock smith open it and replace the locks without destroying it. Then bead blast it, repaint it, and sell it.

At any rate, GET THAT SUCKER OPEN :whip2:

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
vayank54 said:
Heck you're too late. I cleaned that one out about 5 years ago :laughing9: Actually that's really cool. Be sure to lets us know what you find. If I had been the one to open it it would have been full of dog food or something. :'(

Yeah. With my luck, it would have been the "or something" for me. :D

Opener up and take some pics. :icon_scratch:

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool. I am surprised nobody has ever tried getting into it somehow.

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
boy o boy you got my blood pumping, i have a torch and a pick when you want me over...........lol

HH

PTM

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Can you say "Capone's Vault"?

Seriously, I hope you find something worthwhile and let us share in your excitement!
Keep us in the loop!

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple had just bought a house and found a safe much like the one in the picture. As so, took it to an unon as they moved in they held sort of a house warming party. After the new homeowner and his buddies drank a case or so of beverages they decided they were going to open the safe. Out came the sledge hammers and pry bars. After a couple of hours they were finally sucessful in getting the door open. This is where I came into the picture, I am the local fire chief and we got a call for some type of possible explosives. Upon a quick examination we realized they had 20 year old dynamite that was leaking inside the safe. Well long story short the bomb squad came out from a local military base, removed all of the dynamite, to it to a county park late that evening aan detonated it. It was the BIGGEST BOOM I had ever seen in my life. Only god knows why those guys are still walking the earth today. So im just saying go ahead chip away, inquiring minds want know. ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hummm a MARVIN eh? -- so 1838 to 1892 vintage because thats the "company" time line *

if you see a sailing ship type oil painting on the doors (or rements of it)--its a 1871 to 1880 vintage one. :wink:

time to "check er" out already

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to be a killjoy but... I bet its empty

Chukers

Top Member Reactions